Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #31
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Chrysler 300 SRT8 production to finish up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
I wouldn't be too upset yet... the chrysler 300 gets its first major update this year, where i feel that u will see the 8speed appear in the 6.4litre 300... i dont think they will kill it off til the major refresh in 2018 of the 3 cars (charger, challenger and 300)

Also u may need to take notice that the new challanger does not have a "srt8" model, the top model is now called the "scat pack"

so the model may proceed, just with another name attached...

also i loved the charger, but the 2015 shape id F#@ked!!! (The front)

Also the hell cat engine is just around the corner and its suggested it may have more power then the V10 viper...
I think you're right. Lots of speculation in the Chrysler forum that the 6.4 Hemi will continue as an option in the refreshed 300 together with most if not all of the SRT8's other goodies, (Brembo's and Bilsteins e.t.c.) Scat pack, whatever that means ? and yeah they'll roll out the ZF8 gearbox right across the range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGTFGGTP
Another accountant Rodge??????
No but I got that info in confidence so i'll let that that member share his own story in due course.

Quote:
Quote Elks Really? Have you tried getting parts for a current Chrysler?? Good luck in the long term
I accept it takes longer to get parts from the states or Germany but I use www.speed.co.nz for Euro parts for my Mercedes and American parts for my Chrysler. I find them quicker and a lot more realistically priced than getting parts through normal dealer channels. Quite apart from that between my wife and I we have three cars so it doesn't matter if one is off the road for a while waiting for parts.
FWIW - So far I've got two genuine Mopar oil filters and the correct oil for my Chrysler a heck of a lot more readily available than these parts were for my SC FPV were when it first came out As an early adopter At 2,200 km's in my FPV I was absolutly desperate for oil as it had burned the first litre off and was on the low point of the dipstick and nobody could sell me the correct 5W-20 oil, no dealer, no parts supplier, not Ford N.Z....the only people who had access to the oil seven months after this engine's release were FPV themselves in Australia...which wasn't much good to me as a Kiwi. OTOH my Chrysler hasn't used any oil at this mileage and Mobil 1 0W-40 is readily availabel just down the road at my local Repco store...the irony of this isn't lost on me.

Last edited by Rodge; 12-05-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #32
sixman

Default Re: Chrysler 300 SRT8 production to finish up

Details of the supercharged hemi in the challenger now officially out. Called the hellcat!
Still some talk that it may end up in the chrysler srt as well.
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
sixman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post