Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #31
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Audio upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGALOP
Looking to replace the tape player/radio in my 2000 AU Wagon. Just want a single AM/FM/CD type..................what's my simplest, cheapest option? Prefer a remove old and plug in new C/O.
Replace it with a factory CD player. Simplest and will allow you to keep your stereo controls on the steering wheel. Will allow you to remove the old and plug in the new c/o. Just make sure you get the security code.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #32
Day-mow
rexnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
Probably more to do with speakers.

I've got Type X splits and I doubt head units within the same price range would make much difference to the sound.
When I 1st got my xr6 it had a clarion DVD play stock speakers. Put my alpine deck in and the difference was night and day. Put alpine R-types in later and it was epic

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #33
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
When I 1st got my xr6 it had a clarion DVD play stock speakers. Put my alpine deck in and the difference was night and day. Put alpine R-types in later and it was epic
Are you saying that the Alpine was much better on the stock 5 x 7s?

If so, we can't be talking about a Clarion and an Alpine in the same price range.

Obviously if the Alpine is a higher spec unit, you'd expect a sound differential.

That was my original point.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #34
Day-mow
rexnet

I am correct. But I'm not saying price range. However alpine do make some cheaper decks as well. Basically alpine is sic.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Old 20-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #35
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
Basically alpine is sic.
Can't argue with that, lol
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #36
Day-mow
rexnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
Can't argue with that, lol
wooooo!