Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Who wants to make a quick buck.

Was trolling Ebay and came across this. If I was still over there I'd be very tempted to buy these and flip them for a quick profit or sell one and get a very cheap car.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: Who wants to make a quick buck.

That bloke was on here sprouting about how he got that ute for $500. Looks like he's going to make a quick profit on it first.
Old 24-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

you wouldn't be able to make much out of it
Old 24-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
you wouldn't be able to make much out of it
Agreed. Whilst the average price for an AU Fairlane seems to hover around $10k, no one is buying them. And who could blame them, an AU lane would have to be IMMACULATE to attract 5 figures IMO
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
trbo 6

Surely the Au is worth $8k on it's own??
trbo 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I would have thought you could get at least 5k per unit for a quick sale.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Yeah, probably right bushbasher
but if you're starting off paying $8k, then that doesn't leave much room for stamp duty, roadworthies, listing them on carsales, dicking around, having that much capital invested for a month or so while you shift them, and any other hiccups that might come along on the way. So i'd say it'd be a hard task, at best you'll just be making wages.
Old 25-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Is it just me, or does the front bumper on the ute just doesnt look right... looks like its ill fitted, and i didnt think an AU2 XR8 ute would have had (maybe aftermarket?) AU1 XR front bumper with lip kit...