Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-09-2005, 11:28 PM   #1
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Heavy duty clutch

Got my car back from the Ford dealer today. Was meant to get my cat replaced but as usual they ordered the wrong one. Also they told me my clutch is apprently on its way out. I was wondering if anyone has had a heavy duty clutch installed in their focus (talking about a LR because if you got a LS and needed the clutch replaced already too many rev and dumps.) I was thinking that having a heavy duty clutch it would also last a bit longer because as my girlfriend puts it, im a "HOON" and a "SHOW OFF."

FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Crikey, My cat went within a week of my clutch.... I'm no hoon though but I think I was a little firm on it. This isn't the first dead clutch on the forums.

Mine's a Ford Service Demo, to show everything that can go wrong with a car and how it can be fixed. Had premature Front Discs, Full set of pads, dead cat converter, premature clutch, replaced boot struts (now gone a second time and due for a visit to Ford), Fuel Sender failed, then there's the famous engine braking issue. Going to fix that one myself by replacing my ICV - Idle Control Valve.

Still love it and refuse to let anything get between me and my Zetec.

It's like a high maintenance hot girlfriend. Curvy as, pulls the looks, costs a bit too much and likes to drink a lot, but at the end of the day I'd rather a hot girl who costs me than one who's plain as a fridge wearing a cardigan and can't even get me excited... py:
Old 03-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #3
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
then there's the famous engine braking issue. Going to fix that one myself by replacing my ICV - Idle Control Valve.
Whats this engine braking issue you talk bout? sorry to go off topic
Old 03-10-2005, 02:56 AM   #4
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

I too would be interested in finding a heavier duty clutch. Ive only done 22000km, and i can feel the clutch picking up significantly higher than normal. Mind you i had a Learner (my sister) learn to drive in the car for a year. And she still drives it every now and again on her P's.

My dad thought hed save some money on lessons, wait till he finds out how much it'll cost to replace the clutch..... lol... big saving

Tom
Old 03-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #5
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Matt, how much did the new clutch set you back if you dont mind me asking

Cheers Adam
Old 03-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Let's just say retail with labour easily is on the ugly side of $1,000. I can't reveal my price - employee pricing. Still wasn't exactly cheap though!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:48 PM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Matt of course you can reveal your employee pricing, I get it too you know. Air International is a 1st teir supplier to Ford :
Old 04-10-2005, 12:42 AM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Not on a public forum chief!
Old 04-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #9
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well contacted Infocus Motorsport, I got these prices for the clutches

The Centreforce clutch is $595

Xtreme clutch, which is $550

The race clutch comes as a complete kit with a lightened flywheel. This clutch will handle 300whp. It is $1480

Dunno what to do....shop around first I know that _2:
Old 19-12-2005, 08:30 PM   #10
simonr
Focus Rookie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AFSEL%3AUS%3A1