Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
blue17
Starter Motor

Default MD Petrol Battery

My 2016 Trend ecoboost MD battery seems like it is getting near end of life as have had to jump start once and is a bit dodgy sometimes on starts with trip computer also resetting itself. It is doesn't have stop/start but according to Repco needs a special 'silver' battery for around $400. Seems way over the top. Anybody replaced the their battery and suggestions.
blue17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: MD Petrol Battery

calcium/calcium is also fine but can't argue if you wanted silver/calcium.

DIN75L EFB - Century is suitable
Silver - I'd look at Vata

Silver batteries from factory are used as they don't know how long it may sit in a yard before it's sold, doesn't mean calcium is bad and that's all I'd be putting in it come replacement time.
Old 27-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #3
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I fitted a calcium Century 3 years ago and it's still going strong. I couldn't find the correct size silver calcium battery in Auckland at the time, so had to buy calcium.

My understanding is current technology calcium batteries are just as good, so save your money.

The Motorcraft batteries the dealers will sell you are not silver calcium.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L02 using Tapatalk
Old 30-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
blue17
Starter Motor

Bit the bullet today as was sick of everything resetting itself. Got a Varta E38 (DIN65L) for $289 fitted and checked which comes with 36m warranty. I have a feeling that is only prorata, ie only get 2/3 back if it last 12months, but they could not say. Also rang Ford as battery warranty was not specifically covered in warranty but they said as it was a "supplied" component it was only covered for 12 months and I should pursue supplier. I said aren't a lot of your components supplied by others? Pretty gray area. I guess you could make a claim under Aus Consumer Law that it didn't met expectations regarding life/cost. Also found out a lot about battery terminology which companies and sellers use to spread bull**** about their batteries and what they are made of.
blue17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2020, 08:14 PM   #5
thewonderer

Just had service with Ford. I bought car 2nd hand and thought the battery had seen better days. They told me that battery wasn't showing the best output. They did the Mondeo recall that's out for the battery connector / housing.

Going to see what the garage charges for a battery . Guess one of these is what I need DIN75L EFB
thewonderer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2020, 08:40 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewonderer View Post
Just had service with Ford. I bought car 2nd hand and thought the battery had seen better days. They told me that battery wasn't showing the best output. They did the Mondeo recall that's out for the battery connector / housing.

Going to see what the garage charges for a battery . Guess one of these is what I need DIN75L EFB
Pass on your VIN and well find the right battery for the car..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2020, 09:06 AM   #7
thewonderer

Thanks GTLENGEND, just dropped the VIN in a PM to you.
thewonderer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post