Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #5851
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I don't know what you guys are on about. I have no problems getting KN95 masks without a bypass valve. No shortages either, I got mine from Bunnings for $19 for a pack of 5 and there is literally a ton of them at the cash register being sold and nobody buys them.

Most people I've seen wearing masks live in a rich suburb full of people with Porsches for shopping trolleys, you know architect central.

Everywhere else nobody wears anything at all.
I think the msg is that if there are 6 people evenly spread across a football field running the dogs, be calm and dont cough and sneeze at 90 deg angle . After all, you likely crossed a road or drove there, drink more than recommended, have preexisting mental issues, have a cat bla bla

If you get close like in the toilet, carpark for a chat, wear a mask.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #5852
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It sounds like you should be wearing two masks at all times even once we get through this.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #5853
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
I can't help but shake my head when I see people walking in the early hours wearing a mask or out and about with no one within cooee. And I'm talking one mask. Talk risk for a minute. Half a dozen cases across the country ( excluding Vic ). What is the chance of you copping this virus at these small levels. Even here in vic most cases are isolated to old age homes, so we have half a dozen other cases wandering the streets. If you don't want to get this thing some common sense is all that's needed.
Agree somewhat with your sentiment on wearing masks in low risk areas, but if the gov make exceptions, then people will inevitably look for loopholes or flout it. Its only temporary.

Where are you getting "half dozen"? Last update there were 3000 active cases in Vic, 1000 in aged care. Judging by past isolation stats, that would be about 1500 people running around in shopping centres, cafes and pubs if we didn't have stage 4. Gov is in a no win situation. Open up early, infections rise, people die, get lynched. I cannot see Victorians accepting another stage 4 if we have another outbreak.
Old 28-08-2020, 08:06 PM   #5854
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
I think the msg is that if there are 6 people evenly spread across a football field running the dogs, be calm and dont cough and sneeze at 90 deg angle . After all, you likely crossed a road or drove there, drink more than recommended, have preexisting mental issues, have a cat bla bla

If you get close like in the toilet, carpark for a chat, wear a mask.
What if their dog come up to mine, then the owner come running over, WITHOUT a mask, and start chit chatting.......like it happened today!! Grrrrrrrr. But she was cute so I didn't really mind.
Old 28-08-2020, 09:50 PM   #5855
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Damo, get down to St Kilda............................................. ......................quickly...

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...5298c10f8eaa13
I love a good roll of the dice and scraping the bottom of the barrel but not even yours truly would consider stooping that low
3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #5856
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I love a good roll of the dice and scraping the bottom of the barrel but not even yours truly would consider stooping that low
If it's not on, it's not on.

A roll of the dice is hooking up at a party with some strange not paying for pros
Old 28-08-2020, 10:18 PM   #5857
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
If it's not on, it's not on.

A roll of the dice is hooking up at a party with some strange not paying for pros
Fifty bucks is fifty bucks though
3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2020, 10:34 PM   #5858
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
It sounds like you should be wearing two masks at all times even once we get through this.
One down there and one up here on the nose.
Old 28-08-2020, 10:36 PM   #5859
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The only thing I've caught from this whole pandemic is dermatitis from washing my hands flat out
Old 28-08-2020, 11:05 PM   #5860
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The only thing I've caught from this whole pandemic is dermatitis from washing my hands flat out
I was always a hand washer in comparison to some of my mates who are dirty ****s but I've been probably more rigorous with it than before.

When in contact to the outside word I use sanitizer in the first instance as soon as I get back in my car.

Then I wash my hands when I get home. Same rules at work.

Apart from one week WFH trial I have been at work during the whole time and I think there has been only been one confirmed case between two buildings.

We are averaging about 400 people a day after restrictions have been lifted when there would usually be thousands.

I was actually surprised it was that many in the first place. So easy getting lifts these days
Old 28-08-2020, 11:11 PM   #5861
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I can't use the hand sanitizer crapola - causes epic dermo breakouts.

I've also gotta be careful which soap I use or I get mad dermo breakouts on the top of my hands and they start bleeding, like the liquid stuff is a no go.
Old 28-08-2020, 11:20 PM   #5862
gooseneck
Banned

Thats just the hand sanitizer doing its job of trying to melt the germs. AKA Your hands.

3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2020, 11:22 PM   #5863
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can't use the hand sanitizer crapola - causes epic dermo breakouts.

I've also gotta be careful which soap I use or I get mad dermo breakouts on the top of my hands and they start bleeding, like the liquid stuff is a no go.
Yeah gotta to just use what works for you. If it ****s you up no point just doing it to prove a point.
Old 28-08-2020, 11:29 PM   #5864
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
This is the problem I have with the group promoting the bleach enemas for autistic kids. It's child abuse pure and simple. We all have an obligation to speak out and those in leadership positions have a stronger obligation to do so. For people in a position of power to fail to speak out when they become aware of situations where harm is happening is not just a failure of leadership, it is a failure of character.

I Agree:

It is easy for a mature mind to tolerate others' opinions.

Actions, though, especially those that impact others ... this gets icchy.
Old 29-08-2020, 01:06 AM   #5865
gooseneck
Banned

Would be nice if you could refer to which part specifically is gibberish so that I could make a reply instead of what you did say.
Old 29-08-2020, 01:17 AM   #5866
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Would be nice if you could refer to which part specifically is gibberish so that I could make a reply instead of what you did say.
Your whole post is ****ed to be polite. Just being honest mate.

You are free to your own opinions of course but that might be the wildest post I have ever seen on this forum
Old 29-08-2020, 02:47 AM   #5867
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah nah. I know what I'm doing.
You do you mate. Best of luck to you.
Old 29-08-2020, 06:27 AM   #5868
PhilT2

Quote:
The bit where you say "it might be a matter of the kid eating something and it giving him autism" The changes in brain development which lead to autism happen "in utero", in the second trimester. There is a strong genetic link with autism, my family was part of a research project in the '90s to identify the genes involved.
Descriptions of autistic behaviours have been found in historical documents dated long before vaccines. In biblical times it was thought to be evidence of demon possession and some church leaders thought it best if such people were quietly strangled.
https://www.pediatric.theclinics.com...11)00139-8/pdf
2 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #5869
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Well to be fair everyone would have cleared the mask stock out.

You can't have medical professionals dropping off like flies as they are the people who care for everyone else not only dealing with the Rona but everything else too.
As i said, I am ok if they kept every mask to themselves and told the public to make one/use a scarf/buy a fabric one whatever, just don’t say something stupid like “masks actually make things worse” then the same people 6 months later advise the government that it should now be mandatory.

Old 29-08-2020, 10:39 AM   #5870
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

So which countries are COVID-19 free? Not a single case reported.

As of August 27 2020, only 12 countries have not confirmed any cases of COVID-19. Many of these countries are in our own neighbourhood.

1. NORTH KOREA, ASIA (POPULATION: 25,778,816)
2. TURKMENISTAN, ASIA (POPULATION: 6,031,200)
3. THE SOLOMON ISLANDS, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 686,884)
4. VANUATU, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 307,145)
5. SAMOA, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 198,413)
6. KIRIBATI, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 119,451)
7. FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 115,030)
8. TONGA, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 105,695)
9. THE MARSHALL ISLANDS, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 59,190)
10. PALAU, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 18,094)
11. TUVALU, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 11,793)
12. NAURU, OCEANIA (POPULATION: 10,823)

Except for North Korea, who's reporting is suspect, many of our neighbouring countries are reporting they are COVID free.
Old 29-08-2020, 10:48 AM   #5871
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
As i said, I am ok if they kept every mask to themselves and told the public to make one/use a scarf/buy a fabric one whatever, just don’t say something stupid like “masks actually make things worse” then the same people 6 months later advise the government that it should now be mandatory.
Do you really believe that if GovCo came out saying please don't buy the masks that will stop you from getting infected, save them for the medical professionals and health care workers. Only buy the masks that will stop others getting infected if you are infected please... that anyone would have actually listened??

They had to tell a white lie until stocks arrived. And that is fully understandable I would have thought.

GovCo also told people not to hoard toilet paper. Did they listen?
Old 29-08-2020, 11:10 AM   #5872
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

126 new cases for Australia and 11 deaths sees the CMR rise to 2.291% while active drop to 4,232. NSW recorded 13 cases, Queensland recorded 3 cases and WA 2 cases with the balance in Victoria.

12 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.284% and active cases rise to 131.

The UK had 1,006 new cases and as we know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines we are going to ignore those figures.

Just over 46k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,143 deaths sees CMR drop to 3.056% and active cases drop to 41.6% with the raw numbers rising again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
France recorded it's worst day since 16th April (134 days);
The USA completes 80M, India 39M and Australia 6M tests;

Czechia (413), Palestine (574), Ukraine (2,438), Indonesia (3,003) and Argentina (11,7171) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #5873
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mexico under 100 cases now with 94!
Old 29-08-2020, 11:47 AM   #5874
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Absolutely no issue, the mask may not prevent infection but will likely reduce viral load of someone’s exposure giving their immune system less to deal with initially.

Everyone needs to look after yourself and set your self for success, more studies have come out backing the basics, Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc combined with good rest will boost your immune system to where it should be and likely have you in the 99% category when it comes to this virus.

My comments on the N95 were simply correcting the mechanism of how it worked.
And therein lies the problem. We have an entire generation incapable of looking after themselves, looking at government to do that job for them. In return, the government, through its 'health agencies' have promoted zero information pertaining to good health or diet. I don't know why people believe they're health departments, they do nothing of the sort.
Old 29-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #5875
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
So which countries are COVID-19 free? Not a single case reported.

The One's who Aren't testing anybody..
Old 29-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #5876
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Other Stats:

24 (11.3%) of the 213 countries with at least one case have had no deaths. Conversely 7 countries have a CMR over 10% led by Italy with 13.365% although Yemen is actually at 28.15% but they have done almost zero testing so the numbers are obviously skewed.

14 (6.6%) of the 213 countries have no active cases currently while 33 (15.5%) still have more than 50% of their cases active.

23 (10.8%) of those countries have less than 10 cases per 100k of population while 121 (56.8%) have more than 100 cases / 100k and 55 (25.8%) have more than 500 cases / 100k led by Qatar (4,102), Bahrain (2,982), Chile (2,123), Panama (2,085), Kuwait (1,957), Peru (1,886) and the USA (1,839).

97 (45.5) countries have less than 2 deaths per 100k of population, (Australia is not one of them at 2.286) while 57 (26.8%) countries have greater than 10 deaths per 100k and 31 (14.6%) have more than 20 deaths per 100k led by Peru (85.7), Belgium (85.2), Spain (62.0), UK (61.1), USA (58.1), Italy (58.7), Chile (58.2) and Brazil (56.2).

56 (26.3%) of countries have tested greater than 10% of their population with a couple over 100% while there are 40 (18.8%) countries that have tested less than 5% including 23 (10.8%) that have tested less than 1%.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 29-08-2020, 02:10 PM   #5877
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Do you really believe that if GovCo came out saying please don't buy the masks that will stop you from getting infected, save them for the medical professionals and health care workers. Only buy the masks that will stop others getting infected if you are infected please... that anyone would have actually listened??

They had to tell a white lie until stocks arrived. And that is fully understandable I would have thought.

GovCo also told people not to hoard toilet paper. Did they listen?
Do you believe the general public would be able to outbuy "Govco" and the Medical industry at a wholesale level?

The Government and the whole medical system has proven itself incompetent in preparing themselves in purchasing enough of this relatively cheap but absolute necessary equipment when required. I mean I am sure Nancy in Rockbank would have out bid them on ebay or beaten them in the queue at Aldi.

A certain oath had this as a line

"I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure."

It was not a white lie by any definition of the term.

Old 29-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #5878
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

This could get interesting. "Perth hotel shut down amid coronavirus breach, patrons told to self-isolate"... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...hotel/12608998

And for the Sandgropers who were calling Victoria a Police state it could be happening in WA. Police locked down the Hotel giving no reason, then want everyone's details telling them to go home, self isolate and get tested ASAP.

I wonder how many will.
Old 29-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #5879
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

[QUOTE=GasoLane;6485092\
.... for the Sandgropers who were calling Victoria a Police state [/QUOTE]

I thought it was a Victorian here that called Vic a police state...that said, I would always say thay W.A is a police state.
No disagreement there

With that 'out the way', I read that about the breaches..dumb people that dont care.
I guess a lack of or another example of poor security. No lessons learned from the Victorian second wave findings
Its even more stupid here in W.A (breaches) because there has been an event to learn from.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...postcount=1389

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 29-08-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added a joke about perth
Old 29-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #5880
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stick this up the anti Vics!

Victorians are proving more resilient than the rest of Australia may realise
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...28-p55q7y.html

And this...

The Herald Sun Tried To Torpedo Dan Andrews With A Popularity Poll & It Did Not Go Well
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/heral...-opinion-poll/

68% to 32% on 175k votes.
Closed Thread