Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
broadoez
Starter Motor

Default Ecu update / warranty

I just saw a fb post saying that a ford dealer is fobbing off doing a software update for the turbo lag issue - until warranty runs out - presumably so they can charge for it.

My first service is due for my ex demo mc lx tdci mondeo and would like to know where I stand in regards for demanding the update.

Cheers

broadoez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Default Re: Ecu update / warranty

Check the ford etis site, should have any ecu updated listed for your vehicle - enter your VIN.
http://www.etis.ford.com/
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt View Post
Check the ford etis site, should have any ecu updated listed for your vehicle - enter your VIN.
http://www.etis.ford.com/
The above shows updates, but the dealers say they do not use ETIS and that info is not relevant to them. They claim it is for European markets only, not AU! Is that true or are they just telling porkies...
Old 21-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

If not etis, then where do they get their update-required info from?
Lets talk about the entire information chain !! Someone somewhere inside FORD-earth has decided updates are needed to the GLOBAL cars.

Ring another dealer and ask the basic question : Do etis updates apply to my car?
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My local dealer says they use IDS...
Old 21-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
Fishman

What is IDS?
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #7
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
What is IDS?
IDS is scantool used by ford to program and diagnose your vehicle
etis is relevant to what is already done to your vehicle and possible updates but doesn't make it a requirement for ford to update unless a safety/pollution issue or unless a customer complaint requires an action to rectify condition as adviced by ford engineering

having said that tell them what your complaint is and tell them you want it fixed if in warranty- try another dealer if not satisfied if available
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
oemdenied

IDS is Intergraded Diagnostic Software as used by Ford, Mazda older Land Rover/Range Rover models and Jags (JLR now use SDD)
ETIS is the European Ford database. AU dealers use a similar database but it is not the same.
We use IDS that we imported from the UK for all ECU diagnostics but can not program modules due to not having access to the Euro dealer network as we are not a dealer.

In regards to demanding an update, an update will only be carried out if the dealer confirms there is a problem and it is approved by the warranty clerk.
My advice is to book your car in with your local dealer and describe the problem you are having. -quoting TSBs and talk of software updates tends to get dealer staffs backs up as they sometimes take it as you telling them how to do their job.