Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #31
seduced_xr
BF XR6

put up a camera. wait till the early hours of the morning and set it up. then you wait...
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
Old 22-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #32
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
No, mentally unstable people (those who think retalliating by leetting down tyres) don't care if the person is guilty or innocent. They just care that they don't like something and that is that.

If someone did this to you without any reason and you posted this Norm, would you be happy with the responses?
Letting the tyres down is going a bit far but its far better than sticking a knife in them.
"If" it happened to me (the note) it would most likely be because i did something to upset someone..... now ID cop it on the chin, some people don't.
There are many here who think burnouts are fine and that speeding and street racing is ok too, these people take offense at being punished for doing it too, because they see nothing wrong with it, in their eyes.......
"If" i posted about it id be happy to accept all opinions, not just the ones siding or agreeing with me... what's the point of a forum if everyone just takes the same line, what "if" the op is telling porkies and did upset the neighbours? none of us know either way... discussions have many angles.. not just 1.
The day we're all forced to agree with 1 angle and not challenge common sense is the day most look elsewhere.....

Last edited by 4Vman; 22-10-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 22-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #33
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get some flowers and put them in a bucket near your car over night with a small sign saying "FREE PLEASE TAKE SOME"

If he comes again he'll think "you care" and it will make him think "is he being remorsefull?" and will also make him think twice about harming your car (unless he/she is a real ruff nut then nothing will stop him).
...dunno... just confuse em I say.
you - :
them - :

Click here to see my ute
Old 22-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #34
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

photocopy the note and put sorry I wont do it again on it and then letter drop the neighbors
Old 22-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #35
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Letting the tyres down is going a bit far but its far better than sticking a knife in them.
"If" it happened to me (the note) it would most likely be because i did something to upset someone..... now ID cop it on the chin, some people don't.
"If" i posted about it id be happy to accept all opinions, not just the ones siding or agreeing with me... what's the point of a forum if everyone just takes the same line, what "if" the op is telling porkies and did upset the neighbours? none of us know either way... discussions have many angles.. not just 1.
When you only have limited info there really is one angle to take Norm and that is whatever the info supplied states. That is unless you know more about this story than the rest of us. That is something that I doubt.

You are correct in saying that maybe he did do something wrong, but considering that there is nothing to support that argument then I really don't think making assumptions is at all fair. You know what Ricky Gervais says about assumptions.

In reality the best anyone can do is post and make judgement using the knowledge available to them at the time of said post. Taking ifs, buts and possibilities into the equation is just not fair on the OP.

Neither you or I are judge, jury nor executioner so let's not behave as if we are. We are all also equal which gives none the right to pass judgement on another's actions, especially when you have zero to base those judgements on.

How about we all calm down and for once give someone the benefit of the doubt, or isn't that the AFF way anymore?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 22-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #36
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Guess it would be pretty silly of someone to post this if they have been giving the neighbours something to get upset over, posting it for all to see gives me the assumption he has nothing to hide.
Old 22-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #37
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Some of you just enjoy posting for the sake of having a debate amongst yourselves, and now the topic is being lost in all of this.

Here need something new to focus on?
we would love to see as much input into our Charity events as there is in some of these threads, so get off the keyboard on the 29th of November put some fuel in your car and do something for the kids..
Use the links in my signature for your States details.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 22-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #38
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Start at house number one. EAch night torch the next house. they will slowly learn their lesson.
Old 22-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #39
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Put xr6 badges on the car or just debadge it , drive slower in the street or learn to drive it quieter .
If the neighbours continue's to hassle you , might be time to go door knocking .
Old 22-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #40
FPV GT40
Banned

Sorry people, someone will not let peoples tyres down for no reason, there is always a reason, why doesn't every car in the street have the tyres let down???

Why is this poor innocent young man being so unfairly persecuted by his horrible neighbours??? I guess it happens all the time someone targeting people for no reason what so ever...
Old 22-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #41
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Guess it would be pretty silly of someone to post this if they have been giving the neighbours something to get upset over, posting it for all to see gives me the assumption he has nothing to hide.
it is all open to perception. what some young person perceives to be safe - an older person may perceive it to be dangerous

the original poster may believe he has done nothing wrong, but someone in his neighborhood may believe that he has
assuming that the note and the tyres are related - and maybe only one person knows for sure, then it is safe to assume that someone perceives that the original poster has done something wrong
i believe the best thing the original poster can do is to drive safely and make sure he does not annoy anyone. knocking on doors only opens the potential for confrontation - maybe not even with the moron who let the tyres down anyway
Old 22-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #42
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

I see it as a great oppertunity to give the young people a better name regarding vehicles and attitude.Its all in the approach and could be a win for you in the end.

Dealt with the right way you may find the word being spread amongst their peers as "maybe their not that bad after all".Little,but it all helps the "perception of us younger generation".Im 27 so I gather im apart of that.
Old 22-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #43
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT40
Sorry people, someone will not let peoples tyres down for no reason, there is always a reason, why doesn't every car in the street have the tyres let down???

Why is this poor innocent young man being so unfairly persecuted by his horrible neighbours??? I guess it happens all the time someone targeting people for no reason what so ever...
So what's the actual story then?

Guess what, innocents do actually cop things for no reason from time to time. Ever had your car egged? Do people that have their cars keyed deserve that too? They couldn't be innocent could they?

Christ, some people seem to know it all. Not you in particular FPV GT40 but yours seemed a good post to quote.
Old 22-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #44
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There may be a car that looks similar to yours doing silly things nearby .Had a mate with a cv8 and the police accused him of speeding 15 minutes earlier lucky for him he was getting into his car and said my car hasnt been driven for 2 or 3 hours the bonnet was cold. There was another bloke who drove like a maniac with an identical car
Old 22-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #45
Ibrox90
Banned

WELL,

RG I thank you for the benefit of the doubt tops mate.

Few points to ponder.

1. Your even if i took my exhaust off and ran thru a set of rears every 15 mins right down the street. this individual has no right to take the law into there own hands.

2. Im 19 and thus an adult so id appreciate it if you didnt talk to me like a petulant (sp??)child.

3. You have no right to be on a high horse, your not special.

4 HUGE POINT. P Plater doesnt mean i drive like a lunatic.

P.s to who ever it was who sed it. It is my opinion (which im entitled to) that a classic like a mint XB coupe is miles beyond and in a completly different class to a skyline GtS thats been riced to the teeth.

Now the plan of action is........

Photocopy the note and put underneath.

Won't happen again.

However I encourage you to come and speak with me. Leaving a note on my car is in no way appropriate or mature. Number 15 ask for Brian Junior

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Old 22-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #46
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Some of you just enjoy posting for the sake of having a debate amongst yourselves, and now the topic is being lost in all of this.

Here need something new to focus on?
we would love to see as much input into our Charity events as there is in some of these threads, so get off the keyboard on the 29th of November put some fuel in your car and do something for the kids..
Use the links in my signature for your States details.

I'll be there Spoolman XD

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 22-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #47
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Same old Keyboard Warriers another thread, no wonder FF.au isn't what it used to be.

No matter what some of you "Think" Ibrox90 may have or could have done, nobody has the right to touch your property, this is breaking the law and every bit as "Wrong" as Speeding, Burnouts, Streetracing, Ect.

If i were you I'd go door knocking, show you are mature enough to do the right thing, you will soon find the guilty face.
Old 22-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #48
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think your Neighbour could be jealous of you driving a modern car even if it's a XR8.
As suggested I would drive in the street in a higher gear. In saying that mate you’re doing the right thing and you do what you feel is best. Good luck
Old 22-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #49
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've built a bridge a fair while back.. Over it..
Old 22-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #50
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
I've built a bridge a fair while back.. Over it..
Sigh....then why post.......

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 22-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #51
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
Sigh....then why post.......
Look it was me ok!! I'm sick of your bloody loud clapped out exhaust waking me up at all hours ok!! Now i'm off to bed because i'm up early again tomorrow to let your bloody tyres down again ya little smarty pants!!
Old 22-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #52
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
No matter what some of you "Think" Ibrox90 may have or could have done, nobody has the right to touch your property, this is breaking the law and every bit as "Wrong" as Speeding, Burnouts, Streetracing, Ect.
i do not think anyone has said that letting down tyres was a good thing. most of us are just suggesting that he drive sensible from now on. whether he has driven sensible previously is irrelevant, because someone, somewhere does not like something. he can only act on this, from now on and if he drives sensibly, there is a good chance this will blow over
Old 22-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #53
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
i do not think anyone has said that letting down tyres was a good thing. most of us are just suggesting that he drive sensible from now on. whether he has driven sensible previously is irrelevant, because someone, somewhere does not like something. he can only act on this, from now on and if he drives sensibly, there is a good chance this will blow over
Hang on, if he's driving sensibly now and this has happened how will driving sensibly in the future solve the issue?

A lot of people think noise = speed so even if he does 20 instead of 30 there will still be an issue.
Old 22-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #54
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
So what's the actual story then?

Guess what, innocents do actually cop things for no reason from time to time. Ever had your car egged? Do people that have their cars keyed deserve that too? They couldn't be innocent could they?
Lol...how many eggers leave a note telling you to pull your head in before the incident.??
A few things come to mind...
Would a crazy neighbour leave you a note if they simply had a vendetta..proberbly not.
Therefore what would drive a reasonably sane person to escalate to actual damaging the property, keeping in mind, letting down your tyres is only an inconvenience to 'slow you down', if they wanted to hurt you a key is much quicker?

The evidence tells me they want you to slow down...perhaps they're right?
Old 22-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #55
seduced_xr
BF XR6

well if it were me id take the plates off my car and drive it sideways down their street. then do a mail out simply saying " there now you all have something to whinge about"
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
Old 22-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #56
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

All i know is these things don't happen by chance, there must have been something to make there blood boil. Have the police been notified of the tyre slashings? Good to have it on record if this issue escalates.

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
Old 22-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #57
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT40

Why is this poor innocent young man being so unfairly persecuted by his horrible neighbors??? I guess it happens all the time someone targeting people for no reason what so ever...
Because it does happen ....... is it really that hard for some to understand???

There are nutters out there and for the smallest, stupidest reason will turn on someone else for reasons only they know why.

I have had some neighbors from hell and its not a good experience.

Taken on face value, which some here should try and do, he has unfortunately stirred up one of these neighborhood nuffies and hopefully things do not get too out of control.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #58
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Lol...how many eggers leave a note telling you to pull your head in before the incident.??
A few things come to mind...
Would a crazy neighbour leave you a note if they simply had a vendetta..proberbly not.
Therefore what would drive a reasonably sane person to escalate to actual damaging the property, keeping in mind, letting down your tyres is only an inconvenience to 'slow you down', if they wanted to hurt you a key is much quicker?

The evidence tells me they want you to slow down...perhaps they're right?
Just so you know, this has nothing to do with me. Unless people have an issue with a bloke pushing an engineless car I don't think anyone could have an issue with me.

You know not the OP, the street, the issue nor the vandal. Perhaps instead of spouting off on the basis or your half concocted assumptions you should either read what the OP said or just leave it.
Old 22-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #59
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Hang on, if he's driving sensibly now and this has happened how will driving sensibly in the future solve the issue?

A lot of people think noise = speed so even if he does 20 instead of 30 there will still be an issue.
is he driving sensibly now - has he not done one silly thing that someone did not like

he also started a thread on people with diverse tastes in cars embarrasing themselves just for being mates, because it is his right to think a mint xb coupe is miles ahead of a skyline that is riced to it's teeth. yet, he complains if people have a problem with p platers - if that is not double standards, i do not know what is. maybe, just maybe, his driving has done something that has contradicted his original claim that he is driving within the limits

and he only claimed to drive within the limits in his own street. i am sure there are many other people in close proximity to his house, that are not in his street

his opinions, like everyone elses are all warranted, so i am not putting down his views. however, driving less than sensibly will not help an already inflamed situation. if he has done one thing that is considered out of line, driving sensibly from now on may save him hassles in the future. i am sorry if i am offending the original poster, but a simple and pain free solution is normally the best. if he wants trouble, go and knock on every door in the neighbourhood. he may not get any, but it is a good possibility that he will find some
Old 22-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #60
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Just so you know, this has nothing to do with me. Unless people have an issue with a bloke pushing an engineless car I don't think anyone could have an issue with me.

You know not the OP, the street, the issue nor the vandal. Perhaps instead of spouting off on the basis or your half concocted assumptions you should either read what the OP said or just leave it.
I never implied you had anything to do with it, the last line was aimed at the OP.

When i was a young fella my old man hassled me for fishtalin' in the driveway(rural property)...so i did it more, cos i knew it p'd him off.
Then he took my car away (a car he bought)...

Slowed me down :
Closed Thread