Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2022, 10:22 PM   #421
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

Was actually pondering what would have happened if Trump was POTUS. On the surface, Trump seemed to be antiwar, and more of a deal maker. Maybe Putin would have got what he wanted without firing a shot, maybe Zelensky would be retired in Miami living it up, maybe no civilians would have died, and maybe the global public would have been none the wiser with WTF just happened.

Look at how Trump's administration agreed to the Taliban prisoners release, and now one of them is the PM in the Taliban government Its fascinating how all this **** plays out in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
Imagine how much worse things would be if Ukraine didn't receive the javelins? .
Depends how this turns out in the end. I can't see Russia admitting defeat. And so, feeding weapons to an undersized army, and not actually getting involved, is probably the worse thing they could have done for the Ukrainian people. It's looking like it could be death by a thousand cuts. Putin might still get what he was after, but with a lot more deaths and destruction.

But no worries, check out the share price of Lockheed, Raytheon, BAE Systems, Northrop since February.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2022, 11:01 PM   #422
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really don't understand why Aussies these days pick up their pom-poms and cheer-lead for American political parties with more fervour than they do their favourite footy teams.

Like when did we start giving a stuff about Republicans and Democrats - it just makes no ****ing sense.

Trump is an infantile moron that could not or would not listen to others and acted in his own best interests, Biden is a senile old man and he and Hunter are probably crooked or have had crooked dealings (and so has Trump, and Hillary was crooked - really, aren't all pollies?).

I get that whoever leads the US currently leads the free-world, so we all have a vested interest. But when did we care so much to argue over that crap. Like earlier where someone specifically mentions "Democrats" when levelling blame...why not just blame the US government or the West or Biden - why specifically state "Democrats"? And Democrat supporters are just as bad.

It's ridiculous, we never used to care this much and fight about this...it permeates every discussion. Would it be fair to say those that support the Right or Republicans or Trump are those that are putting most of the blame for Russia's invasion on the US and the West, rather than where it belongs (Russia)?

I swear it is driven by Russian web brigades sewing divide in the west - turning us against each other.
5 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 12:19 AM   #423
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
I really don't understand why Aussies these days pick up their pom-poms and cheer-lead for American political parties with more fervour than they do their favourite footy teams.

Like when did we start giving a stuff about Republicans and Democrats - it just makes no ****ing sense.

Trump is an infantile moron that could not or would not listen to others and acted in his own best interests, Biden is a senile old man and he and Hunter are probably crooked or have had crooked dealings (and so has Trump, and Hillary was crooked - really, aren't all pollies?).

I get that whoever leads the US currently leads the free-world, so we all have a vested interest. But when did we care so much to argue over that crap. Like earlier where someone specifically mentions "Democrats" when levelling blame...why not just blame the US government or the West or Biden - why specifically state "Democrats"? And Democrat supporters are just as bad.

It's ridiculous, we never used to care this much and fight about this...it permeates every discussion. Would it be fair to say those that support the Right or Republicans or Trump are those that are putting most of the blame for Russia's invasion on the US and the West, rather than where it belongs (Russia)?

I swear it is driven by Russian web brigades sewing divide in the west - turning us against each other.
The reason it is important to understand American politics is Australia follows and adopts everything that happens in America.

Plus America is directly responsible for petrol prices being so high in Australia.
4 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 09:34 AM   #424
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get that, but I swear there are some Aussies that are now incredibly tribal about US politics.

Like the Democrats could do absolutely amazing things and yet Republican supporters will still sling **** at the Democrats; and likewise Democrat supporters exactly the same (they'll always sling **** at the Republicans whether they are performing good or bad).

So I'm not talking about those that have an interest and are impartial (I said myself we all have a vested interest as the US leads the free world); I'm talking those that have a fanatical bias for Republicans or Democrats as opposed to whichever does a good job (and there are far more of these people than I can ever remember).
This user likes this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 11:45 AM   #425
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"the US leads the free world"

???
Old 29-03-2022, 11:55 AM   #426
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I get that, but I swear there are some Aussies that are now incredibly tribal about US politics.

Like the Democrats could do absolutely amazing things and yet Republican supporters will still sling **** at the Democrats; and likewise Democrat supporters exactly the same (they'll always sling **** at the Republicans whether they are performing good or bad).

So I'm not talking about those that have an interest and are impartial (I said myself we all have a vested interest as the US leads the free world); I'm talking those that have a fanatical bias for Republicans or Democrats as opposed to whichever does a good job (and there are far more of these people than I can ever remember).
I don't think it's just politics that suffers the same fate, most subjects seem to have been going the same direction and becoming more polarizing, take the EV ICE discussion on this platform for instance and of course the vax debate

My thoughts are it stems from everyone "dOinG yOuR oWn rEseArCh" online and the interwebz algorithms doing their thing and pushing people further down a rabbit hole in their perceived bias to extreme points of view (be it right or wrong everyone has a voice on the internet) clouding any true facts
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 12:35 PM   #427
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
"the US leads the free world"

???
Sorry. Cabal of shape-shifting lizard people uses puppets in the US gov to control the world, so they can continue to clone children to feed on and gift to Hollywood peodos
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 01:53 PM   #428
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Sorry. Cabal of shape-shifting lizard people uses puppets in the US gov to control the world, so they can continue to clone children to feed on and gift to Hollywood peodos
True from the nutters perspective, but I have all of these nutcases on Ignore, I have pretty much one post per page, and lot of “you have this person on ignore” showing in this thread,

It’s great, only sane people post in this thread in my view.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #429
John 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
The reason it is important to understand American politics is Australia follows and adopts everything that happens in America.

Plus America is directly responsible for petrol prices being so high in Australia.
In response to the first statement. Thankfully there is a time lag, but we appear not to use it, instead we blunder on following the US shadow. I used to think it was about 5 years, but today I feel it's somewhat less.

In response to the second statement. I really don't think that the US has a lot of control over petrol prices anywhere. The largest oil refinery in Texas is owned by Saudiaramco. ( remember needing to fly the Binlarden (sic) family out of Texas immediately following the 9/11 incident.
Old 30-03-2022, 06:25 PM   #430
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Some background on Hunter Biden securing millions in funding for US contractor in Ukraine specializing in deadly pathogen research

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-Ukraine.html
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2022, 07:00 PM   #431
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What has this world come to when we have to rely on the likes of DailyMail to show some balance (when I was working in the UK, my boss at the time threatened to sack me if I continued to read the DailyMail at work, not sure if he was joking or not).

So Putin's claims since the very start of the war.....

NATO - tick
Neo Nazi movement - tick
Bio weapon program / "research" - tick?

Whats next?

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 30-03-2022, 08:47 PM   #432
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
True from the nutters perspective, but I have all of these nutcases on Ignore, I have pretty much one post per page, and lot of “you have this person on ignore” showing in this thread,

You ain't got me on ignore.
Old 30-03-2022, 08:49 PM   #433
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Some background on Hunter Biden securing millions in funding for US contractor in Ukraine specializing in deadly pathogen research

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-Ukraine.html
That's just one deal, there were dozens and '' The Big Guy '' got 10%.
Old 31-03-2022, 12:47 AM   #434
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
You forgot to mention Donald Trump as he had a hand in bad US foreign affairs especially with Nato.
Old sleepy Joe inherited a mess from Trumps administration.

Absolute load of dribble.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 12:49 AM   #435
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post

You're one of the main nutters on my list buddy boy.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 31-03-2022, 02:24 AM   #436
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found this article rather interesting, not sure if it has been posted before.

https://www.statesman.com/story/opin...wn/7051335001/

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
Old 31-03-2022, 09:10 AM   #437
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

With things deteriorating strategically for the Russian armed forces in Ukraine and the "call to Holy Jihad" having largely failed to attract Middle East resources the Kremlin is turning to the Wagner Group to break the deadlock.

Russia Deploys Wagner Group to Eastern Ukraine in Risky Attempt to Break Stalemate

Quote:
Russia has deployed hundreds of mercenaries from an elite, prolific private military contracting firm aligned with the government to eastern Ukraine as a part of its campaign to break the burgeoning stalemate there, Western intelligence assesses.

“They are expected to deploy more than 1,000 mercenaries, including senior leaders of the organization, to undertake combat operations,” British Air Vice-Marshall Mick Smeath said in the statement. “Due to heavy losses and a largely stalled invasion, Russia has likely been forced to reprioritise Wagner personnel for Ukraine at the expense of operations in Africa and Syria.”
Here's an comprehensive, older research piece on the Wagner Groups background:

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...army-car-intl/
Old 31-03-2022, 09:29 AM   #438
HIPO
Al

Thumbs up Re: Russia v Ukraine

[QUOTE=Cav;6694847]The reason it is important to understand American politics is Australia follows and adopts everything that happens in America.

......... exactly, pretty obvious!
Old 31-03-2022, 09:34 AM   #439
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
What has this world come to when we have to rely on the likes of DailyMail to show some balance (when I was working in the UK, my boss at the time threatened to sack me if I continued to read the DailyMail at work, not sure if he was joking or not).

So Putin's claims since the very start of the war.....

NATO - tick
Neo Nazi movement - tick
Bio weapon program / "research" - tick?

Whats next?
gold backed $'s....
Old 31-03-2022, 09:54 AM   #440
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

C’mon, it’s the Daily Mail. “What’s next” will be an article about Katie Price showing her barely dressed.

There were Russian inquiries 2-3 years ago into establishing businesses detecting/tapping groundwater in Australia. I don’t know if they expected to follow a similar model to how they like trading in Africa - which seems to be all about stripping the wealth and returning negligible environmental or social dividends.
Old 31-03-2022, 11:37 AM   #441
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation held an evening briefing on the situation in the Donbas

Kirill Gromov yesterday at 18:18

The main thing for the evening of March 30

The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation held a briefing on Ukraine, which highlighted the main events by the evening of 30 March in the special military operation. This was told by the official representative of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, Major General Igor Konashenkov.

"Specific officials who took part in the creation of biological weapons components in Ukraine have been identified," the Russian Defense Ministry said.

According to the department, they were the heads of departments and employees of the Pentagon and its main contracting companies. In addition, as reported in the department, the ongoing journalistic investigations in the Western press show that these companies were directly related with Hunter Biden.

The ministry added that the Kiev regime seriously considered the possibility of using biological weapons against the population of Donbass and Russia.

"The documents indicate Kiev's plans to use drones capable of spraying deadly substances," the Russian Defense Ministry said.

The main of the statements of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation:

The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, developing the offensive, broke through the well-fortified defenses of the enemy, crossed the Shaytanka River and are fighting with units of the 53rd Mechanized Brigade on the outskirts of the village of Velikaya Novoselka;

In the Kiev and Chernihiv directions, a planned regrouping of troops is taking place, all the main tasks of the Russian Armed Forces in the Kiev and Chernihiv directions have been fulfilled;

The purpose of the regrouping of Russian troops is to intensify actions in priority areas and, above all, to complete the operation for the complete liberation of Donbass.;

At the first stage of the special operation in Ukraine, it was planned to force the enemy to concentrate forces to hold large cities, to shackle them, these goals were fulfilled;

The Russian military broke through the well-fortified enemy defenses, crossed the Shaytanka River and are fighting with units of the 53rd Mechanized Brigade on the outskirts of Velikaya Novoselka;

There is a cleansing from the national formations of the village of Zolotaya Niva. The advance was 8 kilometers. Up to 50 personnel, 3 tanks, 5 IFVs, 8 vehicles for various purposes were destroyed;

The LPR forces continue their offensive on Severodonetsk, battles are underway to mop up the village of Zhytlovka, Ukrainian national battalions in the Severodonetsk direction are suffering serious losses;

The Russian Armed Forces took control of all the main lines of communication, supply and approach of the reserves of the Ukrainian army.

Recall that on February 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a special military operation in Ukraine in response to the appeal of the leaders of the republics of Donbass with a request for help. He stressed that Moscow's plans do not include the occupation of Ukrainian territories. After that, the United States, the EU, the United Kingdom, as well as a number of other states, announced that they were imposing sanctions against Russian individuals and legal entities, which are primarily directed against the banking sector and the supply of high-tech products. Many brands have also reported suspending operations in the country.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 11:56 AM   #442
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I find it very hard to believe Ukraine had any intention on launching chemical warefare on Russia, would go against everything they are fighting for?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 01:23 PM   #443
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation held an evening briefing on the situation in the Donbas

Kirill Gromov yesterday at 18:18

The main thing for the evening of March 30

The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation held a briefing on Ukraine, which highlighted the main events by the evening of 30 March in the special military operation. This was told by the official representative of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, Major General Igor Konashenkov.

"Specific officials who took part in the creation of biological weapons components in Ukraine have been identified," the Russian Defense Ministry said.

According to the department, they were the heads of departments and employees of the Pentagon and its main contracting companies. In addition, as reported in the department, the ongoing journalistic investigations in the Western press show that these companies were directly related with Hunter Biden.

The ministry added that the Kiev regime seriously considered the possibility of using biological weapons against the population of Donbass and Russia.

"The documents indicate Kiev's plans to use drones capable of spraying deadly substances," the Russian Defense Ministry said.

The main of the statements of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation:

The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, developing the offensive, broke through the well-fortified defenses of the enemy, crossed the Shaytanka River and are fighting with units of the 53rd Mechanized Brigade on the outskirts of the village of Velikaya Novoselka;

In the Kiev and Chernihiv directions, a planned regrouping of troops is taking place, all the main tasks of the Russian Armed Forces in the Kiev and Chernihiv directions have been fulfilled;

The purpose of the regrouping of Russian troops is to intensify actions in priority areas and, above all, to complete the operation for the complete liberation of Donbass.;

At the first stage of the special operation in Ukraine, it was planned to force the enemy to concentrate forces to hold large cities, to shackle them, these goals were fulfilled;

The Russian military broke through the well-fortified enemy defenses, crossed the Shaytanka River and are fighting with units of the 53rd Mechanized Brigade on the outskirts of Velikaya Novoselka;

There is a cleansing from the national formations of the village of Zolotaya Niva. The advance was 8 kilometers. Up to 50 personnel, 3 tanks, 5 IFVs, 8 vehicles for various purposes were destroyed;

The LPR forces continue their offensive on Severodonetsk, battles are underway to mop up the village of Zhytlovka, Ukrainian national battalions in the Severodonetsk direction are suffering serious losses;

The Russian Armed Forces took control of all the main lines of communication, supply and approach of the reserves of the Ukrainian army.

Recall that on February 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a special military operation in Ukraine in response to the appeal of the leaders of the republics of Donbass with a request for help. He stressed that Moscow's plans do not include the occupation of Ukrainian territories. After that, the United States, the EU, the United Kingdom, as well as a number of other states, announced that they were imposing sanctions against Russian individuals and legal entities, which are primarily directed against the banking sector and the supply of high-tech products. Many brands have also reported suspending operations in the country.
C'mon Cav, that guys has proven to be less accurate than this guy was...

3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 01:26 PM   #444
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I find it very hard to believe Ukraine had any intention on launching chemical warefare on Russia, would go against everything they are fighting for?
140 million Russians might think differently? (Fed the right diatribe)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 02:20 PM   #445
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Lots of things have happened recently that we wouldn't have believed to be possible from the beginning.

If you read up on what was happening in the Donbas region, even before all this crap started, I'm not certain this would be beyond the realm of possibility

And maybe it wouldn't have been "Ukraine" making that call, given the links being made.

The source of the claims have now been entered into congressional record, so its no longer some wishy washy, lizard people, shape shifting mythology.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 04:11 PM   #446
Itsme
Experienced Member

I find it amusing as to how some people in this topic want to legitimise vladimir Putin decision to invade Ukraine.
God help us if Australia ever gets invaded as I'm sure there will be those with a welcome mat at their front door along with a hand shake.
5 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 05:06 PM   #447
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I find it amusing as to how some people in this topic want to legitimise vladimir Putin decision to invade Ukraine.
God help us if Australia ever gets invaded as I'm sure there will be those with a welcome mat at their front door along with a hand shake.
That is actually a frightening statement. Almost like its suggesting that those who dare challenge the status quo, apply critical thinking, refuse to swallow everything that gov and msm feeds them, will automatically become an enemy of the state.

Fear not, have a read up on Cognitive Warfare, we will be programmed to hate thy "enemy" before they even become the enemy. Looks like it's already started.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 05:39 PM   #448
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Dont worry, our AFF armchair experts will be all over them well before they get here.

We will have our own Coronavirus devised ready for deployment, solved this issues with the world doesnt love LPG like Falcon owners do, our tanks will be electrified and all the while we can give advice on inherent head gasket, diff bush and rats in turbo problems.

Im going to stick to my 1990's C&C Red Alert tactics thanks, she'll be right.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 05:45 PM   #449
PhilT2

Quote:
C'mon Cav, that guys has proven to be less accurate than this guy was...

Wasn't it only last week that the Russians were saying that the Ukraine plot was to spread a virus using migrating birds?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ghters-ukraine
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2022, 05:48 PM   #450
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

If one wanted to prosecute chemical warfare, the recipe is simple; poison coated USD$50 notes sprinkled by drones in cities anywhere.
5 users like this post:
Closed Thread