Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #31
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
It all depends on what option boxes were ticked.
Dont think its options Russ i think it was from a certain month, my old AUII XR6 ha dcolour coded mirrors from factory
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #32
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so what's the difference between these two rear ends? the fronts are the same. blueprint is a 2002 AU3, mercury silver is a 2001 AUII.

cheers, Anthony

edit: was the blueprint optioned with the FULL bodykit or did it come standard?
also, is the silver 1 a 200 or 220kw? i checked that other thread but still can't work it out. i don't think it is though, which means that it's one of the last that got the 200kw engine.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #33
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

^^^^ The rear bar The Liquid Silver one is the Tickford awesomeness one which was an option on SII & SIII. The Blueprint one is the plain old Rebel rear bar which was standard fitment on the SII Rebel XR8 and also on the SIII XR8 while optional on the XR6.

The Silver one is a 220, you can see the badge below the XR8 badge on the boot.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #34
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
^^^^ The rear bar The Liquid Silver one is the Tickford awesomeness one which was an option on SII & SIII. The Blueprint one is the plain old Rebel rear bar which was standard fitment on the SII Rebel XR8 and also on the SIII XR8 while optional on the XR6.

The Silver one is a 220, you can see the badge below the XR8 badge on the boot.
cheers russ, you're a bloody legend! :
so how come the blueprint doesn't have the tickford badge on it, is it just because it's been 'nicked' etc.? the liquid silver is a 2001 model, correct me if i'm wrong (which i probably am) but didn't the 220kw come out in april 2001? also, approximately how much do you could pick up an '01 AU2 XR8 for?
cheers for the help so far, Anthony
Old 07-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #35
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity_avisGT
cheers russ, you're a bloody legend! :
so how come the blueprint doesn't have the tickford badge on it, is it just because it's been 'nicked' etc.? the liquid silver is a 2001 model, correct me if i'm wrong (which i probably am) but didn't the 220kw come out in april 2001? also, approximately how much do you could pick up an '01 AU2 XR8 for?
cheers for the help so far, Anthony
The Tickford badge on the boot is not a factory item so it has been added to the silver one, the Blueprint ones rear is as factory.

The 220 came out in June or July IIRC, but don't quote me on that. As for a price for an 01 XR8 with a 220, for one in good nick you "should" get one for the mid teens, 200kw version will be a little less.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #36
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
The Tickford badge on the boot is not a factory item so it has been added to the silver one, the Blueprint ones rear is as factory.

The 220 came out in June or July IIRC, but don't quote me on that. As for a price for an 01 XR8 with a 220, for one in good nick you "should" get one for the mid teens, 200kw version will be a little less.
so the silver one is like this one (wehaveignition's), except he hasn't got the series 2 badge???

cheers, Anthony
Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #37
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity_avisGT
so the silver one is like this one (wehaveignition's), except he hasn't got the series 2 badge???

cheers, Anthony
Yep, they're twins.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #38
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Yep, they're twins.
except wehaveignition's has no series2 badge and the one in my previous post with the blueprint has a series3 badge instead of the two and has the extra tickford badge?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #39
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also, how come some are clear and some aren't?http://www.aufalcon.com/imagesDB/ite...0901011414.jpg
Old 08-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #40
MGM
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

13g is a bit much for a 6, i paid 13 for my series 3 XR6 ute 2 yrs ago when i was 18, but its ok, it was my second car, and what a great car it is, never had problems
*touch's wood*
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #41
Cookie-XR8
SKID IT

the au had lots of different choices, would of hated to buy one new, i wouldn't know where to start with the options

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums
Cookie-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post