Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #481
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBFWagon View Post
Yes its still around $1.05 per litre in Melbourne.

I just filled up a few hours ago.

Looks like they're not going to gouge us for the long weekend too which is nice for once.
Yeah looks like a cheap Easter for the first time in decades. I suppose we should get down on bended knee, light a candle and thank the oil companies for their efforts. Then they will stick it right up us after Easter. Sorry I ran out of faith a long time ago
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #482
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Whats the price doing in Canberra? still ripping us off an extra 30cents a litre than the other state capitals?
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #483
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post
I was told this morning that petrol had just ducked under the $1 per L, being in Asia I can't just whip down to the local servo and check. Is petrol really that cheap back home now?
It dipped below $1 for at least a month in Sydney, as low as 93c that I've seen - and jumped to $1.30 the day after I took delivery of my XR8. Currently hovering around the $1.09 mark when I went for a quickie trip for a McMuffin this morning.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #484
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had to go north from the ACT last weekend. Filled up at Costoco ACT (91ULP) on the Friday 18th. Price was $1.017/lt
Topped up at Costco Casula Saturday 19th price was $0.917/lt.
Filled up again at Casula Sunday 20th price was 0.957/lt.

The point is although Costco is cheap fuel for the ACT it would appear Costco is stinging Canberrians 10 cents a litre to truck fuel to the ACT. I have done a similar trip prior to this but really haven't taken any notice of price differences. I will from now on.
Haven't been back to fill up yet so not sure what the current price is.

Yes everyone goes on about the $60 a year membership fee for Costco however IMHO it's worth it and I'm lucky I guess I only live a 15 minute drive away to get to their site.
AGH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #485
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGH View Post
I had to go north from the ACT last weekend. Filled up at Costoco ACT (91ULP) on the Friday 18th. Price was $1.017/lt

The point is although Costco is cheap fuel for the ACT it would appear Costco is stinging Canberrians 10 cents a litre to truck fuel to the ACT. I have done a similar trip prior to this but really haven't taken any notice of price differences. I will from now on.

Yes everyone goes on about the $60 a year membership fee for Costco however IMHO it's worth it and I'm lucky I guess I only live a 15 minute drive away to get to their site.
Thanks mate, good to hear Costco is still bringing cheap fuel. I use Costco for my 4x4 but wont use the 98 in my XR6T. For my 4x4 i paid the $60 membership off last year in two fills. We go to the snow every weekend in the winter and to the coast every weekend in the summer so the savings add up massively. Will be home in two months, glad to hear its not sittting at $1.45 like when i left in November
Old 26-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #486
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Thanks mate, good to hear Costco is still bringing cheap fuel. I use Costco for my 4x4 but wont use the 98 in my XR6T. For my 4x4 i paid the $60 membership off last year in two fills. We go to the snow every weekend in the winter and to the coast every weekend in the summer so the savings add up massively. Will be home in two months, glad to hear its not sittting at $1.45 like when i left in November
Hi fordomatic....I have only used Costco 98 in my BF since they opened their fuel outlet without any issues but each to their own.....the only other service station I know that comes near Costco prices is the Metro over in Fyshwick....cheers.
Old 26-03-2016, 10:27 PM   #487
Bulletime

I happily put 98 from Costco in my fg xr6T in Canberra all the time and never had a problem. Same performance as every other 98 I've put in.

I read a while ago something about where all the 98 gets refined and there's only a couple of places it comes from so Costco 98 is the same as 98 from many other brands as well. Can't remember specifics but yeah.
Bulletime is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2016, 10:32 PM   #488
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Yeh mine is 300rwkw and when i put Castrol 98 in it and checked it out on the dyno it stuffed my AFR's up. when i put another 2 tanks of BP Ultimate through it it went back to normal. So since that test i have always stuck with BP

Fuel does only come from two places but all the companies put their own additives in the fuel
3 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2016, 10:43 PM   #489
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Hi fordomatic....I have only used Costco 98 in my BF since they opened their fuel outlet without any issues but each to their own.....the only other service station I know that comes near Costco prices is the Metro over in Fyshwick....cheers.
I fill up at either Metro in Fyshwick, or the Caltex/woolies next to Costco at Majura Park (they match price if you have the woolies discount card). i always use 98 when I fill up there and it's still cheaper than standard ULP at our local Calwell servo..
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 11:05 PM   #490
Bulletime

Default Petrol Price crisis......

Fair call fordo, mine will probably get tuned on 98 from elsewhere, bps have never been convenient for me, also probably e85 or reflex.

JC I've done the metro a couple of times, good price if ur in fychwick and need fuel but ful< such a long wait and soo many agro ppl, also to be fair plenty of cheeky ppl trying to push in, not my first choice.
Bulletime is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 11:10 PM   #491
Itsme
Experienced Member

Passed through Bendigo today, all servo's petrol & diesel fuel were under the $1.00 mark.
I paid 91.5 per litre for diesel, I was happy.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 11:14 PM   #492
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Yeh mine is 300rwkw and when i put Castrol 98 in it and checked it out on the dyno it stuffed my AFR's up. when i put another 2 tanks of BP Ultimate through it it went back to normal. So since that test i have always stuck with BP

Fuel does only come from two places but all the companies put their own additives in the fuel
Hope you are a Virgin Velocity member in that case mate. This month 2 points/litre for the 1st fill than 3 points/litre thereafter with BP. If I don't fill up at Costco yes I go to BP.

PS: No I don't work for Richard B...
Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #493
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure why but petrol has jumped up about 25cents this weekend in Melbourne.

Anyone got any reasons for this happening?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2016, 08:37 PM   #494
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

G'day...Local servo is about $1.26 per litre for 91 and $1.38 I think for Premium ..That's pretty good for the sticks..Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #495
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day...Local servo is about $1.26 per litre for 91 and $1.38 I think for Premium ..That's pretty good for the sticks..Cheers Rod..
For Tassie it is mate...I will have to dig up my pics of my last visit to beautiful Tassie way back in late 2006....I think it was a servo near or on the way to Cradle Mountain...
Old 09-06-2016, 12:40 PM   #496
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Petrol back up to $1.30 around Melbourne for the last week.

ANyone know why this has happened?

I was really enjoying the $1 per litre prices.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #497
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

It was in the news on Monday, apparently we're at the end of a cycle and our cycles run longer than some other cities, so we're not used to seeing spikes so often:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money...21f2ca76f5c7c8

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #498
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know what the barrel prices of oil are at the moment?

Can we expect pump prices to stay around $1.30 or will they drop back to $1.00 again?
Old 09-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #499
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

This website shows history, current and predicted prices, found using Google:

http://www.oil-price.net/

It's risen $8 in a month.

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 09-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #500
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBFWagon View Post
Does anyone know what the barrel prices of oil are at the moment?

Can we expect pump prices to stay around $1.30 or will they drop back to $1.00 again?
Today's price was/is $51US a barrel.
Old 27-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #501
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Thread bump, but does anyone know why we are getting robbed in melbourne for the past 3 weeks? Unleaded is going for 1.00 in sydney yet crappy 91 fuel is going for 1.29 in melbourne . At that price difference could almost cart fuel to melbourne and pocket the difference
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #502
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Thread bump, but does anyone know why we are getting robbed in melbourne for the past 3 weeks? Unleaded is going for 1.00 in sydney yet crappy 91 fuel is going for 1.29 in melbourne . At that price difference could almost cart fuel to melbourne and pocket the difference
I was down in Melbourne two w-ends ago. Costco price was just a touch under $1.09 for 91. I did notice driving around the price varied wildly in price from around $1.08 to around $1.34 during that weekend. The Coles Express were the highest followed by the BP sites. Price at Costco Canberra last Friday just under $1.10 which is cheap for ACT prices.
Old 27-11-2016, 10:51 PM   #503
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Filled up at Costco today for $1.11, checked BP on the way home $1.39.

ACT is a joke. I was in Central QLD last week and it was $1.16, then i got home and BP was $1.36.

Lucky I only have to fill up the falcon at BP once a month.
Old 28-11-2016, 01:49 AM   #504
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Deleted
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2016, 08:56 AM   #505
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last night in Lakemba (Sydney) the following two examples are within sight of each other.

Caltex E10 $134.9
Metro E10 $0.927

A difference of .422 cents per litre or 31.3%.

That much of a difference has nothing to do with what additives are in the fuel or transportation costs.

The guy at the counter of the Metro station stated they get a phone call from head office telling them what price to charge, so it's not up to the operator of the service station to set pricing.

The other question to be asked is, are you actually getting a litre for the price?

I have a number of VP Racing & Jaz fuel jugs with marks at 5, 10, 15 & 20 litres.
The marks on the jugs are always above the level of fuel in the container based on the bowser reading.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2016, 11:39 PM   #506
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
Last night in Lakemba (Sydney) the following two examples are within sight of each other.

Caltex E10 $134.9
Metro E10 $0.927

A difference of .422 cents per litre or 31.3%.

That much of a difference has nothing to do with what additives are in the fuel or transportation costs.

The guy at the counter of the Metro station stated they get a phone call from head office telling them what price to charge, so it's not up to the operator of the service station to set pricing.

The other question to be asked is, are you actually getting a litre for the price?

I have a number of VP Racing & Jaz fuel jugs with marks at 5, 10, 15 & 20 litres.
The marks on the jugs are always above the level of fuel in the container based on the bowser reading.
What a difference 24 hours makes.

The above pricing at the Metro station remains unchanged at .927 cents per litre.
Caltex dropped from $134.9 to $106.9.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 02:06 AM   #507
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Definitely not getting an accurate reading out of pumps for sure.
Some are way out compared to others.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #508
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I'm ever away from a Costco site and I need fuel I use this.

https://petrolspy.com.au/map/latlng/...20732999999996

Just gives me a bit of an idea who is selling for what at the time.
Old 29-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #509
Dauphin
Irregular member

Thanks mate, that's a cool site.

Everything around my area is 2 to 24 days out of date, so needs people power to make it effective. I will try and do some contributing in the next few days.

Old 29-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #510
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So wots happening with the price of crude oil?

Is it going to go back down or is it stabilising at the moment??