Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #31
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Sandown racing housing development planning

Is it just me, or do you look at those buildings and think of dominos?

Not a fan of high rise living, love my space.

Surely the apposite development for Sandown would have been a requirement for everyone to live in autonomous motorhomes, that slowly yet constantly circuited the track, parking and pits?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #32
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'm not fussed about space, I live in boganistan on the rural fringe of Melbourne, the town next along they're building 350-400m2 property estates, who the hell wants to live in the middle of nowhere on such a tiny property?

People always roll out the noisy neighbours things in apartments but the entire estate I'm in the smallest property is 1300m2, there's 5 of us in the court with loud modified V8 cars, everyone has the worlds yappiest dogs that bark all night, there is one bogan family that throws parties with music so loud half the estate can hear it, had my new neighbours ride a dirt bike in their back yard at 3AM on one occasion.

The problem is you have a little bit of land but now you've got a decent patch of grass (weeds) to mow, garden to maintain but you still have neighbors close by who get upset when you fart outside, everyone's a nosey flog who knows your business before you even do, I've had someone in my driveway staring at my car, another knob from up the street looking through our 6x4 trailer to see what we're throwing out, had a fight over my car starting at 5AM with someone else (which is funny because his direct neighbor now daily drives a 1960s Impala thats way louder than my car)

Then there is the lack of services, the next town with decent shops is 30km down the road so you have to shop there if you want more than beer, bread and milk.

The best thing thats happened in 25 years is we got NBN 10 years after it was announced and rego is $100 cheaper than Melbourne metro

Whats the worst thing that happens in apartments? Noisy rooters, someone taking a crap at 3AM and flushing the toilet or the lift flogs out and you have to walk up 600 flights of stairs where you meet your neighbour for the first time in 30 years and you ignore each other as you walk past, you walk out the door and you become one of the other faceless 5 million people in Melbourne.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #33
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Chemsex hookups (8+ hours of noisy bonking) in apartments, subwoofers, constant renos, predictable domestics, special levies, guerilla parking, no room for expansive hobbies and no tolerance of noisy ones, no thanks.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2019, 12:11 AM   #34
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont know how people live like it .when people tell me they just bought a new house and it sits on about 400m2 .thats about the size of 1 of my sheds.i can see my neighbors but cant hear them which i the way i like it
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #35
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Given the arrangements at Caulfield which is a public park partially used as a racecourse, I hope the government has done their homework as to whether it is the racing club's to sell.

Plus with the population growth, they have to live somewhere. Hopefully it is planned well - yeah right!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #36
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Sad to see the great circuits disappearing of Oran, Amaroo and now Sandown.
Makes me glad I live close by Winton. Historic racing, with a car and truck show all this weekend.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #37
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
i dont know how people live like it .when people tell me they just bought a new house and it sits on about 400m2 .thats about the size of 1 of my sheds.i can see my neighbors but cant hear them which i the way i like it
well thats another pov, some love living remotely, others like being in the rat race that I do like having so much on tap.
All depends what piece of land you have in the rat race, I agree I can't live with a neighbor looking through my windows or hear me on the throne dropping a bomb with good sound effects but for city living I'm on a good block with neighbors just on 1 side and not so close whereas my bro, he's on acreage 1hr NW of the CBD and they love the remoteness - many of us don't lol.......
What I can't deal with is apartment block living that is going on today in surburbia, the good ol block of land we once wanted is disappearing.
Or McMansion estates where everything looks the same, boring but thats todays world.

Soz back on topic......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2019, 07:17 AM   #38
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Sad news

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2019, 07:31 AM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The problem with living regional is the commute time to work, the crappy transport infrastructure and you run up the clock on your cars massively just on distance, I literally spend 20 days per year (day as in full 24 hours) sitting in my car commuting to and from work assuming it's perfect conditions and a great run.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #40
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well the Sandown 500 has just been approved for 2 more years.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2019, 05:30 PM   #41
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Is that the same as it having the full confidence of the board/selectors?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #42
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The problem with living regional is the commute time to work, the crappy transport infrastructure and you run up the clock on your cars massively just on distance, I literally spend 20 days per year (day as in full 24 hours) sitting in my car commuting to and from work assuming it's perfect conditions and a great run.
yeah an hour each would get to some in time ,im only about 30min from cbd but my job has me travelling all over the country so dosnt matter where im based
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #43
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Hopefully the coming recession will put a delay to their plans.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post