Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
FRIKA
FRIKA

Default Shaker or Stripes

As the title says

Old 23-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #2
I6corp
Was V6corp

Out of those two?

Stripes. Shaker just deosnt suit the AU's shape.
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #3
FRIKA
FRIKA

or neither of the two
Old 24-08-2006, 12:03 AM   #4
I6corp
Was V6corp

I'll still say the stripes, makes your XR8 look meaner then it already is :P
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #5
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

pffftttt do I need to tell you?

You know what I think maaaaate.........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
pffftttt do I need to tell you?

You know what I think maaaaate.........
Let me guess Shaker. Just jokes.

Its your bloody fault that im even contemplating getting stripes. Look awsome on your car and I cant help but be a copy cat.

Are they an expensive project? Who did them for you?
Old 24-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #7
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR AYTE
Let me guess Shaker. Just jokes.

Its your bloody fault that im even contemplating getting stripes. Look awsome on your car and I cant help but be a copy cat.

I they an expensive project? Who did them for you?
Another good deed I'm responsible for, I love it :P

You can get them done for around $600+ in a good 7-10 year 3m vinyl and Signs Ahead in Kewdale did mine for me. Takes about a day, bit of work but if it's what you like I say do it! It would be cheaper for just the 2 bold stripes but looks heaps better with the bordering ones. I had just the two for years and got the thinner ones added this year- loads better I reckon.

Try Photoshopping them a little bit wider and slightly closer together- really fattens up the look.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #8
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Stripes for sure mate..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

shaaaaaaaaaaaaaker.
Old 24-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #10
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Another good deed I'm responsible for, I love it :P

You can get them done for around $600+ in a good 7-10 year 3m vinyl and Signs Ahead in Kewdale did mine for me. Takes about a day, bit of work but if it's what you like I say do it! It would be cheaper for just the 2 bold stripes but looks heaps better with the bordering ones. I had just the two for years and got the thinner ones added this year- loads better I reckon.

Try Photoshopping them a little bit wider and slightly closer together- really fattens up the look.
If i do go ahead with stripes they will be similar to yours. I dont know how to photoshop. ill see if someone else can put you stripes on my car just to get an idea.

i might look into and get a quote from the mob you went to on the weekend.

still undecided on colour as well?????
Old 24-08-2006, 12:36 AM   #11
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
If i do go ahead with stripes they will be similar to yours. I dont know how to photoshop. ill see if someone else can put you stripes on my car just to get an idea.

i might look into and get a quote from the mob you went to on the weekend.

still undecided on colour as well?????
Post a pic in the photoshop section and ask the guys to do a few colours- they will make the difference on your car and there's some really talented guys here.

Foxy went silver the same as mine on his venom red T3 and Bucky went a charcoal on Black which looked really good too- a graphite/charcoal colour on the silver would probably look a better balance but ask them to try a few different colours.........

Good luck mate
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #12
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Post a pic in the photoshop section and ask the guys to do a few colours- they will make the difference on your car and there's some really talented guys here.

Foxy went silver the same as mine on his venom red T3 and Bucky went a charcoal on Black which looked really good too- a graphite/charcoal colour on the silver would probably look a better balance but ask them to try a few different colours.........

Good luck mate

yeah i think graphite/charcoal is the way id go.

thanks for your help.
Old 24-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #13
HLC
Audi S3

i can photoshop. post up a good pic.
Old 24-08-2006, 01:17 AM   #14
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
i can photoshop. post up a good pic.
Noticed a request in the ps section from yesterday- here's the link with XRAYTE
s original pic

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...264#post902264
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 02:16 AM   #15
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
or neither of the two
What he said.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 05:57 AM   #16
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go both,if you have seen/heard and felt the difference a shaker makes in the flesh you would not even ask the question.I want stripes as well but want to come up with a package a bit different to everyone else.Is your car...do what you want.Just my pennys worth.
Old 24-08-2006, 09:02 AM   #17
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

In those pics, the shaker looks the better option.

But if they'll end up anything like Bucky's car, go the stripes!

I do wonder what both would look like though! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #18
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
or neither of the two
exactly

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #19
stiddy
Banned

DO BOTH!! lol Shaker and Stripes would look pretty mean I think.... and certainly something different.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:55 AM   #20
sednwol

Quote:
or neither of the two
I'd go the Boss (bulge) bonnett.
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #21
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sednwol
I'd go the Boss (bulge) bonnett.
I did want the bonnet bulge. But as it is made of carbon fibre i cannot get insurance cover.
Old 24-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #22
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
I did want the bonnet bulge. But as it is made of carbon fibre i cannot get insurance cover.
Really? That's ridiculous. Did they say why?

Geez these insurance companies are getting out of control- they told me they wouldn't insure a lowered vehicle even if it was legal height. When I asked why, they said it makes it a more likely target of malicious damage- maybe this is the same?

Meaning that if it was sitting alone in a car park and looked nicer it was more likely to be vandalised. :

Both would look nice but the stripes looked fantastic on Bucky's car- don't listen to Casper- he's got it in for anything that makes it look better :P
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #23
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Really? That's ridiculous. Did they say why?

Geez these insurance companies are getting out of control- they told me they wouldn't insure a lowered vehicle even if it was legal height. When I asked why, they said it makes it a more likely target of malicious damage- maybe this is the same?

Meaning that if it was sitting alone in a car park and looked nicer it was more likely to be vandalised. :

Both would look nice but the stripes looked fantastic on Bucky's car- don't listen to Casper- he's got it in for anything that makes it look better :P

Yeah bloody insurers. ridiculous. I have however heard that Shannons are pretty good but still dont insure if you have a Carbon fibre Bonnet. Something to do with non airbag compliant.

Oh well Im pretty keen to get the stripes done just have to wait for HLC to do a photshop.
Old 24-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #24
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Is the shaker going to be connected up to the intake somehow?
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #25
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
Is the shaker going to be connected up to the intake somehow?

If i had the shaker put on it would definately be connected.
Old 24-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #26
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Oh well Im pretty keen to get the stripes done just have to wait for HLC to do a photshop.
any special colour requests?
Old 24-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #27
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Being the authority on stripes that I am ()) I would say a gunmetal/graphite/charcoal grade of medium to dark grey

The black may be a bit too much on the liquid silver. If it was meterorite the black would look great, but might be too much contrast on the light silver IMO. May be wrong though.......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #28
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Stripes... but done in the same style of Jimt3te50's with the pin stripes either side of the larger ones.

Shaker is a big fat no on an AU..BA..BF..Etc in my books...
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #29
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Hmmmmmmmm imagine the induction noise yummmmooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #30
HLC
Audi S3

here ya go. i change change the stripes to any colour if you want....

i dont think the XR shape lends itself to stripes all that well. but hey, it could be my dodgy chop. there are a couple of rough parts, sorry, got a little distracted with band stuff about halfway through... but i guess it gives you a decent idea.