Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #1
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default chewing fuel/gas!!!

last week i filled the gas and petrol . i normally get about 18l/100klm on gas and about 14/100 on petrol this varies as to how hard i boot it but always about the same. now within the week im getting 23-26l/100klms! car is running fine, no miss or flat spots, no holding back, nothing. have checked for leaks ect cant find anything wrong. being on gas most of the time im wondering if its time for plugs and leads?

amiers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 01:56 AM   #2
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Possibly time for new ignition equipment. Have you tried reseting the ECU?
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

o2 sensor might need a change as well, can effect gas on cruise i`m told but not sure 100 percent on that one, but worth a look for sure.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 02:30 AM   #4
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how do i reset the ecu? i take it you disconnect the battery?
Old 19-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
james22
With da Warlords

www.aufalcon.com.au/Tech/TechECU.htm

heres the link for the ecu reset procedure.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If its chewing through heaps of fuel, maybe you should get your car's teeth checked....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If its chewing through heaps of fuel, maybe you should get your car's teeth checked....

had her to the dentist, no fillings needed. however did have to put her on a diet. _2: