Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 18-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Default Ford Forums drags, fri night

for those of us going up on the friday afternoon/evening what time are you planning on leaving?

i'll be leaving home about 4pm so factoring in the friday arvo traffic it will take me prob 2hrs so by 6pm i should be there.

where are you staying?
i haven't totaly decided yet, have thought about camping at the track but being kept awake all night by a rowdy lot having fun doesn't appeal to me that much unless there is an area where it will be reasonably quiet.

other than that depending on what time i call it quits on running i may even return home & make the trip up the next morning.

EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's looking like i might be doing the same. We could meet up ford HQ or even at Bluepower to check out the scene there. I want to get there at 6pm too so it should take roughly about an hour to get there.

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I am taking Friday off Work - well havent asked yet

I would like to stay somewhere - not camping as I HATE the Cold.........I will prob stay in Ballarat overnight somewhere - have not looked into it yet.

Dunno about driving all the way back to Ferntree Gully on Firday Night after the drags - not really a good option for me.........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

i might also come up, depends on what day i get my car booked in for 4:11's and lsd!
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKHMR
It's looking like i might be doing the same. We could meet up ford HQ or even at Bluepower to check out the scene there. I want to get there at 6pm too so it should take roughly about an hour to get there.
i 'm thinking about going the back way, up the calder & across at kyneton. the WRR is a that time of an arvo & would take me ages to get to bluepower
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
Old 19-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Is this then instead of the planned May cruise?
Old 19-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
MR_LON
ORSMT5

no Jase, just finding out what those of us who will be racing are doing for friday night arrangements
Old 19-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry mate i didn't know that you were driving from that way. I might as well meet you guys there as i have just been given leave for that day.

Quote:
Old 20-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #9
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

im getting my car back on the friday night, so i intend on coming up on the Saturday and race my car, is anyone here going up on sat morning?
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
MR_LON
ORSMT5

check the orsm may cruise thread, there are some going then just depends if the time is suitable for you
Old 20-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #11
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Some on here need to take a teaspoon of conc and Harded The F@*K Up!! Im sleepin there and planin on gettin there about 5.30-6.00pm.
Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
EXR8ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I can't fit my double bed, jar of horlicks and lcd in the boot so will have to come up on Saturday. :
Old 21-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXR8ED
Some on here need to take a teaspoon of conc and Harded The F@*K Up!! Im sleepin there and planin on gettin there about 5.30-6.00pm.
Cheers
Glenn
how are you getting there, the ute won't make it that quick or are you leaving on the thursday :
Old 21-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Maybe he will trailer it up. :
Old 21-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:1syellow1 Well, I have now been given a pass out so I'll be staying up there overnight and will be going with a couple of mates who also went to adelaide with me. :1syellow1

Quote:
Old 21-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #16
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Quote:
:1syellow1 Well, I have now been given a pass out so I'll be staying up there overnight and will be going with a couple of mates who also went to adelaide with me. :1syellow1
You stayin at the track or goin the soft option??

Quote:
MR_LON Quote:
how are you getting there, the ute won't make it that quick or are you leaving on the thursday
Well Ron old boy goin on the math you have half as may cylinders as me so you should be leaving around tuesday. oh no. you should have already left!! :

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
EXR8ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #17
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Glad to see some of you going to the Drags in Friday night - Russell and I will try and get there on Friday night, as well as Saturday but will depend on my dog as she is due to give birth on that date.

Hey Glen - arrived home from Sweden last night and the gorgeous blond/blue eyed girls are a myth. Sorry - didn't bring one back for you! I was even forced to endure the Eurovision Song Contest - OMG! All very uncool. :

ORSM thanks to Elyse and Theo for house/cat/dog sitting while I was away. :1syellow1 Theo - Dolly has not stopped whinging tonight and I think she misses you......you big softy.

Cheers
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well Ron old boy goin on the math you have half as may cylinders as me so you should be leaving around tuesday. oh no. you should have already left!! :

Cheers
Glenn
Havent booked the place yet but, will be staying just a few minutes from there so we can leave our bags and stuff. So i'll see how it goes for me, and if the guys need to take off then they can take my car an i'll carry on through.

And, we will see you there Gaela. Going to have a crack at it all.

Quote:
Old 22-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #19
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Quote:
Havent booked the place yet but, will be staying just a few minutes from there so we can leave our bags and stuff. So i'll see how it goes for me, and if the guys need to take off then they can take my car an i'll carry on through.

And, we will see you there Gaela. Going to have a crack at it all.
I'm thrilled to see that the Orsm guys are supporting this event - it is a great one! Maybe we can convince them AFF to have a Show and Shine next time, as well.

Cheers
GT

Quote:

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
Old 23-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #20
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:

Cheers
Glenn
ahh touche, good stuff, if i can crack in to the 13 sec bracket we may cross paths, that will sort us out.

no doubt you will have the wood on me in a straight line, especially from a standing start, in gear acceleration would be interesting. ill take you on around a track any day :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug
Old 25-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #21
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just found out that it was too late for booking in so we are roughing it out. Hopefully my Black Russians will keep us warm.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #22
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Lovely to see some of the ORSM boys at the Heathcote Drags on the weekend. Sorry I didn't spend more time with you but I was kept busy in the Control/Timing Tower. Hey Big John - we'll get you out there next year!!! Great to see you all - you are like family to me.

I really want to congratulate Theo for his huge effort. Spent the whole weekend helping everyone and without any glory for himself - didn't even get to run done the 1/4 mile. You were a very popular choice for the 'Craig Christerson Memorial Trophy' Theo and I was thrilled to be there and see you presented with it. Congratulations again my friend - credit given where credit due.

Regards
Gaela

Quote: