Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
BC1000stars

Default Rare Mondeo ST220

Hi all,
I’m selling my beloved 2004 Mk3 Mondeo ST220.
After I bought it in 2015 I restored and smartly upgraded it and it is now absolutely stunning but my work commitments now mean I’m just not able to enjoy driving it as much ch as I’d like and what I’m really hoping is that the car will end up with someone who knows exactly what they’re buying and it’ll continue to be loved and cared for as much as I have done.
Although there are a handful of Mk3 Mondeos in Australia (the majority coming from NZ) this is a fully compliant UK private import and is thought to be the only genuine ST220 in Australia.

The ad to the car can be found on Carsales and is the only 2004 Mondeo listed.

(I would post a link here but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to?)

Anyway, thanks for reading this. I will still have my beaut ST24!

Last edited by BC1000stars; 07-08-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Unsure of whether I could post a sale post
BC1000stars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
manchu

Default Re: Rare Mondeo ST220

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1000stars View Post

I would post a link here but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to?
sure can.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=41

nice car btw.
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Rare Mondeo ST220 for sale

Price?

I remember when it was for sale last time.

FYI- in a previous life I worked for Ford, this car was one of the bench mark cars for the FG 18' ride quality targets.

If that thing was RWD is would be a sensation. Dont take it the wrong way, its an amazing car, quiet, smooth responsive etc etc
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
BC1000stars

Thanks Manchu
Hi Polyal yeah we chatted a fair bit about it and I remember you saying that about the FG. I was actually going to mention that in the ad but I thought I’d written enough!
She’s in a fair bit (read A LOT) better condition now than when I got her, price is commensurate with all the work done and how she presents now.
I don’t take the rear wheel drive the wrong way at all! It is what it is but yes, I do agree in RWD form it would take it to another level. As is, it is a superbly capable tourer though and as you’ll see from the pics, certainly as good as it can be.
In the three years I’ve had her I haven’t even covered 5000 miles and 1000 of those were bringing her down from Brissie! I’ll certainly be sad to see her go but all the hard work has been done now and she's ready for someone to turn the key and enjoy
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SE-AD-5593962/
Old 08-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I have always had a particular liking of the second generatio Mondeo.

There are many styling elements that clearly influenced the design of the BA Falcon. Such as the chrome line under the rear lamps, the grill openings, the seat design, the basic instrument layout and design of the ICC, the outline of the headlamps.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #6
Skellibert

Out of interest...…
Why sell the 220 and keep the ST24?

Just wondering - I have just become the proud new slave to an ST24 - bought unreg for a song, first inspection came back with a few minor faults - hope to have fixed them in the next few days and back for a (Hopefully) successful re-inspection.

Is there a register for the ST's at all?

I just want to know how rare this things, and how much trouble I have bought.....
Skellibert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #7
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

those seats just looks crazy cool. love em