Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Another Bloody Idiot!

Just finished reading this WTF!!!! 180 in an 80 zone in an unroadworthy car. This guy is not far away from receiving his Darwin award that's for sure. Wonder what the cop said when he finally stopped him??? Also no mention of instant loss of licence either.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1225940209722

Also the first two cars were crushed from serial offenders last week in Adelaide, guess what they were, a Pintara and a Cressida.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1225939395167

Seems like the message is still not getting through or is it??? They are now taking to the streets in shlt boxes now so they now don't car if it gets crushed.

Bud Bud

Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car was unroadworthy......

Media like to beat things up.

Was it unroadworty because it had bald tyres, dead shocks, no brakes and a broken windscreen or was it unroadworthy because it had a blown high beam bulb or a crappy windscreen wiper blade on the passenger side?

180 in an 80 is still silly but that report had all the buzz words e.g. P Plate, unroadworthy, defected, impounded......

All they needed was "Hoon" to have the complete set.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Media

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
craigxr8

The guy doing 180 was in a Nissan 300zx i believe. Was on the news last night
craigxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Unroadworthy = 98MM off the deck but sounds better and will sell more papers *yawn*

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Car was unroadworthy......

Media like to beat things up.

Was it unroadworty because it had bald tyres, dead shocks, no brakes and a broken windscreen or was it unroadworthy because it had a blown high beam bulb or a crappy windscreen wiper blade on the passenger side?

180 in an 80 is still silly but that report had all the buzz words e.g. P Plate, unroadworthy, defected, impounded......

All they needed was "Hoon" to have the complete set.
Agreed , i did something very stupid last year and i lost my licence for 6 months because of it ....
Did i make front page of the local paper .... NO ... because i admitted my mistake , it was very late at night on a dual carriageway with no traffic and perhaps i was unlucky?

Maybe i was extremely fortunate i got caught because it was the very wake up call that i needed....

Police are not out there to bust our balls because the local servo has run out of donuts ?

They just get sick of attending horrific accident scenes.. my spirited driving has continued , just not on the streets - ive joined some clubs and now attend Drift nights at Archerfield.

I was alone that night and nobody was involved , but i realise now if anything had gone wrong i wouldn't be around to worry about it and these guys and girls will continue to live with the memories of my stupidity ..

Media beat up or not we've all done it , only now we hide behind keyboards and cuss those who havn't learned.. ive learnt ... the hard way !

Daz...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post