Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 
Default Purchasing products from overseas

I'm really struggling atm in trying to purchase a product from the USA. I wanna buy a pretty trick camera mount system, however the company says that they won't deal with customers outside of the USA due to what they term 'credit card fraud'.
As a result I'm in a bit of a spot as to obtaining said gear.
: :
Be interested in hearing other peoples stories of overseas runaraounds, & how they got around them
(of course if there's a member on here from Burbank, California interested in helping me out, I'll happily make it worthwhile)
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #2
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

http://shopthestates.com/

Haven't used them myself but know of a few people that have with good results.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I've used them and I'd endorse their services.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #4
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

don't know if this will help or not, but i've just purchased parts through ebay and paid via paypal. fairly simple to do. the killer is freight charges.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #5
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wulos similar thing happened to me, convinced them through a fax from my bank stating who I was etc. Worst thing was customs got the item on the way in charge tax on it, still good way to do it.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
Dodge
i like to be stroked

if they have a bank acc u can IMT the money over ,u need their banks details, swift code address every detail . or if they sell on ebay they will have payment options there. If not let me know i will have my people contact ur people and it will get sorted.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #7
BLKFPV
true blue from "The BOG"

http://shopthestates.com/

I think I'll try that ... seems a simple enough deal compared to trying to get some of the retailers to get it too you direct

".... where having a FORD is all that matters"

not a 10sec car but a 2008 Bathurst 12 hour Race Car

(03) 9720 4448
to email click here
www.thebog.com.au

11/176 Canterbury Road BAYSWATER
BLKFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #8
EDXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtang
Thats a great idea, I have ordered plenty of stuff from the US and generally don't have any problems, but I do hate when a company won't deal outside of the US.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 PM   #9
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I want to order a couple of Dvd's from the states too, with the NZ dollar being so strong against it, there is some real bargains to be had
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #10
Thunder Kiss

Wulos, I'd deal with someone else. That sounds like a p!ss poor excuse. They probably can't be bothered filling out the extra form required for shipping o/s.
I've bought plenty of car parts from the USA and never had anyone say that.
Thunder Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2005, 06:33 PM   #11
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

The only issue I have with going elsewhere is that I can't locate another supplier of similar gear that is of as high a quality.
Thanx fer the info guys - I'll give that shopthestates a try & see what happens..
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post