Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
PyramidPower
Starter Motor

Default Rear view reverse camera for 2012 focus titanium

I have a German made 2012 Focus Titanium. It has no rear view reverse camera. Is there any way I can install one that is not going to affect the built in sensors in the rear view mirror?

PyramidPower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Foconatic

Default Re: Rear view reverse camera for 2012 focus titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyramidPower View Post
I have a German made 2012 Focus Titanium. It has no rear view reverse camera. Is there any way I can install one that is not going to affect the built in sensors in the rear view mirror?
I would like to know this as well. On the American forums, they say its quite a process and costly.

Behind the display unit there seems to be what looks like a video input. I have asked this question in this post:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11380478

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
KenN0898

I have a 2012 LW Trend GDI which came with rear view sensors and I have had the rear view camera fitted since,...yes, it was costly, about $650 and really not worth the money inho,..I find the sensors are adequate and tend to use the camera only when judging the distance to the car behind me when backing into a roadside parking space, I believe the money would have been better used to install front sensors but I don't believe they are available for my car.
KenN0898 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #4
PyramidPower
Starter Motor

I think it is a great idea to have the reverse camera connected to the built-in Sat Nav screen rather than the complicated multi-sensor Rear View Mirror. Does any body know of any one who can install a reverse camera for the German built 2012 LW Focus Titanium? I am sick waiting for Ford Australia to reply... They are simply not insterested!
PyramidPower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
hnn17

Just wondering about the Automatic Parking on the Titanium, is it just for parallel parking on the side of the road ? can you use it to park side by side like in normal shops parking lots ?
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Active Park Assist works only for parallel parking (side of the vehicle faces the curb), either on the left or right hand side (use your indicators if you want it to look for a park to your right on single way roads). It does not work for normal 90 degree parking, where a park is located either side of the vehicle, when the front of the vehicle faces the curb.

The new VF Commodore will feature this along with 90 degree parking, so side by side parking. Be interesting to see how this goes!