Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
bovva66

Default OEM Speakers for 6 cd stereo for MA Mondeo

I have just noticed that at least one speaker is 'buzzing' on my MA Mondeo Zetec, mainly when there is a decent amount of bass in music. Whether this is a faulty speaker or speaker is rattling in door, I don't know. Not even sure which speaker is problem one, but assume it is not any of the tweeter speakers.

As Mondeo is outside warranty, I am after suggestions for replacement speakers suitable for the Sony system, as I suspect local dealer would charge the earth for average replacement speakers.

Brand and a recommended installer in Perth would be helpful.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default Re: OEM Speakers for 6 cd stereo for MA Mondeo

Have a look through the Euro Mondeo forums, from memory there was a large amount of chat about fitting aftermarket speakers to the Sony system. That might give you some ideas.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I had the same issue. It was coming from the rear drivers door. I had them change the speaker twice, and when they couldn't sort the issue, I just lived with it. I am sure it was the door skin not the speaker.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
bt0

My Wife has the same problem. It is intermittent and when we take it to the dealer it never happens. I'm thinking about changing the speakers to aftermarket. Has anyone found any decent direct replacements (no adapters etc)? Also what is the standard speaker size?
bt0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Talkford.com is probably your best bet to find this out. The Mark IV forum has sub forums dedicated to stereo.

My XR6 has the same issue.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post