Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question New Flash for Dash?

(like my little rhyme?)

I think I read somewhere theres updated software the dealers can flash into your trip computer so the dash has instant fuel consumption and perhaps one or two other functions.

Anyone have any more details?
Is this for all models or only the high end dash?
Is it being done as part of std service or is by request only?
IS it free or pay?
Im about to book my zetec in for 15,000 and wondered if i shoud ask for it.

bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

There's been a few references lately in other threads to instant fuel consumption figures. I must confess to being a little confused. My Zetec has instant as well as average fuel consumption. It is a May 08 build so maybe it is standard now. Other threads seem to suggest you can have it updated through your dealer, so ask the question.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Mine went for service today, no updated displays were added.

Though that doesn't mean they don't exist, ford may have been lazy as per usual.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
TheColonel

It does exist, i think cars shipped since around march would have this already.
It's not something the dealer will do as part of a service, besides that the time it apparently takes around 30mins that you wont want to pay for....
Old 02-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Why would it take so long? If it's just an ECU flash I thought it would've taken only a few minutes. Unless they have to program it as well or something. Maybe Ford just trying to make a bit of extra money?

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
warren77

Mine is an April compliance plate and has instant fuel usage.

A flash update - if it aint broke, dun't fix it!
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
Mine is an April compliance plate and has instant fuel usage.

A flash update - if it aint broke, dun't fix it!
that's for sure my Nokia now is stuffed because I updated it and stops audio from working what's more you cannot rollback the firmware

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
TheColonel

I don't pay for anything, my lil brother is a ford tech... but yeah that's how long it took to upload and what not... it's not an ECU flash it's the instrument cluster update....
Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
that's for sure my Nokia now is stuffed because I updated it and stops audio from working what's more you cannot rollback the firmware

apstar
What sort of Nokia are you using? I did a upgrade on my N95 and it works perfectly with the bluetooth unit. I'm sure you can re-set the firmware.

Have a look here: http://clear-nokia.blogspot.com/2007...ing-guide.html. Anon says: "Problem solved. I found instructions how to hardreset the device (green button + 3 + * while pressing the start button) and I got it running. I found out that the backup I had taken could not be restored. Some of the settings were in conflict with the new version. Anyway, it works well now and I enjoy also more appropriate language pack."
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColonel
I don't pay for anything, my lil brother is a ford tech... but yeah that's how long it took to upload and what not... it's not an ECU flash it's the instrument cluster update....
My crappy ford deaLer denied any update. I said there is one. they said we know nothing. Then i rang the pricks at ford aus who also didnt want to give me any info and said that they woul donly update if their was a problem with the current cluster.

load of crap i reckon
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #11
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
What sort of Nokia are you using? I did a upgrade on my N95 and it works perfectly with the bluetooth unit. I'm sure you can re-set the firmware.

Have a look here: http://clear-nokia.blogspot.com/2007...ing-guide.html. Anon says: "Problem solved. I found instructions how to hardreset the device (green button + 3 + * while pressing the start button) and I got it running. I found out that the backup I had taken could not be restored. Some of the settings were in conflict with the new version. Anyway, it works well now and I enjoy also more appropriate language pack."
Sorry Dusty been away for a few days I'm using the Nokia 6110

apstar
Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #12
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Sorry Dusty been away for a few days I'm using the Nokia 6110

apstar
Did you have any luck with it? They all work off the same Symbian software. I've got a mate with the 6110.

Try a Google search for nokia [model] "unbranded" OR "generic" "product code" OR "productcode" then go through the process again. I take it you're usingin NSS?

Make sure you put in *#0000# and note your RM number. I had a lot of trouble because I was trying to update my N95 with RM-159 info. Once I updated to newer software I had no problems with my bluetooth car kit.

Happy for you to PM me.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #13
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Did you have any luck with it? They all work off the same Symbian software. I've got a mate with the 6110.

Try a Google search for nokia [model] "unbranded" OR "generic" "product code" OR "productcode" then go through the process again. I take it you're usingin NSS?

Make sure you put in *#0000# and note your RM number. I had a lot of trouble because I was trying to update my N95 with RM-159 info. Once I updated to newer software I had no problems with my bluetooth car kit.

Happy for you to PM me.
The phone part works Dusty but the Turn By Turn voice on the maps now does not work as is any landmarks that I have as speed cameras that use to BEEP at the set distance stop the pairing and the above all works as I said V3.58 worked a treat until I upgraded to V04.22 :(
so what does the RM means mine is RM-122
apstar