Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
vermiltina
Custom e-series owner

Default no go xr8 ute

hey all,
well my xr8 ute suddenly had a problem not running on gas but still ran on full so i was tracing that down (not factory gas) and found that the solanoid at the tank wasn't opening/not getting power any way.....was doing a few things and then all of a sudden it wouldn't start at all and a mate and i thought that it might had been the battery as it was getting a little slugish from starting and stopping and having the key on trying to find the gas problem. so we hooked up some jumper leads and still NOTHING!!
when you turn the key on then go to crank the little exclamation mark appears on the dash. now i can get it cranking with a screwdriver bridging the starter but even with the key on it still wouldn't start so i think i don't have ignition either as it was quite fuelly.
so would you say that my bcm has had a sudden heart attack??
i tryed leaving the key in the on position for a hr but nothing, i think that was ment to reset the smartlock.

any help would be great.
trying to get some mates to get hold of a scan tool for me so i can see what the problem is

fresh paint, 20 inch chrome wheels, ed xr front, scorcher body kit, ef/el mirrors and door trims, UPC 330mm twin piston big brakes, manual, front adjustable coil overs, 2.5 inch exhaust, twin thermos etc etc
**atomic built 660kw AU engine being fitted**
vermiltina is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post