Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2022, 06:10 PM   #31
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: List of Ford of Australia Presidents since 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Yes, the diesel Territory was cancelled under his watch. Geoff Polites was quoted before his passing that he was furious over that decision.
Apparently on returning to Australia for a funeral things got a little heated at the wake where the diesel Terry cancellation was brought up.

I have to confess to something, there was one month in 2003 when BA overtook the Commodore for sales and I was driving in Brighton and stopped at the intersection with Nepean Highway. I suddenly noticed to my right the passenger sitting in lhs front seat of a Caprice was none other than Peter Hanenberger, Holden's Chair and MD....I reached across the seat and grabbed a newspaper article I had just read with pride.. and held it up against my window so he could see the headline....I think he retired at the end of that year as well.
Then that weekend my golden retriever almost tripped up a man jogging along the beach...it was GP...how's that for a double...

https://www.theage.com.au/national/f...04-gdwh1u.html

Falcon outsells Commodore
October 4, 2003 — 12.54am

A year after its launch, Ford's BA Falcon has knocked the Holden Commodore off its perch.

According to the official sales figures for September, the Falcon finally outsold its Holden rival.

The result ended the Commodore's reign of more than 70 straight months as Australia's top selling car.

The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI) said Ford sold 7,409 Falcons last month, just 48 more than the 7,361 Commodore's retailed by Holden.

However, on a year-to-date-basis, the Commodore was still clearly ahead, 64,906 compared to 55,489.

Ford President Geoff Polites said it was the best Falcon result since March, 1996 and a 100 per cent improvement on Falcon sales from September, 2002.

"One year after launch, the BA Falcon was September's biggest selling car in Australia," Mr Polites said.

"That excellent result is validation of the hard work by everyone at Ford to deliver a car the Australian market wanted."
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2023, 08:53 PM   #32
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Geoff Polites on the other hand made the Falcon desirable again. If BA didn't fire the way it did, I doubt that FG would have happened. Geoff gave the Ford faithful what they wanted, be that the power, be that styling, be that wild colours, be that success on the racetrack again. He made sure that the Falcon was a car that people wanted and could be proud they owned.

Geoff was the right man for the job after the AU debacle. He knew the customer and knew the product they wanted. After he was moved it was all downhill for the Falcon.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2023, 03:40 PM   #33
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Kay Hart has just been appointed president of international market group, of which ford australia reports to / falls under. Her previous experience in australia/nz and alliances with thailand etc will be valuable in this role.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2023, 05:44 PM   #34
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was reading an old Wheels mag and saw this article of, who I think, is a true Ford Australia hero and legend. Some may find it interesting looking back- was published 2001.

2 users like this post: