Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Noob ISC/PCV Mistake - With Pics

So
My car's been running a bit rough lately and i had the bonnet up to show a mate of mine, and we're looking at the PCV Valve, and i'm like what does it do, and he's like i'll show you and pulls it out but in doing so, whoops, he snapped off where the other end of the PCV line connects to up near the ISC. Now a picture paints a thousand words:

and obligatory GK-style hands in photo shot:

So this black F piece is snapped off on the second bar of the F and the tail of the F has a sleeve go over it and connect to this white plate sort of thing. My question is, what is this F piece for and is it LPG specific or do most AU's have it?

And no my question isn't where do i get a new mate, in case you were wondering

Old 12-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Cypher093
F2T Powah

And I'll say it again: Whoops

Hopefully it's nice and cheap to replace.
Cypher093 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

take the throttle body off and plumb it directly into the manifold.. Because you are running that plastic spacer, the factory fitting will just have a rubber bung over it..

That white bit is factory LPG only.. I have never worried about it on conversions.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
take the throttle body off and plumb it directly into the manifold.. Because you are running that plastic spacer, the factory fitting will just have a rubber bung over it..

That white bit is factory LPG only.. I have never worried about it on conversions.
If he just refits it the way it was, he has the advantage of seeing if it in anyway becomes disconnected.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

it is a very snug fit, i wouldn't worry about it ever coming a drift... You can use a small cable tie while it is all off if you are concerned

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Yeah
i just bought a new part from ford (i don't know what the name is and neither did the spart parts guy, it was just 'oh that thing, right'. Apparently it is the same part that goes into the side of somewhere else on the petrol variants. Cost $3.05 and took 30 seconds to change.
Thanks for your help guys!
Old 16-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
cob58
Starter Motor

Default Re: Noob ISC/PCV Mistake - With Pics

This reply may not help Noob (10 years late), but it may provide guidance to others with a similar problem. The part is an add on when the car is converted to LPG. Its part of the Idle Compensation Kit P/N 8709B571AAS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76.jpg (14.8 KB, 7 views)
cob58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #8
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Noob ISC/PCV Mistake - With Pics

Never to late.
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: