Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
sirchAU
'mechanically-challenged'

Default Do BA/BF side skirts fit on an AU?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience fitting BA/BF sedan side skirts to an AU? Mentioned this in my build thread, but thought i'd just ask out here to get a quicker response.

I'm thinking of looking for some AU3 SR/Fairmont-style stock skirts for my AU1, but they seem quite rare and I've only really been able to find BA/BF XR skirts for sale. I'm after those slim ones like on AU3 and BA-BF XT/Futura/Fairmont etc, not XR or T-Series style.

Would the B-series fit on my AU? I don't really want to have to cut them up as I really wouldn't know what I'm doing and would end up a dodge job.

Found an old thread saying B-series were longer than AU (here), then another poster (xrghiawagon) recently said they fit fine. I don't wanna get some only to find they're a few cm/mm too long.

So do they fit? Yay or nay?

If anyone has an unwanted set that they have just lying around in Melbourne area (for instance, for those here who have done a T-Series or XR kit on your stock AU3 and still have the stock skirts?), I'd be happy to take them off your hands for a negotiated (cheap) price, or a slab of beer! ;)

Thanks heaps guys,
Chris

Old 11-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Default Re: Do BA/BF side skirts fit on an AU?

From experience, no.

Oo\===/oO
Old 11-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
pundit
Gazza!

Once again, xrghiawagon doesn't know **** from clay, and is trying to act like he does. No they dont.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
pundit
Gazza!

The BA is longer thru the dogleg.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

and your a ****wit... what's new...

they fitted up fine for me, but i had a wagon. being silver i just got rid of them (wagon was an AU1 in Galaxy Blue, so I wasn't keen on having silver sideskirts).

I do also have a mate with an AU2 Fairmont, with genuine BA F6 sideskirts...
Old 11-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Ease up fellas

Oo\===/oO
Old 11-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #7
pundit
Gazza!

Wagon ones may fit wagons. But sedan ones wont unless you modify them.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
sirchAU
'mechanically-challenged'

Thanks guys. Didn't mean to start a slugging match, just wanted some clarification.

Cheers
Old 11-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
pundit
Gazza!

Wheel Base (mm) 2792 <- AU Wheelbase
Wheel Base (mm) 2829 <- BA Wheelbase

See the difference.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #10
AlfaRomeoGTV6
T Series Club Member #041

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchAU
Just wondering if anyone has any experience fitting BA/BF sedan side skirts to an AU? Mentioned this in my build thread, but thought i'd just ask out here to get a quicker response.

I'm thinking of looking for some AU3 SR/Fairmont-style stock skirts for my AU1, but they seem quite rare and I've only really been able to find BA/BF XR skirts for sale. I'm after those slim ones like on AU3 and BA-BF XT/Futura/Fairmont etc, not XR or T-Series style.

Would the B-series fit on my AU? I don't really want to have to cut them up as I really wouldn't know what I'm doing and would end up a dodge job.

Found an old thread saying B-series were longer than AU (here), then another poster (xrghiawagon) recently said they fit fine. I don't wanna get some only to find they're a few cm/mm too long.

So do they fit? Yay or nay?

If anyone has an unwanted set that they have just lying around in Melbourne area (for instance, for those here who have done a T-Series or XR kit on your stock AU3 and still have the stock skirts?), I'd be happy to take them off your hands for a negotiated (cheap) price, or a slab of beer! ;)

Thanks heaps guys,
Chris

G'day Chris

I've got a pair for sale that were on my 2001 AUII Update XR (Liquid Silver). PM me with your offer if you're interested.

Cheers mate

Ron

2002 T3 TE50 Build #099 Winter White/Blue & Black

Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
HLC
Audi S3

Wagons should fit wagons.
Utes should fit utes.

Sedans DO NOT.

/thread