Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default New Warranty and Service Manual for LS Focus owners

Up until a certain date (early build models) there should be a new Warranty and Service manual arrive for these affected vehicled in the next few days. We got ours today, the only difference is something to do with the schedule servicing being 12 months rather then 6 months. Neways thought id post on here!

Ours is a July Build so the newer ones may not be affected.

Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
omg

Got mine yesterday as well, about time vehicles sold in australia were put on the same service schedule as those sold overseas.
omg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

omg Ford have had range-wide 12 month/15,000km servicing intervals for years. Old Model Focus had it from day one, as has the new one. It would be simply nothing more than a printing error.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:49 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
omg Ford have had range-wide 12 month/15,000km servicing intervals for years. Old Model Focus had it from day one, as has the new one. It would be simply nothing more than a printing error.
Lol i know!

I only posted this so customers actually know that it is 12 months, not the 6 months in the old manual incase anyone gets missed out..

I was suprised it actually come, i got 2 letters from ford today and they were both postive, one costing them $7000
Old 08-12-2005, 11:18 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Please explain...
Old 09-12-2005, 12:07 AM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on MSN!
Old 09-12-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I figured it was a printing error as the lease I was on certainly wasn't pricing in 6 monthly services. Interestingly the mazda 3 had double the servicing costs and still had 6 month/10k services when I last checked even though in other countries it was a longer schedule. We've seen this on a number of cars sold here which is where I was coming from, thumbs up to ford for not gouging us like a number of other manufacturers then
omg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It is great, justo nce a year or every 15,000km. Not bad prices either, although more than $1 is a pain, it's at least nothing like the Peugeot/VW style of $800 a pop for a major.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #9
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
I only posted this so customers actually know that it is 12 months, not the 6 months in the old manual incase anyone gets missed out..
That's great news. The fine print on the 2 years of extra warranty that the dealer threw in when I bought mine says that in order to get the extra 2 years, all servicing from Day 1 has to be as per the handbook schedule. Mine is a June build, and the (original) handbook says 12 months in some places and 6 months in others, so I was getting ready to argue the toss for 12 month intervals!

Anyway, I'm thinking it might be an idea to change the oil every 6 months. I know that some people reckon that's well worthwhile on new engines, but it's probably something you can never prove. On the other hand, I'm already thinking twice about spending any more money than necessary on the assumption that I need to start saving for a $35K (believe it when I see it) XR5.
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #10
guym

Interesting that the hand book says 1 year or 15,000 klms but the dealer still send reminders to get it done every 6 months. I know they want the business but would have a better chance of getting it if the actually looked as if they knew what they were talking about. To suggest more servicing that is actually required and recommended just looks either greedy or just don't have a clue.
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post