Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #181
big_waity
Windsor Man!

All this talk of cookies and donuts is making me hungry! Actually, I'm doing surprisingly well. I haven't had anything to eat or drink besides water since my meal reaplacement shake at about 11 this morning. Normally, I have lunch around 1-2ish, have a pretty big lunch and im then hungry by the time i get home. Now, I'm vaguely thinking of the idea of eating. I reckon this could be the shot. I might head down town and see what options are available.

Waity.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-07-2005, 09:42 AM   #182
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

It is now 5 days since the 10 th when I last posted. My weight has come down from 95 kg to 91.4 kgs in that time. I know that most of this is gastric emptying and my salt levels coming down.Im drinking alot of water. Salt causes water retention.. If people lose weight this fast it is important to keep an eye on urine. If it is a dark yellow colour this indicated muscle breakdown and can be dangerous..The remedy for this is to increase calories or protein to counter the problem.

If anyone has noticed it in themselves they will start to feel de-bloated.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 09:44 PM   #183
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Does anybody in here frequent a gym? Surely this would be easier than getting yourself out of bed to go brave the cold for a run?
FordGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #184
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
No worries champ. Will do. You should change your name though. Now I wanna go eat some donuts. That, or just go do some donuts, neither of which are very healthy. ;)

Hehe, the name comes from my boyfriend Donut King and i believe it was the non-edible donuts that originated the name ;)
Great advice from Dogbreath_48 about selling a car: "umm..maybe edit your post a little bit. Leave out the bit about running over over your dog, remove the word 'sic', as well as the aformentioned washing/tidying!"
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #185
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

So... has everyone gone into hibernation over the winter?

And now that the weather is starting to warm up, are you now thinking about turning up at the beach in your swimmers, only to be rolled back into the ocean by well-meaning hippies?

The above has described me, so as of last night I am doing something about it. The 5kg I have gained eating comforting warm food is going, along with the rest. I started playing netball again last night (we won our first game as a brand new team - most of these chicks haven't played since primary school). And I am planning to exercise in some way every day.

I am kissing the large amounts of chockie goodbye, and am embracing fruit as my substitute...

How bout everyone else, any "summer's coming, better get fit" dieting tips?

Quote:
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #186
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi

Eat less. Nah, I am still going with my meal replacement shakes. Don't know if it is making a difference. I still don't own any scales that work, so I haven't weighed myself. I also can't find my way into my wife's sewing room so I can't get the tape measure. I've decided to start walking home from work, which as much as I hate walking, isn't all that bad. Hopefully it all makes a difference.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:20 PM   #187
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

If you guys think losing weight is hard, Try being a teenage male with a lightning fast metabolism and trying to gain weight...

F***ing impossible.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #188
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Exercise, exercise, exercise, eating low fat and drinking shakes will do nothing for you, you need to get out and get phyisical!

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #189
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
Exercise, exercise, exercise, eating low fat and drinking shakes will do nothing for you, you need to get out and get phyisical!
Yeah, I know, but exercise takes thought and effort. I'd much rather skip meals and sleep less.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #190
neb
hibernating

I've lost 9kgs since the start of the year... Gone from 74kgs to 65kg. This is just from a change of lifestyle.. mainly from watching what I'm eating I'm always eating fairly healthy food, occasionally a bit of junk but not very often at all. drink alot of water. Don't drink alcohol anywhere near as much as I used to.. gone from getting drunk almost every weekend to having a few drinks maybe once every 2 months. And a little bit of exercise as well. My work pants are too big for me.. I've had to drill extra holes in my belts lol. It's a good feeling.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 04:54 PM   #191
Danny
GT4.

I reckon it's time for me to start something. I'm becoming a little bigger of late, And i've noticed my face is getting rounder. Its just so difficult with uni and work and such! anyone in the same boat with suggestions??
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 02:05 PM   #192
neb
hibernating

Hey Dan.. Just watch what you're eating.. try and eat healthy food alot and stay away from junk takeaway etc. If you can walk instead of driving if its a short trip.. try and take some time to do exercise.. walking, etc. go to a gym.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #193
Franky
Bring back the Phase

One tip is to watch what you eat on your subway....

I've been eating a healthy turkey sub every couple of days for lunch with no cheese and on plain white bread and found out yesterday that southwest adds 10g of fat and thats just for the small bastard. I hate to think of the times when I would have a footlong on the fancy bread with southwest sauce and cheese...

Adding it up it's well past 50g :(
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 07:20 AM   #194
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Racer

I've been eating a healthy turkey sub every couple of days for lunch with no cheese and on plain white bread and found out yesterday that southwest adds 10g of fat and thats just for the small bastard. I hate to think of the times when I would have a footlong on the fancy bread with southwest sauce and cheese...

You're kidding me??!! HOLY SHYTE - I love sweet onion, I'd better find out how much it's worth fatwise.

Danny, when you only have a little to lose - take it easy on the junk food for a month or so, include some incidental exercise (take the stairs, park at the other end of the carpark so you have to walk to the entrance, etc etc) as well as doing daily exercise like going to the gym, swimming, walking/jogging etc.

It's a good idea that if you find yourself loosening a notch on the belt to put a bit of effort in and reap the rewards. It's harder if you ignore it, or let it go, or are too busy (with kids!) to look after yourself - and end up 20kg overweight and your body has been on so many diets that it is becoming weight loss resistant... :

Quote:
Old 04-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #195
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Well my energy levels are absoutely on the climb.I am getting stronger and stronger.My left shoulder still hurts from my smash some time ago ..but it is not going to become my excuse for quitting!!

The irritation in my fractured rib seems to be less too... Whoever is doing this...dont give up...I will be switching my diet to a larger portion of lean protein sources as summer is around the corner.

It is a scientific fact that protein in itself burns more calories in digestion that carbohydrates use more energy to be assimilated into the body over high fat foods...So if you eat a higher proportion of protein you will be simultaneously be burning more calories just by doing so...

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again

Last edited by Stav; 04-08-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #196
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Well my energy levels are absoutely on the climb.I am getting stronger and stronger.My left shoulder still hurts from my smash some time ago ..but it is not going to become my excuse for quitting!!

The irritation in my fractured rib seems to be less too... Whoever is doing this...dont give up...I will be switching my diet to a larger portion of lean protein sources as summer is around the corner.

It is a scientific fact that protein in itself burns more calories in digestion that carbohydrates use more energy to be assimilated into the body over high fat foods...So if you eat a higher proportion of protein you will be simultaneously be burning more calories just by doing so...
Go Useless, Go Useless, Go Useless, Go Useless e

Ok well I'd better get into more vegetarian proteins and ease off the carbs then, hard to do for me though but I will try.

Although I was looksying at the glucose diet, that seems to make sense to me too.

Good luck everyone, I'm starting to walk or swim every weekday again, plus the netball on a Monday night (gotta keep my knee support on though). I forgot how much I enjoy exercise once the panting/pain subsides lol

Quote:
Old 05-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #197
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:

Try getting the wholemeal bread instead of the white....much lower GI and will be used for energy throughout the day instead of being stored as fat.
Anything white is not good, White bread, potatoes, ect....

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #198
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Actually potatoes are not that bad. If you need something filling a potato is a good option. Generally white things are bad because they've been processed a lot but obviously potatoes aren't really processed. A medium sized potato is about 500 kj. Considering the average woman needs about 7500 kj a day to keep a constant weight (with moderate activity level) its not really a big chunk of your daily allowance and it will make you feel full. Just my opinion.
Great advice from Dogbreath_48 about selling a car: "umm..maybe edit your post a little bit. Leave out the bit about running over over your dog, remove the word 'sic', as well as the aformentioned washing/tidying!"
Old 06-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #199
bindi

I think the main issue with potatoes, why they are labelled "bad", is because of the toppings we tend to put on them (sour cream, cheese, butter, etc).

Also they do tend to burn up pretty quickly as far as the insulin/glucose issue so not good for diabetics.

But just wait, in 5 years' time they'll be telling us they were wrong and that potatoes are Super Foods. They (so called weight loss experts) change their minds more often than a hooker takes her knickers off :voldar02:

Quote:
Old 06-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #200
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Go Useless, Go Useless, Go Useless, Go Useless e

Ok well I'd better get into more vegetarian proteins and ease off the carbs then, hard to do for me though but I will try.

Although I was looksying at the glucose diet, that seems to make sense to me too.

Good luck everyone, I'm starting to walk or swim every weekday again, plus the netball on a Monday night (gotta keep my knee support on though). I forgot how much I enjoy exercise once the panting/pain subsides lol
Dont simply go glucose diet......You need a balanced meal Bindi. I would hate to see you get physically active and not lose weight from excess glucose which is a simplified form of ..sugar.Sugar that is not used tuernsto fat

The problems in our diets are too much hidden fat,too much sugar and too many hidden chemicals in our foods.

Buy more veges,more lean chicken,fish and cut fat off meat before cooking.Also fried food doubles in fat calories many times.

Vegetarian proteins generally lack the amount of protein as a steak.

The other trick is to have breakfast then at 10-1030 eat a small can of tuna and 1 piece of fruit.

For lunch do the same or have a chicken breast with potatoes and veges...no gravy.

At 3pm again just a snacksize serving of lean meat and water

Ps after 3pm eat no carbs at all.

6pm dinner? Veges and a steak (no fat)

In 6 weeks I promise people will comment on your change.But you have to keep up physical activity.Some light weights will go a long way.

On Saturday night go out and pig out on kentucky maccas or anything you like.But keep it strictly to once a week .This night helps to restore any dpleted fat dependant nutrients to the body...

In 3 months you will be stopping traffic in the streets...

Old 06-08-2005, 09:47 AM   #201
bindi

It is a common misconception that vegetarians eat chicken and fish. This is not the way it is. Vegetarians eat no meat but will eat products derived from animals such as eggs and milk products.

Vegans will eat nothing that is derived from animals and that includes not wearing leather products or eating eggs or milk.

So I eat lentils, pulses, nuts etc but I will still eat eggs and cheese etc. At this stage. I am so anti-meat that I am seriously considering going vegan (can't help being an animal lover).

Quote:
Old 06-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #202
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I eat pretty much just meat. Well thats the majority of my diet. I have the occasional serve of pasta and rice. I really dont like veggies. They taste like crap IMO. It works though. Im big and strong and didnt have to get that crap dished down my throat.

Ive gone from 95-76kgs but retain my muscle. All i did is cut out all the little junk snacks, butter, and use less salt.

"Did you say steak?"

"No MISTAKE"

"Oh now you got me all excited"

mmmm steak...
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #203
Stav
Smile

Quote:
It is a common misconception that vegetarians eat chicken and fish. This is not the way it is. Vegetarians eat no meat but will eat products derived from animals such as eggs and milk products.

Vegans will eat nothing that is derived from animals and that includes not wearing leather products or eating eggs or milk.

So I eat lentils, pulses, nuts etc but I will still eat eggs and cheese etc. At this stage. I am so anti-meat that I am seriously considering going vegan (can't help being an animal lover).
Thats cool I did not realise that you are a vegetarian. Eggs are fine but try to remove the yellow..it is 100%fat..

Old 07-08-2005, 07:23 PM   #204
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Thats cool I did not realise that you are a vegetarian. Eggs are fine but try to remove the yellow..it is 100%fat..
Yes but full of the good fats...omega 3,6,9...which is very important for hormones and also is very good for your libido :1syellow1

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 08:50 PM   #205
Franky
Bring back the Phase

All I have done is cut out snacks inbetween and casually look at the amount of fat in the foods i'm eating. It' started pretty slow and at times it fluctuates but in the last month the weight in going down over a kg a week.

Started at 107.5kg now down to 89kg and still at least another 10 maybe 15 to go.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #206
Franky
Bring back the Phase

just looking at a previous post and I said the exact same thing at 99kg....

my height is around 175cm tall and i'm 17 years old, is 80-90kg the ideal range? If I get to 80 will it be a much bigger effect than 100-90?

For people who have lost a fair bit of weight at what stage did you look and say geez I look pretty good atm?

:edit: this site says I have another 12kg to go... bring it on
http://www.wdxcyber.com/bmi.htm#idealm

Last edited by Franky; 07-08-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #207
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino302
Yes but full of the good fats...omega 3,6,9...which is very important for hormones and also is very good for your libido :1syellow1
The egg yoke is 100% cholesterol actually I was wrong.Not fat.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:16 PM   #208
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Quote:
just looking at a previous post and I said the exact same thing at 99kg....

my height is around 175cm tall and i'm 17 years old, is 80-90kg the ideal range? If I get to 80 will it be a much bigger effect than 100-90?

For people who have lost a fair bit of weight at what stage did you look and say geez I look pretty good atm?

:edit: this site says I have another 12kg to go... bring it on
http://www.wdxcyber.com/bmi.htm#idealm
BMI's are a good indication but just remember that they don't take into account how much of your weight is fat and how much is muscle. You can be a big guy but mostly muscle and that's a lot healthier than a small guy that's all fat and no muscle. Just try to get healthy, not to get thin. Well that's my opinion.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #209
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
BMI's are a good indication but just remember that they don't take into account how much of your weight is fat and how much is muscle. You can be a big guy but mostly muscle and that's a lot healthier than a small guy that's all fat and no muscle. Just try to get healthy, not to get thin. Well that's my opinion.
Yes a lot of people associate being skinny with being healthy. There is a difference between fit and healthy. Lol im neither of the two.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 07:30 AM   #210
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yes a lot of people associate being skinny with being healthy. There is a difference between fit and healthy. Lol im neither of the two.
Yes I know what you mean (I am neither of the two either - hey that rhymes!). My sister is a size 10-12 but is not fit, just slim. When I was in high school I was a size 12-14 yet I would puff after playing basketball for 10 minutes

I am sick of trying to "lose weight" all the time, and instead have decided that the real way to living a long and health-issue-free life is to be HEALTHY and FIT. For example, I have stomach fat and don't want to get diabetes. I have bad knees, and the excess weight is making them very unhappy and sore. I get puffed out too quickly and would prefer to be able to run alot with the kids than sit down all red in the face from trying... _

I started pushbike riding yesterday with hubby and the kids, and really enjoyed it actually (surprised the hell out of me lol). I am also playing netball again, and am going to exercise every day. That's the aim, even if it's a few sit ups and a bit of gardening... my garden is in serious need of help so it's more heavy duty than just weeding a bit lol.

Let's go ppl, let's get rid of the fat and replace it with being able to breathe after walking up and down a flight of stairs!!!

Quote: