Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Teknoslasher
Travis - 1999 Ford AU S1

Default $2,000 to spend on the car's performance.

I've been doing a bit of saving for some time now. My car is my baby and I want to give her the best. I'm wanting to spend money on her to get the best performance for being a tool. Is there any suggestions for how to do this as I want to be able to know the AU Falcon will flog the out of other cars, especially Commodores.

So I just want to know what would give my car the best KW and BHP output for that limited amount of money. I know she's great at accelation, but I'd like to give her guts.

As a side note, what would me putting a larger exhaust onto the car help it benefit? Like, what are the advantages in doing so?

Cheers.

Last edited by MrXr6Tickford; 22-04-2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Edited Post
Old 21-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknoslasher
I've been doing a bit of saving for some time now. My car is my baby and I want to give her the best. I'm wanting to spend money on her to get the best performance for being a tool (aka street racing). Is there any suggestions for how to do this as I want to be able to know the AU Falcon will flog the out of other cars, especially Commodores.

So I just want to know what would give my car the best KW and BHP output for that limited amount of money. I know she's great at accelation, but I'd like to give her guts.

As a side note, what would me putting a larger exhaust onto the car help it benefit? Like, what are the advantages in doing so?

Cheers.
Street racing is not something this forum, and me personally, condones. On that basis, I refuse to assist in any way. Haven't you seen what happens to street racers? They end up in bits all over the front seat.
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 21-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

spend said $2000 on sky diving lesson, but dont pull the tag
Old 21-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Sorry, but I cant assist you with street racing. 200 shot of NOS maybe?
Old 21-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
[X] C-M-F [X]
[X] C-M.F [X]

I dont agree with the street racing mate, but its not me thats going to be doing it, its you.
But if you want to get a little more out of your car, id be putting on a cold air intake, and maybe even a ECU chip?
Sorry about the lack of help mate.. but im really not sure.
Hope this helps in some way shape or form.
Keep it on the safe side though mate
Old 21-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
pstap
Intimidator AU3 XR8 347

go and spend $200 on dvd on v8 supercars 1999 / 2002
Old 21-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Buy an Xbox 360 and all the Need for Speeds ie Most Wanted, Carbon and Undercover.

Heaps of street racing.
Old 21-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
Pepe_17
AU XR

The PS3 has the best graphics and game play..maybe some Midnight Club LA or GT for the full racing experience!

GALAXY BLUE
Old 21-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

AFF will not be assosciated with this kind of behaviour (street racing). so if thtas what you wanna do. dont post here about it.