Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #361
Phantom 8
Ford fan

Thats crazy mate,Don't let it get to ya,You know you are right with what you think and do..
Old 23-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #362
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Anyone actually associated with drag racing may face stiff penalties for being there.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tur...-1225843490668
This will be VERY interesting....... I'm told there is an enormous amount of video footage that is being viewed by the authorities at the moment, along with forum conversation info like here, Facebook info and witness info to go through, even the chopper that was overhead has high res video surveillance capabilities.

Allot of people may not realize they've been identified or "listed", wrong place wrong time...

Its amazing what the police can trace through I.T electronic means to identify people.

Like i said earlier.. anyone there on the night is "guilty" to a lesser or greater degree.

Many here masquerade here under the guise of "car enthusiasts" for appearances sake however their true colors come to the surface eventually...

Last edited by 4Vman; 23-03-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 23-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #363
EBW-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ill admit I was there, but I was there to support the Nats. Once the stupid ******** started, I left, along with anyone else who had a car there.

Was all peacefull to start with with Police presence, keeping an eye on things, then all of a sudden it erupted into the riot.

I really dont know why they thought a riot was the best way to keep the Nats, but its stuffed it up for everyone!

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
"CHEAPEST GUARD ROLLING IN MELBOURNE"
Old 23-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #364
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBW-302
Ill admit I was there, but I was there to support the Nats. Once the stupid ******** started, I left, along with anyone else who had a car there.

Was all peacefull to start with with Police presence, keeping an eye on things, then all of a sudden it erupted into the riot.

I really dont know why they thought a riot was the best way to keep the Nats, but its stuffed it up for everyone!
That's what I was wondering, did most the cars that had turned up initially leave? It seems that most of the rioters arrived a bit later?
Old 23-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #365
bcnyah351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
so the promoter officially released statement is a pack of lies?
His terms of contract were changed and this isn't the 1st time this has happened dealing with CP and many in the industry are not surprised it ended up like this, it never ends.
-----------------------------

*Statement from Jon Davison the Promoter of the EASTERNATS 2010*

Re: The Calder Park Agreement

After reading a number of inaccurate statements from Ian MacArthur

– General Manager of Calder Park in regard to the EASTERNATS 2010, I outline the following.

An Agreement for hire of Calder Park Raceway to host the EASTERNATS was first provided to me on or about Friday the 26th February 2010. For your information I had on a number of occasions inclusive of December, January and early February, requested a copy of the Agreement.

The Agreement as provided was not in line with the terms outlined in the document headed EASTERNATS Summary which was provided to me by representatives of Calder Park in November 2009, particularly in relation to the period of license which was to be... “(5 year x 5 year with renewable options)”. Since the 26th February I had been informed on the 9th March by email that the Agreement was “suspended” and then further on the 11th March that the Agreement was cancelled and by further letter dated the 12th March I was advised by Bob Jane of the following;

“So I’m now faced with two options, to maintain the position of the cancellation of the event at Calder Park or alternatively to continue the event under the management of Calder Park and protecting your perceived value of the EASTERNATS ongoing basis in the future”.

Bob Jane’s letter 12th March then outlined the basis for a new Agreement, which entailed a new option arrangement at the option of the owner year by year.

As the Promoter I had at all times acted and negotiated in good faith, however under the circumstances I could not accept the terms as proposed and acknowledged that... I had been unable to reach any satisfactory long term agreement, and in accordance with Bob Jane’s correspondence, I accepted the cancellation. It is important to note Bob Jane suspended and then cancelled the event.

On or about the 1st March I was provided with a copy of correspondence from Carey Patterson, Manager Building Services & Municipal Building Surveyor advising Calder Park Raceway that, “the owner of the property is required to have an Occupancy Permit issued prior to any event at which admission is charged for the purposes of public entertainment”.

I was advised by Bob Jane that he had this matter under control and that the issue was being resolved by his lawyers and Brimbank Council.

I received from Maddocks solicitors representing Brimbank City Council (BCC) dated 12th March 2010 that Calder Park the Venue had failed to obtain an Occupancy Permit for Calder Park to act as a place of public entertainment.

Maddocks threatened legal action against Rapid Corporation as the Promoter of the EASTERNATS, unless an application for a Certificate of Occupancy was made to Council by 4:00 pm on the 18th March 2010. As of Monday 15th March 2010, Calder Park had not made the application to Council.

This issue combined with threatening... legal correspondence regarding the Occupancy Permit and the changes to and subsequent uncertainties of the commercial agreement, were totally unacceptable. I had always proceeded on the assurance that the venue Calder Park had all the necessary planning permits and satisfied all regulatory requirements for the conduct of public entertainment.

Under the circumstances as of Monday 15th March I was unable and unwilling to proceed. My case rests.

Yours sincerely

Jon Davison
Promoter EASTERNATS
have heard it from a very good sauce he hires the track for a price with only 120 cars how can he cover his costs and once again l hate caulder will not race there l would strip the car and sell it all of
Old 23-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #366
bcnyah351

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFRMONT
I wonder how long until Calder is sold off for housing.

If you don't think it'll happen, you only have to look at what the AFL did to Waverley Park..........
caulder is zoned for idustrail only no houses and the hills are made of old tyres
Old 23-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #367
bcnyah351

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
Everyone is guilty? Is that because you don't like the people that attended? Or you've got nothing else?

Absolutely the biggest load of pig crap I've ever heard.
the law states if you are there and a riot occurse in can be charged of insighting a riot everone there can be charged
Old 26-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #368
ZC001
Cruisin

Does that include all the police that were there before the riot and chose to do nothing to stop it happening ?
Old 27-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #369
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Think we are getting a little bit silly now ...... think everyone has had a good say on it and has run its course.

Just as a last note though for those that may think it will have an effect on things in the future and the weirdness of the people who thought this was all a good thing ......
Quote:
Bad News!! The Last Minute Nats event which was to be held on April 3rd 2010 has been cancelled.

I have been working with authorities to try and resolve a number of issues and have just run out of time.

When the concept was proposed last week it was a genuine attempt to provide an alternative to the cancelled EasterNats event, however, following meetings which occurred as a result of the response to the a recent event in Melbourne, the consequence of which has changed the thinking of the authorities in relation to the running of the Last Minute Nats at this time.

I apologise for any inconvenience and I assure you that this will not affect any future events and I have an assurance from the authorities for their support when running similar types of events in the future.

Kindest regards,

Adam Ronke

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread