Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

Default Fuel Issues

I posted this in ecu section with no success, wondering if any of you can help me out

Hey guys, though I'd start this and see if you can point me in the right direction.
I have a 2000 AU 6cyl which has been converted from the old auto to a T5. I still have the auto computer on board which originally did the trick. I recently got the car re-tuned with an X-cal 3. My tuner played around with it for a fair while, but we kept getting this annoying problem when the car is at low revs.

If i flatten the throttle, the car takes off, but with small amounts of throttle (which is required for driving around town) the engine coughs and splutters. There is a small range that this occurs, but I always seem to find it.

I have considered swapping over to a manual computer, but that costs money and then I assume I'd need to reset my tuner to work with the new computer.

Has anyone had experience with this?

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fuel Issues

you really need to swap to a manual ECU as the auto one expects to see signals from the auto you should be able to get one fairly cheap on ebay

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post