Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #3031
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Not sure they can tool up until they finish production of the GT-F's (presuming GT-F is based on FGII).

I believe September is the final production month of the GT-F so October would be the earliest for FH.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #3032
XR8putts

Can't imagine there will be much to 'tool up'.

FG to FH will see new bumpers, head/tail lights, bonnet, boot lid and a new button on the inside to make parking easier or something.

Have I missed anything?
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #3033
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99 View Post
Can't imagine there will be much to 'tool up'.

FG to FH will see new bumpers, head/tail lights, bonnet, boot lid and a new button on the inside to make parking easier or something.

Have I missed anything?
I actually thought the same thing, but a few forum members informed me there are some significant changes. I'm guessing this wouldn't affect the production line though would it, nothing really would change in the assembly side of things?
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #3034
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
like vultures scavenging over a dead carcass.

What's more to see?

Just wait for full reveal now,anything else will not do the car justice.
Vultures? I am eagerly waiting this car, so too would be many on here, and that makes us vultures? That's nice of you.
Old 24-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #3035
GT014

I agree with thunder!!!!!

It's exciting seeing bits and pieces of the reveal, and AFF should be thanking spyman! The forum has never been so popular.

From that comment I'm guessing you won't be posting or viewing this thread anymore jpfs1 like us other 'vultures'

Waiting for the dash pic spyman, I'll check back later ����������
Old 24-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #3036
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

I don't need to see spy pics, doesn't mean I don't look at this thread. I've got various reasons for being interested in this thread.

My comment was just reflective of the image in my head. I saw the funnier side.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #3037
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Double post
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #3038
fordfreak

has this already been covered?

why is a car manufacturer making a car they only intent to make for about 14 months? Or have I got my facts wrong?
fordfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #3039
Guzz226

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post

why is a car manufacturer making a car they only intent to make for about 14 months? Or have I got my facts wrong?
Basically cheaper for Ford to deliver the updated model than refund the Federal Gov funding subsidy they got to develop it as part of making Falcon/Territory more fuel efficient.

Oct 2016 is the hard end date due to new emissions laws that are expensive to comply with - so basically maximising the ROI on the current FG/FH model up to the end assumming sales are still there to make it worthwhile
Guzz226 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #3040
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post

This should be no surprise, coming from a company that has a record of weird and wonderful decisions, and partly what made Ford Australia so awesome over the years.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #3041
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Double post
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #3042
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs up 1914 International in 2014 ... Sneek Peek - well it kinda looks like a Ford

Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #3043
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Righto so where is it
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
Hey,
Just be on here tomorrow night you'll prob be shocked as I was when I was shown gamma2 FH interior

Xr8 will not get the push start that this car I was shown with the new nose had.and it had the GS in the headlights where as the xr's will have that xr8 (6) and was told the base Len will have a ford badge.

The local boys were givin the hard task with all this (shut down)

If you love the current fpv car and you've put your money on the last one you'll be happy

Spyman
Old 24-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #3044
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo View Post
Righto so where is it
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #3045
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: 1914 International in 2014 ... Sneek Peek - well it kinda looks like a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace View Post
Fantastic Pic. Thanks for that.

Of Course International is a old proud brand, a year older than Ford, that's also gone from our shores, and the Iveco factory that is in its place these days is incredibly shaky too.
Old 24-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #3046
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: 1914 International in 2014 ... Sneek Peek - well it kinda looks like a Ford

double post.. Grrr
Old 24-04-2014, 11:34 PM   #3047
AUS GRUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
yeah...there's a few photoshopped pics getting around
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #3048
AUS GRUNT

hmm, i wonder where mr spyman is...i think some people are waiting for a certain something

Last edited by AUS GRUNT; 24-04-2014 at 11:52 PM.
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #3049
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
I hope Ford "Marketing" have finally recognised the massive FAIL in their Marketing Strategy - by exclusively targeting insipid 20 something females, who they seem to assume are only interested in two F's.........NO, not that....boring Fuel Economy and Facebook.

If they ever recognise there is a much wider market (than girls who are generally not interested in driving), and re-discover some testosterone, and emphasise outstanding Driving Dynamics, Exhileration, Sport Performance (etc) - and even Sex Appeal, they might run the risk of gaining some street Credibility - and actually sell some cars.

They could not go wrong by revisiting the old BA TV Ad.....which actually sold cars !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDaLxN5FIjE
The problem is that non-enthusiasts are a far wider market than enthusiasts. There aren't many people that decide to buy cars because of the way it drives. Falcon is no longer a car for the masses, but a car catered to a niche market. People who want the new Falcon probably already know about it and are waiting to put a deposit on one. People who don't know about it probably wouldn't have bought a Falcon anyway, regardless of the advertising dollars spent.

BA was twelve years ago. Back then, the car was equipped and priced competitively. I don't think that can be said for the FG nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Most young people arnt interested in driving, not just women.
They did a survey and the younger people saud they'd rather take public transport as they can play with their phone/tablets etc.
And that's a damn shame.

As soon as I was 16 and 9 months, I wanted to get my learner's permit, but dad said I had to wait another six months until I had finished year 12. The very afternoon after I had finished my last year 12 exam, I went straight to the Department of Transport to get my Learner's Permit.

Kids these days don't know what they're missing.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #3050
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
I think that was the issue. You may recall Holden tried selling a cheaper V8 (the VY SV8) but everyone who wanted a proper V8 sedan just paid a few more thousand and bought the SS.
Yeah, mine was an ex-Ford 'executive' internal management ride, so a cross between a demonstrator and second hand car, priced accordingly (30-ish?) and an absolute bargain. From memory, the 5.4 was around $5k to add to the base XT price, if ordering new.

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #3051
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post

Kids these days don't know what they're missing.
Ain't that the truth. There's been a noticeable trend (last 20 years?) of hotting up the stereo in a car, and leaving the motor stock!!! Whereas we (old bastards) had 'STP' 'Moon-equipped' and 'Wynns' stickers, these days it's 'Kenwood', 'Bose', 'Oakley'.......

Having said that, it IS amusing to see a bomb car at the lights with large subs shaking the plastic bits audibly Crackle Clack Doof Doof Crack Split.

When i'm cruising in the FG, always have to do something with the missus' sunnies, as they make a similar noise in the door pocket like a busted speaker.

Looking at V8SC crowds/followers (from where future rev-heads are spawned) there's a healthy groundswell of guys and gals coming up through the ranks, albeit in a minority of the whole populace - but there's hope!!

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Old 25-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #3052
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Not sure they can tool up until they finish production of the GT-F's (presuming GT-F is based on FGII).

I believe September is the final production month of the GT-F so October would be the earliest for FH.
Start of September is when 201X will go into production. There are small batches built every so often now, and that will increase over the next 3 or 4 months when the batches will get bigger until the date that FG production finishes, then it's all 201X.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #3053
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bossxr8
Apart from the updated ZF is there any other noticable difference in running gear etc ?
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #3054
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
That looks like something from a Pixar Film!
Old 25-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #3055
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Ain't that the truth. There's been a noticeable trend (last 20 years?) of hotting up the stereo in a car, and leaving the motor stock!!! Whereas we (old bastards) had 'STP' 'Moon-equipped' and 'Wynns' stickers, these days it's 'Kenwood', 'Bose', 'Oakley'.......

Having said that, it IS amusing to see a bomb car at the lights with large subs shaking the plastic bits audibly Crackle Clack Doof Doof Crack Split.

When i'm cruising in the FG, always have to do something with the missus' sunnies, as they make a similar noise in the door pocket image like a busted speaker.

Looking at V8SC crowds/followers (from where future rev-heads are spawned) there's a healthy groundswell of guys and gals coming up through the ranks, albeit in a minority of the whole populace - but there's hope!!
Its because fast cars on the street are becoming pointless now. You cant speed anywhere and risk losing your license or getting a yellow sticker. Its another reason why the 4WD scene is picking up.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #3056
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i wouldn't say 'these days' - people were plastering their cars with stereo stickers 15 years ago, just before the neon washer jet lights became unfortunately popular
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #3057
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

true - 'these days' meaning last 20 years or so - about 13 years after AccaDacca got 'the new singer' - doesn't time speed up!

So hopefully, one more holiday weekend (Queen's birthday) between now and release of FH, and the weeks should hopefully fly past...

I think they'll let M.Motor and Wheels get shots around June/July for a July or August pre-release issue....

Old 25-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #3058
bbbero

Hey Spyman, weren't you going to drop a couple pics for us???
bbbero is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #3059
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbero View Post
Ford security have caught him and he is being waterboarded by Ford Customer Service Centre for releasing info.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #3060
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbero View Post
he will, code for put them up tom night...... is next week i don,t even really care what the new falcon looks like. but do what you say your going to do. your word is all you got and i rekon it takes more than a tail light or a dash to get creditability in my eyes . but hay it may be just me and i suck.

you have access as close as some of those pics are you have access to the whole car in every way. either post or don't. but don't string people along.

hate me if you like ......

Last edited by strik9; 25-04-2014 at 06:48 PM.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: