Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
BA SR FALCON

Default help with mondao motor inline use?

Can a mondao motor be used inline.. for a project of mine, was told they had a dohc motor is this true, and if so witch one is the strongest ? cheers Darryl

BA SR FALCON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: help with mondao motor inline use?

Which Mondeo motor, and what are you going to use it for? I think open wheel racing class in Australia uses a Mondeo (or similar) engine and they are RWD...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
BA SR FALCON

Becouse its a custom fit i can use any one i like but home work has to be done as to what they have and witch is best 4 me.. are they all dohc motors? And what are they called eg; SR20, 4age ?
Old 16-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Depends on the model you're going to source a motor from, but as far as I'm aware they were all DOHC. Also see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mondeo

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
BA SR FALCON

So they are all fitted with zteck's ? just diffrent sizes..
Old 16-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Mickmelb

If you want outright performance you couldn't go past a Honda K20A 160kw@ 8000 rpm. If your specifically looking for a ford engine try EV Works in West Aus. Rumor has it they have a few brand new Ford 2L Duratec motors they have pulled out of Focus' that have been converted to electric that could be brought for a very good price.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Saw a old Morris Minor a while back that had been fitted with an engine out of the original Holden Cruze, not the latest one but a few years back Holden had a small SUV that was RWD and had a 1.5lt twin cam engine that had a basic efi set up and the owner of the morrie said it was a very simple process to get it running. Don't know how much power your looking for but it might be worth looking at. Take it from somebody who has done it....... trying to turn around an east west design than mating a clutch and gearbox to it for RWD can be a nightmare...!

Last edited by paulie0735; 16-03-2011 at 06:37 PM.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post