Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
brownieXR8

Default BA XR8 pod into AU

I just got myself a pod enclosure from a BA XR8 / GT an am planning to fit this into the AU XR8. Now obviously the mounting points don't line up from the original airbox, so I was wondering if anyone had any pics of how they have mounted theirs.

I have looks at a heap of pics posted by JC and other who have done this mod, but can't see clearly how it's been attached. I'm guessing I'll just have to drill a new hole(s) but if I can see where someone else has done it, it saves me some trial and error.

If you look at the below pic (posted by JC in another thread) does anyone know what the blue spacer? is between the MAF and the pod adapter?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
brownieXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: BA XR8 pod into AU

I can answer that - The blue spacer is the standard intake adapter, reamed out to fit a 3" OD metal pipe, from the stock airbox, turned around and bolted to the MAF (I used blue silicon to seal it, hence the blue colour). Then I used some 3" metal curved piping to match up between the MAF adapter and the BA pod - I think I used a 3" silicon joiner and stretched it to fit over the end of the BA pod. The line going into the metal piping is the PCV/breather line.

Hope that helps.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
brownieXR8

Cheers for that JC, I was hoping you might poke your head in here.

Is that pod free hanging in there, or have you made up some brackets to hold it in place?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
brownieXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieXR8
Cheers for that JC, I was hoping you might poke your head in here.

Is that pod free hanging in there, or have you made up some brackets to hold it in place?
I adapted the BA bracket to fit - cut a bit, extended a bit, and it ended up nice and solid.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post