Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #1
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Default Rumor or Truth

l have heard both of Gary Myers cars are trashed as they fell off their trailers on the way home on Monday any info would be appreciated.
Old 17-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

As much as I don't like the new stang... it would be a terrible shame if either car was damaged from something like that.

Hope its just rumor.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
XRQTOR
Banned

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened either, hate the engine but love the car.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, you guys seriously don't like his new Muzzie? I think it looks grousse!
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

l dont mind it either l think the reason people dont like it is because he rearly fires her up unlike his old stang but give it time and he will start enjoying the new car just like he enjoys the burn out car that is that they are not damaged
Old 17-01-2005, 08:18 PM   #6
Topford2004

Fell off their trailers on the way home from where?? summernats? Ifso then id say it,s b.s, the 2 cars left canberra in containers and headed off to perth for motorvation,
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 08:38 PM   #7
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topford2004
Fell off their trailers on the way home from where?? summernats? Ifso then id say it,s b.s, the 2 cars left canberra in containers and headed off to perth for motorvation,
Even worse you' be really really worried at the number of containers that get damahged each year.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #8
Topford2004

They definatly made it to motorvation in W.A ,, so if something happened it happened late yesterday or early today, I really think its B.S
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #9
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

As of 8pm last night they were still perfectly fine :eclipsee_
toby123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #10
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby123
As of 8pm last night they were still perfectly fine :eclipsee_
Thats the main thing, never like hearing stuff like that after so much work has gone into them!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #11
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Thanks guys it's only the reason l ask is that have seen it happen before on the way home from the nats, and also know that gary was on a deadline on Sunday of the Nats that he had to hurry to the train station or where the containers where, and when your in a hurry you sometimes forget to do things.
But if you guys in WA know for sure they are there thats good news.

Cheers Chris
Old 18-01-2005, 01:51 AM   #12
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i hope its not true because that would be a damn shame

even though im not a huge fan of the thing, i still appreciate the huge amount of time/effort/money thats gone into the thing
Old 18-01-2005, 02:00 AM   #13
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Thanks guys it's only the reason l ask is that have seen it happen before on the way home from the nats, and also know that gary was on a deadline on Sunday of the Nats that he had to hurry to the train station or where the containers where, and when your in a hurry you sometimes forget to do things.
But if you guys in WA know for sure they are there thats good news.

Cheers Chris
Normally i would agree but not with gary, he is a perfectionast (sp) at motorvation theres a wheel changing service for the burnout guys. Gary wouldnt even let someone else change the weels on it!

Toby
toby123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 05:08 AM   #14
WIKIDSTIX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wasnt a big fan of the engine either, but hey i saw it at motorvation on sunday, and oh, is she sweet. i can honestly say, after seeing it in real life, it just makes it look 100 times better. + its very original which is appealing

i also saw the "fat gt" black and silver xb coupe with the chrome engine that is really neat :sm_drool: and ohh man that is a work of art, argh stupid crappy camera screwing up :'(
WIKIDSTIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post