Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #1801
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
them days are bound to happen randomly and to anyone poppa, like myself today, although no where near as bad as yours l gotta decide weather l pay a water bill, or pay for mum & dads 25th anniversary gift witch l've already poured a fair amount of cash into and if it don't get paid good bye to the money already invested, what would you guys do?
Legally they can't turn your water off even if you don't pay. Give em a call and tell them when you will pay
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #1802
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers guys called the water company and its all good they gave me a 2 week extension.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #1803
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Checking your business email account every day like you should and delete all the rubbish emails from OS trying to sell you advice / site upgrades. No one real customer email.
Pretty much the same pattern for the past several weeks....

The 3 days you don't check it you find several emails from customers wanting to ask questions / wanting further info etc.

Hate it...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #1804
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Checking your business email account every day like you should and delete all the rubbish emails from OS trying to sell you advice / site upgrades. No one real customer email.
Pretty much the same pattern for the past several weeks....

The 3 days you don't check it you find several emails from customers wanting to ask questions / wanting further info etc.

Hate it...
been there done that...... damn Ford forums I spend too much time here.
Old 22-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #1805
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I hate it when I go down to pump some yabbies,(nippers to you eastern state types), only to find some bloody tourist already in my favorite spot raping the place by pumping every little hole in a 15-20m radius until the entire area looks like a carpet bombed war zone. The spot I pump is over 70m wide and 70m+ deep on a .1 tide, and locals know to just pump every couple of holes and spread out over the entire spot to just thin the herd as it were, not just devestate one spot till it's devoid of life. Now, what was the thickest population density in the whole spot, is destroyed and is going to take a year or more to recover.

Farquing ignorant tourists, grrrrrrrrrrrr.......

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #1806
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sparkies.....bloody hell I'm hating them more and more, not only do they not keep appointment's, charge more than the local quack but they then don't keep to the original quote and flog my tools.

2 screwdrivers, 1 tape measure, a shifter and a hammer I've found missing so far.......I'm gonna send him a bill for the tools and see how he likes those banana's.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #1807
Spurious

In regard to the previous posts about touching peoples rides,

I had a cousin recently who took his 2 sons to a car show.(let's say they're 10 & 12)
He promptly put pics up on facebook featuring his boys leaning on some of the cars. GTS HQ's & all. I was horrified!

Looking back it was a bad move on my part, but I couldn't help myself. I just had to say something.

I pointed out THE OBVIOUS that the owners of these vehicles love them with a passion, & having people maul them is why a lot more enthusiasts won't bring their cars to shows.
"You should teach your boys some respect, they shouldn't be leaning on those cars" I said!

Well, didn't that kick it off....

First his ex- jumped in (the boys mum), stating that they DO have respect which is why the boys weren't touching the cars with their hands!

I politely pointed out her naivety by telling her it's not hands that are the problem, it's things like rivets in jeans, buttons, zippers etc. All of these things can damage paintwork without you even knowing.

Then their dad jumped in. Apparently I'm rude & should keep my opinions to myself....having "tarnished" his beautiful photos with my comments.
Then he "unfriended" me on facebook!!!

I struggled for weeks to decide which was more immature, me voicing my "unnecessary" opinion, or the fact he "unfriended" me.

Suffice to say that I was already in a position of NOT being popular with their side of the family (my mums upper class sister & her kids) as I tend to speak my mind & they much prefer to say nothing & then gossip behind your back.

Funny though that my mum (& my other nearest & dearests) found this whole sag rather amusing.

So, pointing out the obvious but not foreseeing the outcome................Geez I Hate That!!!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #1808
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
In regard to the previous posts about touching peoples rides,

I had a cousin recently who took his 2 sons to a car show.(let's say they're 10 & 12)
He promptly put pics up on facebook featuring his boys leaning on some of the cars. GTS HQ's & all. I was horrified!

Looking back it was a bad move on my part, but I couldn't help myself. I just had to say something.

I pointed out THE OBVIOUS that the owners of these vehicles love them with a passion, & having people maul them is why a lot more enthusiasts won't bring their cars to shows.
"You should teach your boys some respect, they shouldn't be leaning on those cars" I said!

Well, didn't that kick it off....

First his ex- jumped in (the boys mum), stating that they DO have respect which is why the boys weren't touching the cars with their hands!

I politely pointed out her naivety by telling her it's not hands that are the problem, it's things like rivets in jeans, buttons, zippers etc. All of these things can damage paintwork without you even knowing.

Then their dad jumped in. Apparently I'm rude & should keep my opinions to myself....having "tarnished" his beautiful photos with my comments.
Then he "unfriended" me on facebook!!!

I struggled for weeks to decide which was more immature, me voicing my "unnecessary" opinion, or the fact he "unfriended" me.

Suffice to say that I was already in a position of NOT being popular with their side of the family (my mums upper class sister & her kids) as I tend to speak my mind & they much prefer to say nothing & then gossip behind your back.

Funny though that my mum (& my other nearest & dearests) found this whole sag rather amusing.

So, pointing out the obvious but not foreseeing the outcome................Geez I Hate That!!!!

I think you were doing the right thing telling them not to do it, better a family member suggesting over a really ****ed off enthusiast after their car gets damaged

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #1809
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
sparkies.....bloody hell I'm hating them more and more, not only do they not keep appointment's, charge more than the local quack but they then don't keep to the original quote and flog my tools.

2 screwdrivers, 1 tape measure, a shifter and a hammer I've found missing so far.......I'm gonna send him a bill for the tools and see how he likes those banana's.
Actually Sparkys I'm happy with plumbers on the other hand

1st the good sparkie story

demolishing old home, need to disconnect power install privet pole and run 3 phase from the street to the shed (100m) sparky, quotes me the parts and estimates labor, orders cable etc as his supplier didn't have a full 100m role in stock, was supposed to be delivered at 9am but didn't arrive until 2pm

Sparky starts all the meter box work at 1;30 and sends apprentice to supplier to meet courier at 2 for the cable, they then run the cable through the conduit and terminate switching my power on at 10:45pm labor price charged only increased by $100 for the after hours work this meant no spoiled food in the fridge and I could have a hot shower that night

Plumbers
Plumber/we cant come out to quote before 8am or after 3pm as our guys finish at 3:30
Me/ I cant give you the job if you cant give me an estimate.
Plumber/ Yea we're not really interested in the job to be honest with you

This guy had dicked me round for 2 weeks prior not showing up for appointments to quote

Old 24-02-2015, 01:53 PM   #1810
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

plumbers here are good, the one I use is a great bloke, after hours, no extra cost, not a problem unless he's had a couple of beers......

sparkies and their offsiders I've got to watch like hawk's, especially if my shed is open, or I leave my tool bag unattended, the buggers grab my gear for a job then put it in the ute with theirs at pack up time....they tried to take my brand new makita 18v driver just a while ago.

they charged me for 30 mrs of 6mm cable plus conduit and breakers and earth leakage detectors........for a start the trench was only 20 odd feet (I should know, I dug the bloody thing) and I already had the breakers in place and the flexible conduit I know they got from the local supplier as a "run out" gift, cost them nothing.

I'm just getting a bit jack of it all, I do all the hard work and they come in and still charge like wounded bull's.

this lot should be finished today, then I got another extension to do so I'll go to the next sparkie in the phone book to see if he is any better for that one.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #1811
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Plumbers .. pah! , Had the local mob turn up to quote me on replacing some gas line to make my new gas stove compliant. After turning up a day and a half late, (and I'd seen their ute go past my place at least twice in that time), he then ummed and ahhed for 10 minutes before finally quoting me something like $1200 for the job. I looked him in the eye and said, "you don't really want to do this job do you", "not really", he says. "Then why did you even bother to come out here FFS?. You just wasted my time and yours when you could have just phoned it in..... See ya..."
Ended up getting an old school plumber to come out from Pt Lincoln 60km away who came, looked, went away and returned to do the job then charged me $450 total including all materials and a new regulator. I was so happy with the job I gave him $600 that day and he's been my go to guy ever since and he's always given me a good price and never squeezed me for the cash if I don't have it that week.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #1812
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

The way music is going now. My roots are in the '60's but mainly in the 70's. Some '80's stuff was OK but some pretty faggy music came out then.

I generally listen to MMM as they are mostly tolerable but lately I'm hearing a lot of stuff that sounds strongly of folk type music......... AND I HATE IT!!!!! Sounds like the sort of thing sung by w a n k e r s with hair buns.

Grrrrr...... Getting old and cranky......

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #1813
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

anything but that bloody doof doof rubbish......I really hate that crap, I wonder what the next "in thing" will be and what nationality our young will follow.

Old 26-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #1814
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
The way music is going now. My roots are in the '60's but mainly in the 70's. Some '80's stuff was OK but some pretty faggy music came out then.

I generally listen to MMM as they are mostly tolerable but lately I'm hearing a lot of stuff that sounds strongly of folk type music......... AND I HATE IT!!!!! Sounds like the sort of thing sung by w a n k e r s with hair buns.

Grrrrr...... Getting old and cranky......
Yep, sadly there was only one Freddy Mercury
Old 27-02-2015, 02:51 PM   #1815
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Yep, sadly there was only one Freddy Mercury
was never a massive queen fan, but was at the Foo fighters last night and man they covered under pressure well

Old 02-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #1816
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The people who created Australian Standards, seriously some of the rules they have in there with regards to civil & structural engineering are Soooo annoying!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #1817
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

replaced the window actuator over the weekend, done everything right, but now it's noisy and sounding rough.........hate when that happens.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #1818
brennan.

Vacuuming a rear parcel shelf. Horrible dirt trapping carpet in general actually.

I'm off to the "gawd, I love that" thread to negate this little whinge.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #1819
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

When your (leather/wood) steering wheel is worn in one place about 7cm (3") long and it's damn near impossible to get a colour match without the Leatherique agents, who are 5 hrs away, having a sample.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #1820
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sent an email to my internet provider through their website yesterday - it wasn't delivered because they don't accept emails from people they don't know! It said to phone them and the email would then be allowed through. WTF?

Silly me (I had no choice really) phoned them this morning - 63 mins on hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I emailed them again and let them have both barrels - I didn't think it was right to blast the poor guy who eventually answered.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #1821
TRAU BLAU

Talking Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post

Ex-mechanics are the worst.One stole my socket-set after pretending to fix my car!
Old 05-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #1822
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Has this happened multiple times? If not I've edited it to how I think it should have been written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU BLAU View Post
An ex-mechanic was the worst. He/she stole my socket-set after pretending to fix my car!
Which demonstrates my "Geez, I hate that", I just hate seeing everyone from an industry cast as unethical/thieving/dishonest/lazy based on the actions of one or two persons in that industry and/or one interaction with them.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #1823
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Every time, through convenience only, I shop at the Chemist Warehouse I come out fuming. They always stuff up what I have asked for and the general level of customer service is pathetic. But its "Australia's Cheapest Chemist"
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #1824
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Every time, through convenience only, I shop at the Chemist Warehouse I come out fuming. They always stuff up what I have asked for and the general level of customer service is pathetic. But its "Australia's Cheapest Chemist"

dont go asking the pretty young ladies about the smallest size condoms, or what will help you 'hold it together' while bonking, they treat you accordingly
Old 09-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #1825
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

After getting excited about new smaller, lighter and quicker laptops are coming to your team and finding out you aren't actually getting one and you're stuck with your ancient, slow and heavy rectangular shaped frisbee.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #1826
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

having my wife cut my sandwich into 4 pieces......I only like it it cut in half, I can't eat four!!!

Geez! I hate cheese and pickle sandwiches, one day I will stop making them and make something else.

3 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #1827
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People asking what something is worth and the cliché response;

"It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it".
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #1828
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Two weeks ago, I had what I thought was a loose top radiator hose - blew all the coolant over the engine and I had to call out the rescue corolla to bring a screwdriver and more distilled water.

Seemed to be OK since and after I worked at the Clipsal, I have had the last week off - go back to work tomorrow!!

Sorry getting to it - "Geeze I hate That" Finding that it wasn't a loose radiator hose clamp but a broken outlet on my plastic tank - only place I could find a radiator at lunchtime on a long weekend - REPCO!!!

Why couldn't I have found the problem last week when I was home?????

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #1829
TRAU BLAU

Red face Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post
Has this happened multiple times? If not I've edited it to how I think it should have been written.

Which demonstrates my "Geez, I hate that", I just hate seeing everyone from an industry cast as unethical/thieving/dishonest/lazy based on the actions of one or two persons in that industry and/or one interaction with them.
Nothing seriously suggested but it's an old saying:".....you know what they say about ex-mechanics!"
Old 11-03-2015, 02:53 PM   #1830
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Roller door remote just gave up the ghost.....Modern gear and it's electronics are great but hell when they go wrong we realise just how much we rely on them.

pain in the posterior to get into and out of the house now......