Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
AussieMondeo
Starter Motor

Default 2012 Mondeo Titanium 2.0 ecoboost

Hello all,

I recently purchased the above vehicle. I am very impressed with the quality of the car and I got it at a decent price as the bulk of the depreciation had already happened. My question is that the vehicle has never been serviced by the Ford service centre since it was purchased. I'm wondering if there are any TSB's or recalls that it may have missed out on that will need addressing? - a rarely use the dealership servicing on any of the vehicles I have purchased as the one in Tasmania is ordinary at best. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
AussieMondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
Matty7D
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2012 Mondeo Titanium 2.0 ecoboost

Hi there,
I have had the 2012 TDCi Titanium for 3 years now (bought new) and am unaware of any recalls. Loving every drive, its a brilliant car.
Matty7D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #3
AussieMondeo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty7D View Post
Hi there,
I have had the 2012 TDCi Titanium for 3 years now (bought new) and am unaware of any recalls. Loving every drive, its a brilliant car.
Thanks for that Matty. Do you have yours serviced by a dealer or private?
Old 12-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
Matty7D
Starter Motor

So far its been all dealer services, but we'll probably change to private soon once the capped servicing is over.
Matty7D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #5
cyclone1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty7D View Post
Hi there,
The only recall has been for the addition of a service item for the Powershift transmission at the 60k service. Prior to that, the transmission oil change at the 60k service was not listed.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
AussieMondeo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone1410 View Post
The only recall has been for the addition of a service item for the Powershift transmission at the 60k service. Prior to that, the transmission oil change at the 60k service was not listed.
Excellent - thanks for that. I have noticed a slight vibration around 60km/h in mine (seems to change one gear too low) so will get it checked while still under statutory warranty.
Old 13-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #7
morts
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMondeo View Post
Excellent - thanks for that. I have noticed a slight vibration around 60km/h in mine (seems to change one gear too low) so will get it checked while still under statutory warranty.
My Ecoboost does the same, seems to change up a gear a little too early & when the engine loads either through (even quite light) acceleration or a hill you can feel it for a couple of seconds.
morts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #8
AussieMondeo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by morts View Post
My Ecoboost does the same, seems to change up a gear a little too early & when the engine loads either through (even quite light) acceleration or a hill you can feel it for a couple of seconds.
Thanks for your reply Morts. Did you have it checked by Ford? i'm wondering if I should get it looked at.
Old 14-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #9
morts
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMondeo View Post
Thanks for your reply Morts. Did you have it checked by Ford? i'm wondering if I should get it looked at.
It's due for the 1st major service in May, I'll ask but my guess it's just the way it's programmed to operate.
morts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post