Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #31
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: paying in drivethru with mobile phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
The asterisks prevent me from knowing what you are prepared to eat!
My apologies, I meant paying with the phone!!! I believe my rectal orifice shall remain un-eaten....
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-05-2019, 10:03 PM   #32
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
When your engine is running, but your car is in Park with the hand/park brake applied some cops apparently will still fine you for using your phone.

As for this 'tapping' phone idea, who cares. Why should it be illegal? It can't be any more dangerous than looking for your bank card in a wallet or trying to find where that last 5c piece went.

As for stop signs, they're a waste of time. I don't check any better at a stop sign than I do at a giveway. If anything I look better at giveway signs because you can keep moving if it's clear.
As for 4 way stop sign, **** me what a joke. We are luckily enough to be one of the only places in NSW with 4 way stop signs. No one knows how to use them though.
4 way stop sign is easy. He who flinches, loses.
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2019, 10:10 PM   #33
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I'm often amazed at how fast I can come to a full-stop and back to 60 in my XR6T.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #34
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

If you want four-way stop mayhem, just check out the Russian dashcam channels. Messy.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2019, 09:31 AM   #35
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

so, consensus is that it's technically illegal, but no real hazard and it would be a bastard cop that fined you for it. Is that about right?
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #36
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

As to the original post, wait until some eighteen year old would-be biohacker implants the payment chip in his tackle, just for the humour of rubbing his crotch on payment terminals...
So what happens when the vendor / supplier also implants the electronic version of the EFTPOS machine on their genitals.... will the 18 year old need to rub their genitals on the vendors genitals to make the transaction ??

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2019, 10:35 AM   #37
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I can just about see that taking off in dodgy clubs.

More generally, I see parallels with being in a relationship!

Last edited by Citroënbender; 17-05-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #38
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
so, consensus is that it's technically illegal, but no real hazard and it would be a bastard cop that fined you for it. Is that about right?
No, i think that this is the general consensus.......

Quote:
as for this 'tapping' phone idea, who cares. Why should it be illegal? It can't be any more dangerous than looking for your bank card in a wallet or trying to find where that last 5c piece went.
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post