Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-05-2014, 01:39 AM   #1081
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyclevo View Post
ugly bloody thing.

OH, i thought. does that attitude come with the car. or do you need an attitude to have one.

geez. I hate that.
As a fellow BMW owner I have to say the attitude comes with the car. Anyone willing to own /drive a car that FUGLY well ... what more can I say.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2014, 02:17 AM   #1082
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
getting so close to the end of succeeding a semester of school, only to find out that you didn't pass your exam re-sits by 5-8%, exams witch you gotta pass to continue going through the course, that really ground my gears yesterday, still haven't told the family of the fails either and honestly dunno what to say as l feel like a total disappointment to them.
I got a 47.55 on my ENTER score for Year 12 because I threw my VCE at the start year 12, after doing really well in Year 11, deciding I didn't need school because I was going to become a mechanic instead, because I loved cars and working on cars for a living would be awesome (famous last words).

So I spent all my Year 12 in the spare room, reading Unique Cars and Street Fords magazines and posting on AFF.

I also did electrical in high school from year 8 to the end of year 12 because it was a bludge and I wasn't going to use it for anything just for an easy way through year 12, so I bludged all the way through that just passing by doing the theory work and none of the prac.

Did an apprenticeship as a mechanic for 6 months after Year 12, which sucked so I ended up getting offered an apprenticeship as an auto electrician (Remember that highschool electrical I wasnt going to ever use?), and I just finished that earlier this year, which wasn't much better than the light vehicle mechanic apprenticeship.

Last year I signed up for Cert IV in OHS while I was at trade school one day, and completed that last year, now I'm doing Diploma in WHS with the view to work my way up to university.

So take it from me, if you do something wrong you can work your way back up, and as someone else said, its easier the second time around anyway.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #1083
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I got a 47.55 on my ENTER score for Year 12 because I threw my VCE at the start year 12, after doing really well in Year 11, deciding I didn't need school because I was going to become a mechanic instead, because I loved cars and working on cars for a living would be awesome (famous last words).

So I spent all my Year 12 in the spare room, reading Unique Cars and Street Fords magazines and posting on AFF.

I also did electrical in high school from year 8 to the end of year 12 because it was a bludge and I wasn't going to use it for anything just for an easy way through year 12, so I bludged all the way through that just passing by doing the theory work and none of the prac.

Did an apprenticeship as a mechanic for 6 months after Year 12, which sucked so I ended up getting offered an apprenticeship as an auto electrician (Remember that highschool electrical I wasnt going to ever use?), and I just finished that earlier this year, which wasn't much better than the light vehicle mechanic apprenticeship.

Last year I signed up for Cert IV in OHS while I was at trade school one day, and completed that last year, now I'm doing Diploma in WHS with the view to work my way up to university.

So take it from me, if you do something wrong you can work your way back up, and as someone else said, its easier the second time around anyway.
Damo, I got less than 2 marks more than what you did in Yr12 for my TER (49.25 - the bloody mongrels couldn't even give me an even half mark...). That was for a whole bunch of reasons, most out of my control.

I was a persistent mongrel who never took no for an answer.. Spoke to anyone who would listen, took the advice from the right people and didn't question it.

Got 2 degrees right after school, seen the world right after that, built a nice nest egg right after that, married a wonderful lass and only did it through sheer determination and a 'can do' attitude.

"When you feel like you have lost everything, fight like you have nothing to lose"... don't know where I got that quote from, but it has served me well.

Most here know I'm a High School teacher... a young lady in one of my classes told me if I wanted to know who her inspiration was.. I was expecting that Beiber girl, or one of those no directioners... nope...

It was me... (well F me - some actually listened when I used myself as an example to not allow academic achievements alone be the thing that defines which path their life journey takes) ... I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, believe me I know (got the paperwork to prove it) but if I can do it anyone can.

So, my gripe for this evening was meant to be how Hotmail tells me every time I log in how I have messages in my POP folder, yet there are none there...

The second one, anyone who judges a persons ability or worth solely on a bit of paper with numbers on it.

Cheers,

Jason

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #1084
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pedestrians that walk in front of you when you have a green and they don't.
Happens all the time in a couple of places I regularly drive.

I'm sitting patiently at a red for a minute or 2 and I notice the pedestrian who's been standing at a red crosslight for 5 seconds getting impatient. As soon as my lights about to go green they step in front and slowly and illegally cross which screws everyone who is 3 or more cars back because they then miss the light and have to wait for another cycle.

When my lights about to go green and I can see a ped about to cross, I slowly roll forward as a hint to them to not cross in front, but they usually still do anyway.

Wouldn't be a big deal if it only happened to me every few weeks, but it happens several times a week to me.
Ben73 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2014, 12:30 AM   #1085
dirtyclevo

dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2014, 12:34 AM   #1086
dirtyclevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

I'm sitting patiently at a red for a minute or 2 and I notice the pedestrian who's been standing at a red crosslight for 5 seconds getting impatient. As soon as my lights about to go green they step in front and slowly and illegally cross which screws everyone who is 3 or more cars back because they then miss the light and have to wait for another cycle.

When my lights about to go green and I can see a ped about to cross, I slowly roll forward as a hint to them to not cross in front, but they usually still do anyway.

Wouldn't be a big deal if it only happened to me every few weeks, but it happens several times a week to me.
check this tool out then

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=722830181109958
Old 12-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #1087
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Finally scored a job interview yesterday! Got all excited, ironed shirt and slacks, even donned a tie, that's a big effort from me - I'm a dag and more comfy wearing a potato sack. Job was advertised at a home brew supply shop only 10mins away from mine, 16hrs pw minimum but could lead to more hours - I'm up for that, it's a start and gets me out of the house.

Interview was going extremely well, dude explained what I'd be doing and it was all good. 4hrs/day, any random day of the week/weekend was a bit of a downer but hey, I'm keen for it and the role suited me just dandy.

Clincher came when I got told the job was at another store on the southside of Brisbane - 38km each way using toll roads. Thanks for completely wasting my time dh!

Geez, I hate that!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #1088
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

I put a crazy loud horn in. No little toots for people doing the wrong thing....
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #1089
dirtyclevo

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7A9Y5dwPHI
This user likes this post:
Old 12-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #1090
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyclevo View Post
Not quite.... but who knows for the future...
Old 13-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #1091
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, my latest gripe:
A shop is closing down (legit, not a rug store) and has up a big sign "everything must go, make an offer." So I go in for a look, lots of little signs saying "must sell, make us an offer." So I have a look, nothing much, but I see something that MIGHT come in handy. It had started at a ridiculous price of $80, and been reduced to $60. I figured for $20~30 it would be worth having in the cupboard. So I enquire and he rather brusquely tells me "price is on it." I'm inclined to just put it down and leave, but encouraged by his "make an offer" signs I ask him politely if he would take $30?
Whereupon he launches into a tirade about how much money he's losing and how its already below cost, etc, etc. FMD.
I feel bad for the guy losing his business (and if $60 is already below his cost then I can understand why) but DON'T put up signs saying "everything must go - make an offer" then chuck a sad when somebody does.
I don't go around trying to rip people off. If it was a fair price and I needed it I would have bought it.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #1092
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Finally scored a job interview yesterday! Got all excited, ironed shirt and slacks, even donned a tie, that's a big effort from me - I'm a dag and more comfy wearing a potato sack. Job was advertised at a home brew supply shop only 10mins away from mine, 16hrs pw minimum but could lead to more hours - I'm up for that, it's a start and gets me out of the house.

Interview was going extremely well, dude explained what I'd be doing and it was all good. 4hrs/day, any random day of the week/weekend was a bit of a downer but hey, I'm keen for it and the role suited me just dandy.

Clincher came when I got told the job was at another store on the southside of Brisbane - 38km each way using toll roads. Thanks for completely wasting my time dh!

Geez, I hate that!
yeah, some people just have no clue. They seem to forget that just because the interview is just down the hall for them and part of their job, that its an actual big inconvenience and often quite stressful for the interviewee.

I've had some absolute doosies:
One job I had already spoken to them by phone, discussed the job and preliminaries, and then they called back and arranged an interview. So at the interview we go through my resume, talk about the company, and then they announce that they have already filled the job I applied for by internal promotion but they want to consider me for the vacancy left by the promotion, a much junior role at a lot less money.

Peabody energy flew me across Australia (Perth to Mackay and back inside 20 hours) so I could have lunch with the Manager and he could say "thanks, I didn't want to say no without having met you."

But the best was Barrick. They wanted to interview me for a role, but they refused to do it by phone or teleconference. They flew me from Indonesia back to Perth (and return) for a 15 minute interview that could only be described as abusive, and carried on as though I was wasting THEIR time.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #1093
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People who don't bother replying to emails and phone calls, even after several reminders.

Have emailed several tradies / builders over the course of a month and not bloody one has got back to me. Not one.

Wonder if they are the first to cry when work dries up and 'no one contacts us for jobs anymore'.....

Not a small job either....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #1094
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
People who don't bother replying to emails and phone calls, even after several reminders.

Have emailed several tradies / builders over the course of a month and not bloody one has got back to me. Not one.

Wonder if they are the first to cry when work dries up and 'no one contacts us for jobs anymore'.....

Not a small job either....
Geez Jason their Tradies!!

They work like they drive.... Head in one place, mind in another
Old 15-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #1095
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
I put a crazy loud horn in. No little toots for people doing the wrong thing....
Yeah, that's what's needed. Not the wussy wimpy toot in cars today but a big loud obnoxious "BLAAAARP", the kind of noise that ruins your day if directed at you.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #1096
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I hate it when phone calls to your mobile go straight to message bank even though your phone has been in your pocket all day and you haven't been anywhere out of the ordinary.

A call I was expecting never came, just went straight to message bank and didn't notice until after the shops closed. God damn it!!!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #1097
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xauterus View Post
Have you tried some yellow tinted glasses when driving at night?
Cheers mate, grabbed some cyclist glasses from a local push bike shop. UV resist, comes with clear, grey tint and yellow. $25.

And yes, the do seem to help at night. Cutting glare, sharpening focus.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #1098
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Cheers mate, grabbed some cyclist glasses from a local push bike shop. UV resist, comes with clear, grey tint and yellow. $25.

And yes, the do seem to help at night. Cutting glare, sharpening focus.
thanks! same here, but evil bay $8:00 free postage.

seem to work well at night.
thefargo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #1099
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Urgent - Must Sell by __ " car ads.
Ok, I have cash and now what I'm looking for, so maybe we can help each other out.
No, Vendor has some stupid plucked out of their bum price and won't settle for less. SO much for the "must sell."
Part of this is the bizarre process some people use to arrive at an asking price.
Old 18-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #1100
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
"Urgent - Must Sell by __ " car ads.
Ok, I have cash and now what I'm looking for, so maybe we can help each other out.
No, Vendor has some stupid plucked out of their bum price and won't settle for less. SO much for the "must sell."
Part of this is the bizarre process some people use to arrive at an asking price.
The reverse is the people who low ball. You should basically write" can I have your car for free, with rego, rwc, and you pay all the costs while I use it"
Old 18-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #1101
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
The reverse is the people who low ball. You should basically write" can I have your car for free, with rego, rwc, and you pay all the costs while I use it"
at the end of the day, if the "vendor" says "$X,XXX FIRM, no dreamers or tyre-kickers," I understand that her indoors has made him agree to sell it, and that he probably won't even if offered full asking price. So even though I've wasted a few minutes reading his ad, I can skip it and move on.
Advertising that they'll accept the best offer by a given date, when they clearly will not, is the exact opposite, clearly deceptive.
It's so frustrating when I see a car that fits the bill, and their stupid pig-headedness gets in the way. Here's the tip; if you have a car that even "Dodgy Joe's Cheapo Lemons" won't buy from you, get an offer from a Wrecker. Anything above that is not a low-ball.
It really is amazing how some peoples brains work. I've had two people LEAVE Perth (one home to England, the other home to Melbourne) and LEAVE their cars sitting there rather than sell to me because they thought my FAIR offer was somehow taking advantage of them.
Old 18-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #1102
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

One of our Granddaughters gave The Dragon Lady a box of Freddo's and Caramello Koala's to sell for her Dancing School fundraiser

She then goes on to tell me that despite putting $5 in the bag I cant have any Koala's as they're to sell to her clients in her shop !!

Personally I think she just wants them to herself to snack on at work!!
Old 19-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #1103
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

people who cant sit on the actual roadworks speed limit

**** me how hard is it for the guy up the front to do the 40kmh thats posted while the workers fix and install new barriers on the side of the road
accelerate, brake, accelerate brake
christ almighty how hard is it to keep at a constant speed so the 40 cars backed up behind you arent braking and accelerating every 5 secs

you get the needle to 40, then you keep it there!!!
muppets
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #1104
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post

**** me how hard is it for the guy up the front to do the 40kmh thats posted while the workers fix and install new barriers on the side of the road
christ almighty how hard is it to keep at a constant speed so the 40 cars backed up behind you arent braking and accelerating every 5 secs

muppets
And its not like they've never had the opportunity to try this.
There seems to be more roadworks around the place these days than there are roads.
I'm gonna start manufacturing 25 and 40km/h speed limit signs.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #1105
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Went to the optometrist today for full field test on my eyes. Long story short, paying for field test, prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses with no health cover = ripped new a/hole.

geez I hate that

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #1106
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Went to the optometrist today for full field test on my eyes. Long story short, paying for field test, prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses with no health cover = ripped new a/hole.

geez I hate that
Depending on how open minded you are, you can order prescription glasses online and have them delivered to your door (you obviously need to request your prescription from your optometrist).

I ordered some sunglasses from zenni.com - prescription, 80% tint, polarised and frame/lenses for $50 odd delivered. They're better than the ones I paid nearly $200 for instore previously.

I know some people are adverse to ordering glasses (or other things for that matter) online from china - so it's just a thought!
Old 19-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #1107
stevesxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post

muppets
Let me guess?
Between Munno Para and Gawler?
Giving me the hiberty jibertys too.
I particularly like when people flog it up the lane that's about to close only to get to the end and have to force their way in, holding up the lane that is open.
stevesxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2014, 10:55 PM   #1108
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post
(you obviously need to request your prescription from your optometrist).
Quite a few don't like doing this, but by law the have to give you one if you ask for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post
I ordered some sunglasses from zenni.com - prescription, 80% tint, polarised and frame/lenses for $50 odd delivered. They're better than the ones I paid nearly $200 for instore previously.

I know some people are adverse to ordering glasses (or other things for that matter) online from china - so it's just a thought!
Yep, I've ordered 2 pairs in the last 2 years (I can claim them on tax ) Serengeti's from The Sunglasses Shop in England. Appx $250 cheaper than here.
Old 20-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #1109
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as I said in post 17 and again somewhere else, and mark my word I have been trying...I still cant lick my ******* elbow!

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #1110
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesxr View Post
Let me guess?
Between Munno Para and Gawler?
Giving me the hiberty jibertys too.
I particularly like when people flog it up the lane that's about to close only to get to the end and have to force their way in, holding up the lane that is open.
yup thats it
that shites me too
you can see the lane is blocked, stop trying to push right in down the front ffs
if we all let one car over early and stay on 40 then it'll flow nice and easily
but noooo
thats too hard
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post