Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #31
Binny

Default Re: In for the long haul - Minor mods coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawry View Post
5.8?!? Is yours a diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep TDCi

|
|
|
|
V
Old 27-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #32
Lawry
Starter Motor

Well that makes me feel much better about my 7.8 on a similar run. I drive springfield to Albion and back daily. Traffic is fairly average in the evenings. Having said that though, I used to drive the Bruce twice a day and that was much worse.

Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #33
Binny

Far out, we are almost neighbors and I work at Albion too!
Old 27-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #34
Lawry
Starter Motor

Where in Albion??

Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #35
Binny

I sent you a PM Lawry.
Old 17-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #36
Binny

Well how things change.
I've had an interesting couple of weeks with a health scare and then someone I know dropped dead from eating a pizza.
I was drooling over a brand new Mustang GT in the carpark and I decided that you know what, life is too short. I've always wanted to own a V8 RWD car and I'm in my 40s so must be time for a mid life crisis. No regrets.

No way I can afford a new stang so I looked around at the options. For the price range and condition I was looking at, BA and BF XR8s in various condition were the option. But TBH I'm not a huge fan of the Barra 260 in stock form, it doesn't have the low down grunt I expect.
I'm pretty brand agnostic. I have owned a lot of different brands so I looked around. I ended up finding a mint HSV VX Clubsport and I'm stoked with it. Sorry to all the Ford fans. I just hope I can find an equivalent forum with the same type of people as you lot. Friendly and no BS.

So I sent a reply to Burton Power on Sunday asking to cancel the intercooler order and then ironically it showed up here on Monday after I had been waiting 6 weeks for it.
So now I have a brand new Airtec cooler if anyone is interested PM me. It suits all MA to MC TDCIs.
I'll post an add in the parts section so look for the details there.

Take care all.
Old 18-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #37
manchu

haha..from a TDCI mondeo to HSV clubsport. That is quite a change. Enjoy.

I've been thinking lately that a VF II SS-V Redline wagon would be a good next car after my MC. I should be in my 40's too by that time.
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #38
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
haha..from a TDCI mondeo to HSV clubsport. That is quite a change. Enjoy.

I've been thinking lately that a VF II SS-V Redline wagon would be a good next car after my MC. I should be in my 40's too by that time.
I get it, going from something that goes anywhere for for not alot and goes alright, to something that may not have bluetooth, but is a lot more rewarding to drive. If the weekly wage doesn't care, then hats off to you sir, the 255 ls1 sounds grumpy without too many mods
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #39
Binny

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I get it, going from something that goes anywhere for for not alot and goes alright, to something that may not have bluetooth, but is a lot more rewarding to drive. If the weekly wage doesn't care, then hats off to you sir, the 255 ls1 sounds grumpy without too many mods
Thanks guys.
I had to laugh while reading this in tapatalk there was an ad at the bottom that said something like 12 gas guzzlers that you just can't quit hahaha.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
Old 18-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #40
xr8cam

I subscribed also. Keen to get an idea about these great looking Ford's as my wife's Subaru is long in the tooth and I want to convince her the blue oval has a car she will love.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #41
yojabbajabba
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
Look what arrived today.

I'm going to upload the map tonight so I'll let you know first impressions tomorrow.
I realise this is an old thread, but I really want to know how it went with the Bluefin flash and filter replacement!
yojabbajabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2017, 10:53 PM   #42
Mighty_Liam
Starter Motor

You may have moved on Binny, but thanks for profiling a little your experience with the Bluefin.
I've been playing with the idea for the last 12 months and am almost convinced to jump in. For those of you who are interested, the UK tuning company Binny mentioned, Demon Tweaks currently has a bit of a sale on the Bluefin, landed for $444 AUD, including the free K&N filter.
A follow-up question for anyone who may know, is there a central resource for identifying the vehicle codes associated with the AU models, that is 115PS, 163PS etc. I want to make sure I order the right unit!

Cheers.
Mighty_Liam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #43
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Liam View Post
You may have moved on Binny, but thanks for profiling a little your experience with the Bluefin.
I've been playing with the idea for the last 12 months and am almost convinced to jump in. For those of you who are interested, the UK tuning company Binny mentioned, Demon Tweaks currently has a bit of a sale on the Bluefin, landed for $444 AUD, including the free K&N filter.
A follow-up question for anyone who may know, is there a central resource for identifying the vehicle codes associated with the AU models, that is 115PS, 163PS etc. I want to make sure I order the right unit!

Cheers.
I can help with your 2nd question. Ford Europe has a system called ETIS. If you enter the VIN, it will give you all of the vehicle details.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2017, 11:55 PM   #44
Mighty_Liam
Starter Motor

That's exactly what I needed, super cool little database - thanks!

Well I took the plunge and ordered my Bluefin from Demon Tweaks. It was the torque curve that did it for me, I couldn't stop thinking about it Now a week or so wait, get the car serviced, plug and play
This user likes this post:
Old 07-04-2017, 02:18 AM   #45
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's exactly what I needed, super cool little database - thanks!

Well I took the plunge and ordered my Bluefin from Demon Tweaks. It was the torque curve that did it for me, I couldn't stop thinking about it Now a week or so wait, get the car serviced, plug and play
Remember that the ECU limits the torque in the lower gears, so you'll only get the most benefit in 4th to 6th. Looking forward to reading your review!

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk
Old 16-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #46
Mighty_Liam
Starter Motor

So the Bluefin and freebie K&N arrived Thursday, 7 days total, I think I accidentally clicked priority postage The car has actually developed quite a noticeable miss/running rough in the last week so I have delayed the remap until after it's sorted. Car is booked in for its 90k service in 2 weeks, so looking at probably another month before I do the upgrade.

Tell me more about the torque limiter NZ XR6, are we talking a reactive ESC type limiter or a max torque limiter across the board?
Old 17-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #47
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I read somewhere that the ECU limits the maximum torque in the lower 3 gears. I assume that is done by reducing fuel flow through the injectors.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk
Old 26-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #48
Scoobth
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
I read somewhere that the ECU limits the maximum torque in the lower 3 gears. I assume that is done by reducing fuel flow through the injectors.
Any idea why this is done? Are there parts which cannot handle the higher torque at low speeds, maybe in the transmission? Or maybe it's just for better eco friendly stats?

Can this torque restriction be overcome /tweaked/hacked?
Scoobth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #49
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobth View Post
Any idea why this is done? Are there parts which cannot handle the higher torque at low speeds, maybe in the transmission? Or maybe it's just for better eco friendly stats?

Can this torque restriction be overcome /tweaked/hacked?

Ford said it were to prolong the gearbox (Aisin), it can handle up to a maximum of 440Nm. You'd probably exceed that in the first two gears, so it's limited. You can remove it with a Remap but I wouldn't think it'd be a smart idea. 3rd gear is felt much stronger on acceleration plus it's easier on the box.
Old 26-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #50
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There would be driveability issues as well. Even on a smooth, dry road, full throttle in 2nd results in some torque steer. Where grip is compromised, 3rd gear can feel twitchy.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk
Old 16-01-2018, 03:29 PM   #51
Highway cruser
Starter Motor

Quote:
So the Bluefin and freebie K&N arrived Thursday, 7 days total, I think I accidentally clicked priority postage The car has actually developed quite a noticeable miss/running rough in the last week so I have delayed the remap until after it's sorted. Car is booked in for its 90k service in 2 weeks, so looking at probably another month before I do the upgrade.

Tell me more about the torque limiter NZ XR6, are we talking a reactive ESC type limiter or a max torque limiter across the board?
Just wondering how you went with this
Highway cruser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post