Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #61
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennXRT
hmm.. you people seem to be getting awfully annoyed at BOFB but i'm pretty sure even some of the members from this forum would want to buy MKII GT-P rims and would be frustrated if they weren't available.
I wouldn't say no if I had a Falcon, but he was totally able to the first time around so there's no dramas there and a minor, but understandable delay (he mentioned Christmas was in the middle, FPV are closed over Christmas like everyone else). It's only when you start something like he did that you understandibly get delays.
Old 26-05-2005, 02:31 PM   #62
GT-E

I think this thread has spoken, we know now that its a SCAM and you got what you deserved. :
I think you may also find that this will be a very expensive learning experience as you have NO CHANCE selling your car without wheels for $69,500.
I read your ad in UA and thought that the wheels must have been stolen, I am just glad that I know the truth now.
I fully support FPV on not wanting to sell you any more wheels.
Buying one set is ok, 2 is pushing it and any more is deceptive behaviour and deserves the comments made by the vocal majority.
So in 2 posts you have managed to clear the air on what the truth is and also drag your business through the mud.
Well done :togo:
GT-E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #63
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
BOFB
I personally hope you never get any wheels! : FPV do not supply wheels without a VIN for a very good reason, to keep them exclusive. The fact that you have bought a GTP does not give you the right to circumvent this policy, as you are assisting lowering the exclusiveness of the GTP for you fellow GTP owners : . The fact that FPV go to these levels to keep them exclusive has in this case lined your pockets, I bet you charged a packet for them (both sets). Kind of like drugs, if they weren't illegal and hard to get, would they be as expensive.
I believe FPV should have the policy that if you need new wheels, then yu have to return the damaged one and in the case of stolen wheel, produce the police report (a false police report is illegal so get around that). I just hope that you lose the profits that you have made in the sale of your car, that would be justice.
By the way, before you reply to this, I suggest you remember that you are unlikely to get much support on this forum.
EGGF%^KNSACTLY,mate i hope you never get another set. :jab:

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #64
MAD
Petro-sexual

I reckon we should take out an ad, to be placed just under BOFB's, that tells the real story about this tool.

Its obvious that he made the ad to look like the wheels were stolen, why else would you put a GT-P up on BRICKS!!! unless of course you were a braindead f**knut.
As the owner of wheelking I'm sure there would be $100 available to get a set of jack stands. So I guess that decides which category BOFB fits into.

I hope he doesnt sell it by october, re-sale should fall quite a bit around that time of year ;p ;p

Last edited by MAD; 26-05-2005 at 03:22 PM.
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 03:24 PM   #65
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Isn't it a pity there's always some in each industry which are crooks !!!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #66
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I second the idea of that ad!!!!!
Old 26-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #67
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Having dealt with this trader before I can only sit back and laugh as his childish scheme has backfired on him and will most likely only harm his businesses reputation. : : : He obviously wasn't thinking too clearly when he placed that add.

I also applaude fpv for seeing through this.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4

Last edited by Noddy; 26-05-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #68
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Cheers to FPV for trying to maintain exclusivity of their cars. Customers pay the big money for them and deserve the right to feel special about their purchase, instead of being ****ed off to see an XT cruising past their GTP with the exact same rims they forked out $70 odd k for.
As for you Wheel King, i'm glad to see your little scam has bitten you in the ****, especially the way you dragged FPV through the mud just because you are a greedy ***** who didn't get your way. Go back and join all the other tossers at HSV.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #69
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeez from the response here anyone would think the dude killed someone lol
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #70
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
other tossers at HSV.
Ive seen this a quite a bit around the forums.... i dont see whats the problem with HSVs? Seriously, they arent that bad of a car. I love FPV and HSV... both are great in my mind...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #71
RATT

You have a good point there Teki.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #72
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Ive seen this a quite a bit around the forums.... i dont see whats the problem with HSVs? Seriously, they arent that bad of a car. I love FPV and HSV... both are great in my mind...
I think its just the anger this ****er has caused everyone to feel...and the fact that he keeps saying how much better than FPV HSV is....
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #73
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Ive seen this a quite a bit around the forums.... i dont see whats the problem with HSVs? Seriously, they arent that bad of a car.
Yep love my HSVs. They wouldnt be still selling if they werent. They sort of started the whole beefier car thing in oz. If it werent for them guarenteed there wouldnt be an FPV.
Old 26-05-2005, 09:46 PM   #74
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe we should also let HSV know he's scamming them....just incase they didn't know!?

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #75
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 10:35 PM   #76
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL GOLD!!
Old 26-05-2005, 11:54 PM   #77
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Might be needin some new wheels on that F-Series there BOFB. See if you can buy another one from Ford...
Old 26-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #78
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Might be needin some new wheels on that F-Series there BOFB. See if you can buy another one from Ford...
Hahahha. Burnt!
Old 27-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #79
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

LMAO!!!! I guess he wont be delivering wheels for a while... byebye business for WheelKing

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:36 AM   #80
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

When I first seen the ad on the net I felt sorry for you. Now all I can say is sucked in and I hope FPV don't give you any wheels at all.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #81
MAD
Petro-sexual

Does anyone know the page number that the AD is on?
Old 27-05-2005, 05:25 PM   #82
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

As far as I'm concerned, the only person/persons doing anything illegal is BOFB. He's requesting replacement wheels under fraudulent circumstances.

Is that not theft or fraud, or a combination of both? Were I FPV, I would sue him for the sets he's already claimed, or if I was really feeling malicious, send him just ONE GT rim... Try selling that to someone you git.

Last edited by MeestaNob!; 27-05-2005 at 05:29 PM.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #83
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFB
I
I sold the wheels that came with the vehicle the same day I took delivery around December 20 2004. I ordered another set and did not get a full set until January 12 2005. Effectively it took over 3 weeks to get a replacement set. What if it was you that purchased the vehicle and your wheels through no fault of your own were damaged or stolen. Would you appreciate waiting 3 weeks plus over the Christmas break for your replacement wheels?

Hey I know where that first set of wheels is................ there in my garage on my pursuit

I want to thank you for supplying me with the wheels even though the ford dealer spare parts did not even have part numbers or realise the GTP's had 19" rims on them.

I tried to get the car delivered from FPV with the wheels in it, but they would not help out, but I wanted to keep ford factory wheels on it as i have had problems in the past with aftermarket wheels being softer than the ADR approved wheels.

I'm not concerened with it not being original for my car, because I think it looks a hell of a lot better, so good in fact, that FPV have copied me, but vall it a super pursuit ;)

But once again, thanks for supplying me with the wheels

Now if you get real desperate I may sell them back to you for a tidy profit and I know they will fit your car perefectly.........nah just joking, they look too good on my ute

ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 09:57 PM   #84
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Just a question on originallity, how many XR's have you seen with Gt stripes or bonnet badges, how many XR6's with either turbo badges or bonnet bulges?

I don't have a problem with him selling the wheels, if he's claiming to FPV they have been stolen............well that's a different story.
I'm sure the FPV wheels only make up a small perecentage of his buissness, so it wont send him broke, but if he didn't do it soembody else would, it's all about supply and demand and isn't that what buissness is about.

The add maybe misleading, but still doesn't mean his buissness is corrupt.
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #85
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yep love my HSVs. They wouldnt be still selling if they werent. They sort of started the whole beefier car thing in oz. If it werent for them guarenteed there wouldnt be an FPV.
Ford started the whole beefier car thing in Oz back in 67 with the XR GT. If it wasn't for the brilliant thinking of Bill Bourke we may not have even had a muscle car range in Oz at all.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 12:44 AM   #86
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Just a question on originallity, how many XR's have you seen with Gt stripes or bonnet badges, how many XR6's with either turbo badges or bonnet bulges?

I don't have a problem with him selling the wheels, if he's claiming to FPV they have been stolen............well that's a different story.
I'm sure the FPV wheels only make up a small perecentage of his buissness, so it wont send him broke, but if he didn't do it soembody else would, it's all about supply and demand and isn't that what buissness is about.

The add maybe misleading, but still doesn't mean his buissness is corrupt.
if his business loses some profit will be because a shit load of members on this site will refuse to hand their cash over to him. they'll go elsewhere
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 02:19 AM   #87
rick69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ford started the whole beefier car thing in Oz back in 67 with the XR GT. If it wasn't for the brilliant thinking of Bill Bourke we may not have even had a muscle car range in Oz at all.
Well if Holden didn't start mass producing cars in Australia in 1948 we would probably have no Aussie made cars at all
rick69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 02:26 AM   #88
oldracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick69
Well if Holden didn't start mass producing cars in Australia in 1948 we would probably have no Aussie made cars at all
well at this time of night someones got to do it, you've got to be gaggin me, if Henry didn't do it back in the early 1900's ya tossa, ya wouldn't have ya lovely holdens, don't start that, go back to your holden forums and leave us in peace
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 02:48 AM   #89
Thornie
Off smelting

BOFB would you like to buy a set of GT-P wheels I have a spare set in my shed pm me
you look liek you need them.

must suck having a GT-P there and not being able to drive it i bet all the neighbours think your a povvo because your nice car is sitting on blocks
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 02:54 AM   #90
rick69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldracer
well at this time of night someones got to do it, you've got to be gaggin me, if Henry didn't do it back in the early 1900's ya tossa, ya wouldn't have ya lovely holdens, don't start that, go back to your holden forums and leave us in peace
Geez, some people can't even handle some light hearted humour, I WAS BEING SARCASTIC, does this mean anything to you?
I am quite free to be here and post what I like. I respect the decent people on here and enjoy being here, but people with appalling attitudes like yours only tarnish the image of these forums and ford fans in general and make me not want to come back here. So why don't YOU go back to wherever you came from YOU TOSSER.
rick69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post