Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 14-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 
Default Kenne Bell is swell

Well, after a few months of fitting and modifing, the KB 2.8H Mammoth kit has finally struck a blow on my project car (TerminatorS).

With only 4.6L and factory headers, the odds were stacked against us, but the Kenne Bell product has come shining through, with 488rwkw recorded.

Now there is certainly more in it, with the car having been retuned ....................... because even with 6 runs spread over less than 20 minutes, 467rwkw is the lowest number we saw. Over 500 is a sure thing on a cooler run with no heat soak.

A big thanks to Chris, Paul and Theo at Bluepower for organising the kit and supporting my custom endeavour through the initial stages.

Further thanks go to Simon at Xtreme Ford Tuning here in Perth for all the hard work, patience and problem solving that has been put in over the last week.

And finally, of course, Those badasses at Kenne Bell. Their passion for all things fast has given me the car I have always wanted.

Thanks Bluepower!

Daniel

CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Well, after a few months of fitting and modifing, the KB 2.8H Mammoth kit has finally struck a blow on my project car (TerminatorS).

With only 4.6L and factory headers, the odds were stacked against us, but the Kenne Bell product has come shining through, with 488rwkw recorded.

Now there is certainly more in it, with the car having been retuned ....................... because even with 6 runs spread over less than 20 minutes, 467rwkw is the lowest number we saw. Over 500 is a sure thing on a cooler run with no heat soak.

A big thanks to Chris, Paul and Theo at Bluepower for organising the kit and supporting my custom endeavour through the initial stages.

Further thanks go to Simon at Xtreme Ford Tuning here in Perth for all the hard work, patience and problem solving that has been put in over the last week.

And finally, of course, Those badasses at Kenne Bell. Their passion for all things fast has given me the car I have always wanted.

Thanks Bluepower!

Daniel
Amazing power.. when are these soft c*** at BPR going to match that number in chris's Pursuit :Up_to_som

Just amazing.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

he has :Up_to_som

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

god damn it, a measley little 350rwkw would do me.

Love your style Daniel, that's some monstrous power your making there.

Can you use much of that power in the first couple of gears mate?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Welcome to the Family Daniel.......... Thanks for the ride mate, AWSOME TS dude.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
Welcome to the Family Daniel.......... Thanks for the ride mate, AWSOME TS dude.
It's good to a part of the "Bluepower" family JB, nothing beats the feeling of a twinscrew Modular that has just had the pedal flattened, and they don't come any badder than the KB product.

Daniel
Old 15-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

I think we need better health insurance. I could not walk Tues night. I think you put my back out when you leaned on second gear.
I am going out with sympathy for Nick. Crawling around my office at the moment..lol

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Old 15-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
god damn it, a measley little 350rwkw would do me.

Love your style Daniel, that's some monstrous power your making there.

Can you use much of that power in the first couple of gears mate?
Hey Tex, I dont think any of Chris's Blown family can use 1st or 2nd gear any more mate....hahaha

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 15-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
...........I could not walk Tues night. I think you put my back out when you leaned on second gear.......
I love it when you talk dirty!
Old 15-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Just glad we could help Daniel, it is truly an amazing product that Kenne Bell produce.

Enjoy your car safely please Dan,

BPR

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crazy power fellas, got me stumped what your going to do with it on the street, tyre smoke anyone.

Well done to all involved.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #12
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Crazy power fellas, got me stumped what your going to do with it on the street, tyre smoke anyone.

Well done to all involved.
Now that the tyres have cleaned up post-dyno, it is hooking second really nicely.

50kmh to the top of third is just insane with full traction.

Daniel
Old 15-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #13
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Daniel, can you do you best to get a 80 - 120kmph 3rd gear split? And maybe 4th?

Will be interesting to compare to some other 'performance' car times.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
Paul@eliteauto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done boys.

Cheers Paul
BF Typhoon 359.5rwkw 11.10@125.8 MPH Sold
FG F6 400rwkw 10.86@131MPH Sold
FG GT MK 11 Streetfighter 430 rwkw
Fords are a lifestyle _2:
Paul@eliteauto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #15
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

I really need to win the lottery. A KB would be sick but alas I need to eat and Chris reckons I'd loose my licence within 2 mins of driving out the door anyway.lol Top stuff. That much curry (especially if you can get it to the ground) would be awesome. Envious...?? a little...OK VERY!

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
EXR8ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #16
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Great stuff Daniel - the KB 2.8 looks and sounds awesome! Bring on the 500's!!

Cheers
Paul.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #17
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Now that the tyres have cleaned up post-dyno, it is hooking second really nicely.

50kmh to the top of third is just insane with full traction.

Daniel
AS I said Daniel, it must be crazy to drive, drove a blown GT with 440rwkw not long ago, the thing accelerated in 4th as hard as mine does in 2nd, was a handfull but copious amounts of fun though.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
AS I said Daniel, it must be crazy to drive, drove a blown GT with 440rwkw not long ago, the thing accelerated in 4th as hard as mine does in 2nd, was a handfull but copious amounts of fun though.
It is fun, and very addictive.

I have been getting around a bit in the car over the last few days, and the thing that really stands out is how easy the car is to drive at part throttle. I don't know if this is true of all 400+rwkw blown Modulars, or possibly because this car's throttle is cable control and not ETC, but keeping the car "in traction" is very easy to do with the right foot....... A lot easier than say, a 360rwkw/750rwnm F6 engine. To the point now where I can drive it hard in every gear and just modulate the pedal in first and (sometimes) second, while third feels exactly as second does with the extra traction. Once you get it into third and fourth, the R888's are still blacktracking but putting basically everything down.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have definatley done this years ago. The F6's were fun and cheaper to do.......

But this is a whole new ball game.

Daniel
Old 17-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
black mummba

wow well done mate deffinatly sounds like a hole lot of fun..
black mummba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
tweeked
N/A all the way

You guys are doing your best to cure me of my crazy NA sickness.

Those numbers are amazing. Well done.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #21
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
It is fun, and very addictive.

I have been getting around a bit in the car over the last few days, and the thing that really stands out is how easy the car is to drive at part throttle. I don't know if this is true of all 400+rwkw blown Modulars, or possibly because this car's throttle is cable control and not ETC, but keeping the car "in traction" is very easy to do with the right foot....... A lot easier than say, a 360rwkw/750rwnm F6 engine. To the point now where I can drive it hard in every gear and just modulate the pedal in first and (sometimes) second, while third feels exactly as second does with the extra traction. Once you get it into third and fourth, the R888's are still blacktracking but putting basically everything down.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have definatley done this years ago. The F6's were fun and cheaper to do.......

But this is a whole new ball game.

Daniel
Hi mate, you have to drive mine with wireless throttle and 400+. It is VERY easy to control the throttle and power. And part throttle is absolutely awsome. I very rarely touch the firewall with the right foot anymore.
Next time I see ya jump in mate.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 07-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #22
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quick update guys, The car has been back on the Dyno a couple of days ago with a fresh load of E85 fuel on board.

A little bit more timing and a lot more fuel has us at 523.4rwkw recorded on Xtreme's dyno. There is a couple of factors that make that a little more impressive:

1) The car is still running the factory Boss header primaries with a cut and shut 3 1/2" collector
2) The power was made at 5900rpm because we ran out of fuel. (Injectors were maxed by 4800rpm)
3) There is still more timing to be added to the tune.

I have ordered some larger injectors (120lb Lucas Low impedence) and a controller to get the fuel supply sorted, and then its time to see where this KB Mammoth kit can take us!

Daniel
Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #23
black mummba

that is such an unbeleivable figure considering it was mde at only 5900,well done mate awesome bit of gear ....keep us updated
black mummba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #24
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quick update guys, The car has been back on the Dyno a couple of days ago with a fresh load of E85 fuel on board.

A little bit more timing and a lot more fuel has us at 523.4rwkw recorded on Xtreme's dyno. There is a couple of factors that make that a little more impressive:

1) The car is still running the factory Boss header primaries with a cut and shut 3 1/2" collector
2) The power was made at 5900rpm because we ran out of fuel. (Injectors were maxed by 4800rpm)
3) There is still more timing to be added to the tune.

I have ordered some larger injectors (120lb Lucas Low impedence) and a controller to get the fuel supply sorted, and then its time to see where this KB Mammoth kit can take us!

Daniel
Very very impressive stuff. What psi are you running? Is the new figure an improved tune, or have you pumped more o2 into it?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #25
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just noticed you have been banned Daniel! Is this from breaking the 500 barrier?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #26
DBL15
love being blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSG6ET
Just noticed you have been banned Daniel! Is this from breaking the 500 barrier?
no that was from the Scotty ute rebuild thread thats got everyone pi$$ed about

but boy oh boy what a KB kit this is man drive lines must cop a flogging with these things

love the figures though well done mate : :
DBL15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #27
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSG6ET
Very very impressive stuff. What psi are you running? Is the new figure an improved tune, or have you pumped more o2 into it?
New figure is primarily down to the advantages of E85.

Boost?, around 20-21 down low, increasing at the end of the run because the KB Mammoth setup is designed to always maintain the same airflow with every turn of the blower, regardless of the engines rpm..... as the engine starts to run out of it's natural efficiency (head flow, exhaust flow and cam design) the boost will go up as the air "banks up" in the system.

Other kits on the market tend to starve off airflow at higher rpm, their intake's to the blower just cannot keep up the airflow to the engine in the higher rpm like this KB can. This will show up as a drop in boost in the higher rpm range.

And a subsequent drop in horsepower.

Daniel
Old 14-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #28
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Bit of an update, ran the car at the motorplex tonight:

One run, and one run only. They kicked me out until I get a licence, fit a 4 point harness and get tailshaft loops. (As if I'll put a harness in my TS!)

Very happy with the 11.50s ET (it was my FIRST ever run in a manual car at the drags by the way) and satisfied with the 2.1s 60' result considering the use of R888 semi-race rubber in leiu of the MT streets that would normally be fitted. The front half of the track was slow, the car hooked first gear off the line ok, but second was full of wheelspin, to the point where Simon's new ute was getting away from me. But once I grabbed third, the back half of the track disappeared pretty damn quick! 11.50 @ 131.4 mph is good, but I think with a bit of launch practice and better pedalling through second gear, a high 10 @ ~ 135mph is very achievable

A most enjoyable (short) night, and a big thanks to Simon for all his advice and help.

Daniel
Old 16-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #29
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Daniel, I will echo sentiments that I have passed forward in your build thread and XFT's section, Well done buddy, Im sure Mike and the boys at KB will be glad to hear you guys are having so much fun with the 2.8H.

Talk soon mate

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #30
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Thanks Chris, If you had not spent considerable time with me on the phone, we wouldnt be here having a good time!

Daniel