Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-12-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
newcarbuyer

Default Focus LS LX and 17" rims

Hi guys (first post so be gentle).
I am looking at getting the Focus LS LX and perhaps splashing out and getting the optional 17" rims. I notice that tyres arent included in the $1000 cost. Thats no biggy as I would prefer to choose my own tyres. My question is - do I ge to keep the origonal 16" rims and tyres that came standard - I would much prefer the dealer to keep them but only charge me whatever the difference is between the 16" with tyres and the 17" rims.
Any ideas on this ?

newcarbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
WASP
Whipple Induced

Welcome to the forum. If you option the 17" Zetec wheels from factory then no, the $1000 is a change over price. If you order your car standard and then have the dealer fit the 17" wheels for you then they (the dealer) may beable to do somthing for you in terms of offsetting the cost a little. Only thing I'm not sure of is the cost of the 17" wheels if you buy them as a separate item (not optioned from factory). Best to confirm that with your dealer.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
newcarbuyer

Cheers - thanks for that - makes sense to order it with the 17" rims then even if I cant choose the tyres.
newcarbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The 17" rims are dealer fit option only and for $1000 you get alloys only, but on the upside you get your old rims neways so you could trade them in on new tyres!

You cannot order them from Factory.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
The 17" rims are dealer fit option only and for $1000 you get alloys only, but on the upside you get your old rims neways so you could trade them in on new tyres!

You cannot order them from Factory.
Well there you go. He's ordering an LX, not the base model which my dealer told me had a factory option of the 17" wheels. Obviously he was wrong, but it was very early in the model cycle when I ordered the Zetec. Even the dealers weren't sure what was standard or optional.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:16 PM   #6
BlackLS

I'd keep the stockie 16's (they are still great with grip and don't look to bad)

If you really want some 17"s, look to the aftermarket. At least it'll look different to every other Zetec

(BTW this is what I will be doing)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Well there you go. He's ordering an LX, not the base model which my dealer told me had a factory option of the 17" wheels. Obviously he was wrong, but it was very early in the model cycle when I ordered the Zetec. Even the dealers weren't sure what was standard or optional.
Yeh we couldnt order our base model with factory 17s! I went through hell to get them to coz they dealer wasnt interested in putting tyres on them!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post