Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #31
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Well, It's almost like another miniature build thread in here, with semi-regular updates on the progress of this Kenne Bell beast

Today the record for a manual trans Modular/Boss was reset, with the AU taking the record from the Yella Terra powered Ute of Kev's, and returning it to it's rightful home over in the Blue(power) corner.

Kev's 11.3 timeslip was run in his ute a while back, with slicks and frontrunners, while the AU was run in full street trim with the exception of a pair of M/T ET Streets, and weighing in at an all up 4400 lbs:

1st Pass: 11.04 @ 132.4 mph
2nd Pass: 10.98 @ 130.2 mph

I got my 10 second slip, so I parked the car and called it a day..... it's my daily after all!

Big props to XFT, Bluepower, and those badass'es at Kenne Bell................ Mike, Jim - you have made me a happy man!

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #32
Des Flurane

Nice work to all.
Fantastic daily driver.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #33
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Great result Daniel, awesome stuff on a street car!!!

I cant wait to let mike know, he will be thrilled.

Glad your happy.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #34
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Jesus Daniel, that's an incredible time to set in your street car mate, I'm simply stunned. Hahaha, is that fast enough mate?

I'd love to read about this car on a circuit, to me, that's the ultimate test of an all purpose car, one that goes hard, brakes hard and corners like a good thing.

10 second pass, bloody hell. And you take it down the shops, on cruises, and back and forth to work. Stunning effort.

Awsome package. Next I'll be reading about your success on the show scene, your punishing victories in the burn out comps, and the record for the fastest top speed in a Falcon.

Thats it mate!

Reclaim the title back from the APS XR6T..... what that set????.... I think 307kmph.

Lets see what that Mammoth powered modular beast will wind out to - if given the chance... is there anywhere up in WA you could get enough (safe) road/ air field / salt lake to try?????

Again Dan, well done mate.

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #35
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

Reclaim the title back from the APS XR6T..... what that set????.... I think 307kmph.

Lets see what that Mammoth powered modular beast will wind out to - if given the chance... is there anywhere up in WA you could get enough (safe) road/ air field / salt lake to try?????
I know a section out on the great northern hwy.. : oh thats just silly talk
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #36
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Dont get me started you two!

Tex, the car holds its own on a track, the rear end is a little soft and needs the factory anti roll bar replaced with something stiffer. When we were at Collie (neither of us had even been there before) a couple of weeks ago, it took me 4 hot laps to equal the lap time that my old man needed 21 to achieve. His is a 340rwkw Nizpro kitted F6 with the same brakes.

Daniel
Old 28-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #37
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Just a quick note in the BPR sponsor room for my part.

Arrived in Melbourne yesterday lunchtime after being on the road for 53.5 hours and 3,450kms. Chris and Theo's hospitality was exceptional as the guys rolled out the red carpet for me, assisting me with unloading the car off the truck, feeding me and giving me enough shed space to park all my gear up. Still have a day to get ready for Heathcote, but have now found out that my triple plate clutch will not be ready in time. On a positive note, the car is just as fast in Melbourne as it is in Perth :

Cant wait to get up to the track tomorrow and spend some time meeting some AFF "characters"

Again, thanks to the guys at BPR for the support and assistance.

Daniel
Old 28-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #38
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Did Chris make you one of his Coffee's?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #39
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Affirmative, but I have made each successive one :

Daniel
Old 28-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #40
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Affirmative, but I have made each successive one :

Daniel
Bah, that matters not. They taste good, are free and they're bloody simple.

Chris is on a winner with them, that's the only reason I actually go there
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #41
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Update in the aftermath of the HPR drag nationals, the car ran a PB of 10.78 @ 135.79 last night in the midst of a deteriorating clutch situation. Only got one decent run in today with a 10.9 @ 136.97 showing the Kenne Bell power rising to the forefront again. There was only two other cars at the meet trapping higher speeds, with both of those running in the nines (and an eight!)

Once I get a decent clutch we will see some more movement.

Daniel