Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
GARY CLEGG
Focus Pocus

Default 2000 Festiva HORN COVER SHROUD REMOVAL

Hi all, i am a new member and this is my first post so please bare with me. I bought my grand daughter a 2000 festiva trio. I need to remove the horn cover shroud from the steering wheel to fix the horn contacts but i can,t figure out how to release it. There are 4 holes from under the wheel spokes but i don't seem to be able to locate a phillips driver on any screws and of course i can't see up the hole to see what's up there. Does anyone know how to get the damn thing off?

GARY CLEGG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Pursya

Default Re: 2000 Festiva HORN COVER SHROUD REMOVAL

The screws, if they are there may be torx, not Philips. Could also be Allen key heads.
Only guessing, but not many philips head used on vehicles these days.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
Pursya

Also, this may help although its 2001.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/26457170/1...Festiva-Manual
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
GARY CLEGG
Focus Pocus

Mystery solved??? After trying all avenues of books and forums with no success I finally figured out myself how to get the horn cover off a Festiva steering wheel. There are no screws at all just five spear clips pushed through the frame of the wheel. They have a tapered head and a groove or slot down the middle. Rather than try to force them back out of the locating holes and risk breaking them I used a suitable size round socket, pushing it up from behind the wheel over the taper on the spear thus collapsing the spear and pushing them out one at a time. After all this time a small mirror and torch to look up behind the wheel to see what was holding it on did the trick. The whole job to fix the horn took less than half an hour in the end. Thanks anyway guys.
GARY CLEGG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post