Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 18-06-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 
Default A potential New Member

Hi Guys

A couple of months ago I met a guy in Kilmore with a gorgeous BA XR8 in Narooma Blue (if my memory is serving me well!). I gave him the details to join the AFF which he has done and also said I would get the ORSM Car Club to contact him as he wanted to join a club. His little boy was with him that day and I felt the ORSM club would suit a family guy.

Alan is his name and his AFF user name is Eevil8.

Would someone please make contact with him as he is keen to get involved in a Car Club. I did give his details to a club member nearly 2 months ago but no-one ever contacted him and I feel awful about it - feel like I let him down.

The car was pristine and I was a little embarrassed at how dirty mine was. Alan has spent a huge amount of money and time on the car and it looked like he is a shareholder in Herrod Motorsport!

Cheers
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Gaela

I would say give Theo a call.
Old 18-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

I have PM'd Alan, told him I have started the thread for him to post about himself & his car and ask about joining your club. I'm sure some of you will take him under your wing and make him feel welcome. While I am aware Theo is your President I guess you have committee members that look after the new member section.

Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
orsm8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep sure do just need to contact Peter Mirabella our membership officer
. Cheers

Last edited by Redrum; 20-06-2009 at 12:01 PM.
orsm8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #5
Eevil8

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsm8
Yep sure do just need to contact Peter Mirabella our membership officer on 0408140325. Cheers
Hello all, I am the one Gaela met in Kilmore. I drive a 2003 BA XR8 it has Full s/s exhaust and headers with quad back, cams & verniers, stealth tune, Herrod cold air intake, underdrives, camber kit, oil separator breather kit and billet oil pump gear. It is all done by Rob Herrod in Thomastown. The car also has a sunroof, herrod scuff plates, intake grill and race pedals. I haven't been involved with car club before but wouldn't mind getting out of the house on a weekend and meet some new people. I will ring Peter over the weekend and organize hopefully joining up with the club. Have a good day Alan
Eevil8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevil8
Hello all, I am the one Gaela met in Kilmore. I drive a 2003 BA XR8 it has Full s/s exhaust and headers with quad back, cams & verniers, stealth tune, Herrod cold air intake, underdrives, camber kit, oil separator breather kit and billet oil pump gear. It is all done by Rob Herrod in Thomastown. The car also has a sunroof, herrod scuff plates, intake grill and race pedals. I haven't been involved with car club before but wouldn't mind getting out of the house on a weekend and meet some new people. I will ring Peter over the weekend and organize hopefully joining up with the club. Have a good day Alan
Sounds like you'll fit right in. Maybe you can hook up for the fun day at Winton at the start of the month. Be a good way to meet a few of the members. Any pics of the beast??

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
EXR8ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
ORSM6T
ORSM Ford Cruisers

It will be nice to meet you and your car mate . I think that another XR8 will be great for our club . : :
ORSM6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
Eevil8

G'day again, I am looking forward to a day at Winton and seeing a sea of Fords. There are pictures of my car on bseries.com.au listed under Eevil8 if anyone wants to have a look. Cheers
Old 09-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Good to meet u tonight Allan ,, welcome and you will have a ball with us man :
cheers tony
Old 09-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

Sorry I didnt really introduce myself at winton. I didn't know it was you. I thought it was one of Glenns castaway's :

Well Allan, Im James ORSM-XT
Old 09-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
Eevil8

Thanks for the warm welcome guys looking forward to a cruise or a show & shine soon. Hopefully I get my car back today!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Welcome Allan, good to meet you the other night mate. You sure have a good sense for humor :hihi: and drive a nice car, so you fit right in with the rest of us. :thebirds: Love the Narooma Blue, such a nice color

Cheers,
Bud

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post