Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
newcarbuyer

Default LS Focus accessories pics please

Still not sure whether to go for the Zetec over the LX (must admit finding it hard to justify the extra $2500. The bodykit is nice but I dont think it improves the overall look that much (compared to other cars) - that might say more about how good the basic focus shape is. The 17" rims are nice but I am sure I can find better looking ones later on. The suspension might be interesting - hopefully I will be going for a test drive soon. However I am digressing...

No matter which model I go for - I will be looking at getting the sports gear knob (manual of course), the Alloy Pedal Pads, Handbrake cover and scuff plates. Does anyone have any pics of these. Also what are your thoughts on these accessories and should I be paying the sticker price for these add ons?

Cheers

P.S.
Reading this forum is becoming addictive

newcarbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
Mess

Well mate we got the LX I don't regret it. I can still do about 80 through 35 posted corners on the mountain roads, so the handling is sensational as standard.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #3
Forest Bear

Well I bought the Zetec because I can't be bothered with the time and expense of adding stuff later.

Of the current range, the Zetec is the best looking. To be honest the rest of the range is just plain awefully BLAND. This is the CL and LX big weakness. Not only that but the plastic of the interior in the CL is just terrible. The hatch body is fine but the sedan, like the previous model, still looks convential and boring. The Focus is in the premium medium-small car class where looks and desirability count heavily with purchasers. If the Astra 3 door coupe had a bigger engine I would've bought the Astra in a blink.

As for accessories, get the scuff plates. They are worth it. They look very nice and make the car classy.

Photos..

http://milkthesystem.gallery.netspace.net.au/
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 12:21 AM   #4
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
Well mate we got the LX I don't regret it. I can still do about 80 through 35 posted corners on the mountain roads, so the handling is sensational as standard.

So true. I recon the Zetec lowering is only for looks, i mean it only drops it 2 or 3 cm. If you want an even better handling Focus go aftermarket, Eibach springs. I'm another LX owner and its fun doing over double the advisory corner speed.
Old 13-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #5
newcarbuyer

Thanks for the pics Forest Bear.
By the sounds of it I wont be disappointed with the LX. The proof will be in the pudding when I get the chance to take one for a test drive.
On a side note - what sort of kms are people getting from the stock standard 17" tyres - assuming you got the 17" rims.

Cheers
Old 15-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
newcarbuyer

Bump! Any pics anyone?
Old 15-12-2005, 12:37 PM   #7
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcarbuyer
Thanks for the pics Forest Bear.
By the sounds of it I wont be disappointed with the LX. The proof will be in the pudding when I get the chance to take one for a test drive.
On a side note - what sort of kms are people getting from the stock standard 17" tyres - assuming you got the 17" rims.

Cheers

I don't think that anyone has done that many kms to tell you quite honestly. By the way you have to buy your own tyres to put on the 17s, if optioned on a non Zetec.
Old 15-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #8
MikGan

How do those scuff pads attach? was looking at them and thinking if its one of those things Im gonna have to take it in for..... grrrr.

But they do look the park!
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
WASP
Whipple Induced

I have a titanium Zetec with alloy scuff plates, alloys sport gear knob, dark tint and teflon coating. The LX looks ok, but in this colour I think the Zetec with the dark surround headlights, body kit, 17" wheels and lower suspension is well worth the money. Zetec handling is sensational but I have not driven a LX to compare. You would have to say the the lower ride height would give the Zetec a marginal stability advantage but I doubt there is a lot in it. I would also imagine when it comes to resale the Zetec may be easier to offload.
Old 15-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #10
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I have a titanium Zetec with alloy scuff plates, alloys sport gear knob, dark tint and teflon coating. The LX looks ok, but in this colour I think the Zetec with the dark surround headlights, body kit, 17" wheels and lower suspension is well worth the money. Zetec handling is sensational but I have not driven a LX to compare. You would have to say the the lower ride height would give the Zetec a marginal stability advantage but I doubt there is a lot in it. I would also imagine when it comes to resale the Zetec may be easier to offload.

Would you be able to take and post some closeup pics of the Zetec headlights with the lights off
Old 15-12-2005, 04:08 PM   #11
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Would you be able to take and post some closeup pics of the Zetec headlights with the lights off
I don't have the car with me (partner has it) to take another shot, but below is another which shows the headlights better.(the bow was due to the car being a birthday present..lol)
Old 15-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #12
BlackLS

Thanks for that.
Old 15-12-2005, 05:33 PM   #13
newcarbuyer

CDAA - any chance of some scuff plates and gear knob pics. Also was there any reason why you didnt go for the alloy pedals?.
The car looks great BTW even with the bow

Cheers
Old 15-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #14
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcarbuyer
CDAA - any chance of some scuff plates and gear knob pics. Also was there any reason why you didnt go for the alloy pedals?.
The car looks great BTW even with the bow

Cheers
The pictures below are the best I can do for now. Sorry, they don't really reflect how nice these items really are. There are rear alloy scuff plates as well, but not pictured here. They really lift the inside appearence when you open the car doors. I didn't get the alloys pedals because at the time they weren't available. Not sure if they are now.

Old 15-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #15
newcarbuyer

Great - thkanks - they sure do set the car off
Old 16-12-2005, 02:23 AM   #16
Parasite

If you are not sure if the Zetec is worth it...at least it is not hard to convert it into one if you wanted later one. Aftermarket springs will also be lower.

That said for the extra bits you get the Zetec I think it is worth the money as well. I think you would find it hard to fit lowered springs, paint and fit a bodykit and get 17" rims and tyres for $2500 aftermarket. Are there any other differences apart from seat fabric - the Ford website says something about sports instrumentation?? Anyone got a pic of the difference?

IMO I think the hatch looks fine without the bodykit, but the sedan needs it.

Try to find some 17" you like (and can fit the car obviously) before you start negotiating and get the dealer to change them over for you at minimal cost. They will likely have access to these things at trade prices at a guess.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 10:16 AM   #17
Forest Bear

With Zetec you also get an underbody cover which covers the front engine bay. A good idea since the Zetec sits lower. The other models don't have it and thats bad because you'll notice the belts are exposed to muck.

Its also got better materials for door trims and plastic inside the cabin.
Old 16-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #18
MikGan

okay... so how do the scuff pads attach? I see they go under the trim but can the trims be lifted easily? I dont see any screws there.
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #19
Forest Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikGan
okay... so how do the scuff pads attach? I see they go under the trim but can the trims be lifted easily? I dont see any screws there.
Its stuck by adhesive backing. Like the ones used for badges. Its quite strong and it won't come off.
Old 16-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #20
zetec
Zoom Zoom

the old 3M double sided. Sticks like the proverbial to a blanket.