Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
klone

Default Damaged head lining.

I had my focus back to the dealer today to have a new head lining fitted due to the original one being damaged in the LH rear corner from new. Only one problem, they pulled mine out and found that the replacement had the same damage when they removed it from it's packaging. Bugger! Even worse, they reckon that there are no more in stock and are currently on back order. The only thing they could do was to fit the old one back in until the new ones arrive. Now the head lining looks really crap! They reckon that every focus sedan they had in the yard had the same damage in the same spot. Has anyone else had this problem? Either way, I'll be ringing Ford in the morning to see what they can do. Not happy!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
scooby

yep mine was the same on my LS Focus. Lining started to collapse in rear left corner.
Never did get around getting it fixed (sold it).
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
klone

I spoke with Ford Australia this morning and they reckon it will be here in 2 - 3 weeks. A complete contrast of information to what the dealer told me. Ford have supplied a reference number and told me they will be tracking it. If I haven't heard from them, I'll be ringing them on the day. We'll see what happens.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
zetecboy

Good luck. I rang Ford the other week, I couldn't get over how rude the girl was on the other end. Rather than listen to what I had to say all she did was talk over me rattling off the well worded public relations statement that she would have had up on her computer screen.
zetecboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #5
klone

Yeh well the way I see it, I brought a brand new car, so I expect it to be in brand new condition. So far, they have committed to fixing it so I'll give them the benefit of any doubt and see what happens.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
klone

Had the new head lining fitted yesterday. Looks great. Now it's back to the dealer this arvo to inspect the 3 damaged and 2 incorrectly fitted pillar covers. :
Old 11-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #7
warbo
Starter Motor

Your story of them damaging the plastic pillars reminds me of exactly what they did to my LR 4 years ago when my headlining needed replacing, mind you it went like this;
Replace headlining - inturn damage pillars
Replace pillars - damage headlining
Replace headlining again - damage pillars again
Replace pillars again, finally got it right
Ended up with a brand new fiesta off them for nearly 3 weeks whilst this was going on, make sure you check all over your car before you take it back off your dealer!
warbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #8
klone

Yeh, it's not really good enough is it! These are supposed to be the people that are trained and experienced to do the job. And what really ****es me off is why even give me back the car in that condition without saying anything. I work for a global auto component supplier to most major automotive OEM's and the quality standards we work to with our products are second to none. I expect that in return when the shoe is on the other foot. One positive is that Ford Australia are keeping in contact and monitoring the issue.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #9
warbo
Starter Motor

You're 100% right, it's not good enought, but Ford Dealers don't seem to think of it that way. Hence I don't bother taking my car to them anymore.
warbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #10
klone

Update. Waited for a phone call on Thursday, didn't happen. I rang today and was given the run around and told that the mechanic that inspected the damage was absent for the day and therefore they couldn't provide an update as to what their repair plan was. Promised to be called on Monday. I'm not holding my breath. Tuesday I'll be talking with Ford Australia and will be turning up the heat. THIS PARTICULAR SA FORD DEALER IS A F---ING JOKE!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #11
klone

Finally had this issue resolved today. Although one of the replacement covers doesn't line up perfectly, it's not worth the hassle of going back. In fact, I wont ever be going back. I'll be sourcing another dealer for servicing and any waranty issues.

BTW: I must point out that the Ford Customer Care department were excellent in dealing with this, and had it not been for them continually kicking the dealer up the backside, I'd still be waiting for the issue to be resolved. Strangly enough, the service and attention I got from this final visit to the dealer was pretty good.

Too little, too late!