Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
sly
Sly like a G6

Default "New" Cruise Control Not Working

Got a cruise control module, wiring, switches, yoke etc from the wreckers. Fitted it today while I was fitting the new Momo wheel. On testing it, the stalk turns the "Cruise" indicator in the odometer panel on, but the steering wheel buttons don't work... it won't set a speed. All the wires are connected up OK, as is the cable to the throttle.

What I don't have is the braking module to screw into the master cylinder, so its electrical plug is just sitting there unconnected.

Do I need to have the braking module connected to set a speed or should I also be looking elsewhere?

The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
sly
Sly like a G6

Dig around in enough manuals... I'd been under the impression it was a fancy way to apply the brakes to stop speed creeping up while going downhill... turns out it's a pressure switch that open-circuits when the brakes are applied, cancelling the cruise setting. No switch, permanent open circuit, no cruise. So back to the shop to get the missing part...
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 19-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

Yes this is correct, you need the switch for it to work also fit a new one they tend to play up.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #4
sly
Sly like a G6

Yup, fitted a new one today, all good now. Will be handy coming home from dogwatch over the long weekend with double demerits...

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 20-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #5
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

How much did you pay in total for the parts?
Old 20-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
sly
Sly like a G6

$165 from the wrecker for CC module/cable/fittings, wiring harness, combination switch assy (steering column stalks), steering wheel switch and anything else I forgot.... everything except the de-activate switch. The de-activate switch cost $38.90 new from Ford. So all up $203.90.

Standing on my head under the dash to install the wiring.... priceless!

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 23-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Standing on my head under the dash to install the wiring.... priceless!
5 minutes spent taking the seat out makes life a little easier under there...
Old 23-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
lofty
Rusticating

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 

For the record, I believe it's also possible to bridge the pins in the socket, though I haven't tried it myself. I think that switch is just a backup for the brake pedal switch.

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post