Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
mrechter
Starter Motor

Default Help a newbie out.. cleaning query

Firstly, great forums you got here, I'm just reaming through all the great stuff in here, some of those light mods look awesome ....

General cleaning question,
The interior roof woories me, it's not like anything I've come across before, that fabricy webby stuff on the interior roof, like some synthetic stuff??
Just some general dirty hand smudges and some dirt specks.

Not sure weather auto carpet cleaning stuff is a good idea? probably not...

Any suggestions from the AU gurus out there...

By the way its an AUII Forte with grey interior.

Thanks,

MATT

mrechter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

hi , welcome to the forums, i had a few handprints on mine when i bought it , i just used some warm water with a bit of soap frothed around in it a bit, dipped a facewipe cloth into it and ring it out ( just use it damp / not ringing wet ) , then rub the effected areas over a few times , then do the same again but with clean water once its clean , then absorb as much moisture out of it with some paper towling or something .. I'm sure there is probably an easier way , many others will have some other good ways too , but that worked fine for me and left no stains , cheers .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
Crash Lander

As a father of 2 very young kids, I have the worlds best cleaning product at my disposal 24 hours a day! BABY WIPES! They'll get just about anything out of just about anything! Doesn't matter what brand. They all do the same job. We use them on the couches, in the car, on the carpet. I even wipe them over the dash, and do the windows and instrument cluster with them! Brilliant!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
mrechter
Starter Motor

wow, 2 replies in 15 minutes!!!!!

clean white soap does sound safe,
I was basically scared of using any kind of chemical on a light shade of fabricy stuff, and I cant even tell what kind of fabric it is, space age!!
baby wipes also wouldnt contain any kind of harsh chemical.

I'll be trying this out whenver I next get enthused to clean out the interior

Thanks,

MATT
mrechter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
MRJUCY
Fordless

With 99% of headlinings don't use anything harsh & don't get it wet or you'll find you have much less headroom then when you started as the fabric comes away from it's backing so really ring your cloth out so it's barely moist. It's much better to give it a few light goes taking a little bit more off each time & waiting for it to dry out between attempts then going all out at once & ruining it.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post