Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
BillC

Default Mag for Ser 111 XR8

Hi all, I have managed to damage one of my mags. Cant find any on internet. Any body know where I can get one. Its the standard AU XR8 series 111 Tickford MAG

BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mag for Ser 111 XR8

there are heaps on evilbay but are all in sets. might be better in the wanted section, im after a S1 BA XR rim myself.
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
robbyj
Rob

Wheel king sell rims as a single, but you will pay an arm and a leg for it.

http://www.wheelking.com.au/Wheels/t...2/Default.aspx
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
DartAUxr8

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU IRS rebuild. 

i am after 1 x Brembo Azzuro if someone happens to have a spare one hiding in there shed.
DartAUxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC
Hi all, I have managed to damage one of my mags. Cant find any on internet. Any body know where I can get one. Its the standard AU XR8 series 111 Tickford MAG
Why not get it repaired??
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
If you get desperate, they are available NEW from Ford 17" x 8" $825.00
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartAUxr8
i am after 1 x Brembo Azzuro if someone happens to have a spare one hiding in there shed.
The Azzuro wheels are still available TAU3 1007 C $1050.00
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Fraud prices are ridiculous so they can sit in some dealer's shed for a bit longer.

I'd keep checking Ebay, they come up fairly often (the XR 17's that is).
Old 14-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Anyone who wants to go quarters in buying a set of these wheels, Id be seriously interested..
I too would like a factory alloy spare over the steelie mine has, but dont want to buy a full set of wheels just for one..

Im after a S2/3 AU XR8 factory 17in rim. I want one with no gutter rash, correct genuine centre cap and an at least a legal treaded tyre if possible..
Im in SE QLD, so if anyone else in this general area wants to work something out, Id be good for 1 wheel.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
CSXR8
F6 R-spec 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Anyone who wants to go quarters in buying a set of these wheels, Id be seriously interested..
I too would like a factory alloy spare over the steelie mine has, but dont want to buy a full set of wheels just for one..

Im after a S2/3 AU XR8 factory 17in rim. I want one with no gutter rash, correct genuine centre cap and an at least a legal treaded tyre if possible..
Im in SE QLD, so if anyone else in this general area wants to work something out, Id be good for 1 wheel.

I Have 4 S2 XR8 17in. wheels in the shed that I want to get rid off but only if the whole set go, minor scratches with 95% tread left all with the correct centre caps. $250 each or $1000 for the 4.

I am in Brisbane
CSXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
Magna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartAUxr8
saw these on ebay but didn't bid cause i wasn't shore but is there a difference between ford azzuros and the roh ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Magna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs1978
I Have 4 S2 XR8 17in. wheels in the shed that I want to get rid off but only if the whole set go, minor scratches with 95% tread left all with the correct centre caps. $250 each or $1000 for the 4.

I am in Brisbane

Thanks for the offer mate, but bit too pricey for me, and I only want 1.
I just dont have the room to store any spare wheels I wouldnt use in my shed, its a tight enough fit with the XY GT jammed in there with all my other parts n stuff. I dont really have the time to go reselling the leftovers either..

If I was going to spend decent coin (over 1k) for wheels, Id buy a new or used set of Azzuros or Rebel wheels in 18's and add tyres to suit..

Thanks anyway..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you might try new old stock in spare ford parts, i was in bayfords campbellfield today, they had a heap of odd factory wheels on the ground, the few i saw looked quite good prices, there would surely be other dealers in your neck of the woods trying to unload old stock?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #14
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna
saw these on ebay but didn't bid cause i wasn't shore but is there a difference between ford azzuros and the roh ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Not sure which is which, but some Azzuros clear Brembos and some don't. This is because some have the rear of the spokes scalloped out for the extra clearance. I think there is a difference between the S1/S2 and S3 wheels as only the S3 had the Brembo option
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

Brand new from dealer with centre cap, $650 +gst, I just bought one.
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #16
BillC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag top
Why not get it repaired??

Its out of round so Im pretty sure its not repairable.
Old 17-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
BillC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs1978

I am in Brisbane

I would be willing to buy one bot not the whole set. I would also be willing to pay freight to Townsville
Old 17-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #18
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its out of round so Im pretty sure its not repairable.
http://www.depuluwheels.com/wheels/repairs/repairs.html
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Try Carl's Performance Parts on 0400 104 360

He wrecks Tickford stuff.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
CSXR8
F6 R-spec 288

Quote:
I would be willing to buy one bot not the whole set. I would also be willing to pay freight to Townsville
Sorry mate only if the other 3 can go at the same time.
CSXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #21
BillC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Try Carl's Performance Parts on 0400 104 360

He wrecks Tickford stuff.
Thanks for that. I Called Carl and he said he has a couple but he dosnt seem real keen on sending me one to Townsville. He said he wanted $120 for the mag and I am willing to pay that plus the postage or freight plus $50 for anybody to go to the trouble of organising it to be sent to me. I guess I need somebody to pick me out a good one, box it and organise it to be freighted to Townsville.

Carl's performance is in Melbourne and Carl said he would look into sending it to me but I am not overly confident he will follow through. If $50 is not enough for anybodys trouble I am negotiable. Please PM me with your contact details if your willing to do this for me. Thanks
Old 22-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #22
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Thanks for that. I Called Carl and he said he has a couple but he dosnt seem real keen on sending me one to Townsville. He said he wanted $120 for the mag and I am willing to pay that plus the postage or freight plus $50 for anybody to go to the trouble of organising it to be sent to me. I guess I need somebody to pick me out a good one, box it and organise it to be freighted to Townsville.

Carl's performance is in Melbourne and Carl said he would look into sending it to me but I am not overly confident he will follow through. If $50 is not enough for anybodys trouble I am negotiable. Please PM me with your contact details if your willing to do this for me. Thanks
www.e-go.com.au will pick it up from his house as a wheel or heavy carton (if Carl will pack it in a box) and deliver it to you for less than $60.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
www.e-go.com.au will pick it up from his house as a wheel or heavy carton (if Carl will pack it in a box) and deliver it to you for less than $60.
If no good ask Carl to send it to me and I will help you arrange the rest from here. I'm still a fair way away but will help you out if need be - and keep the $50.
Old 22-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #24
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

e-go.com.au do depot to depot cheaper as well. When I spoke to Carl last, he was prepared to drop my purchase at Cambellfield e-go depot. All you have to do is book online with e-go, when you recieve the consignment note, email it to Carl and get him to attach and drop at Cambellfield depot. Hope that helps.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post